Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Vanishing Hopper w/Sling

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   gov

gov

Legend

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,051 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:18 AM

The 2 installers (!) that did a Joey/3 Hopper install for one of my clients 2 weeks ago were extremely careful with the wiring, and the lead tech seemed very confident that if the wiring was 'perfect' we had a good shot at it.

He did express concern about the frequent 'buggy' software updates. So your posting about wiring issue and software upgrade would seem to fit right in with what he was saying.

DISH will get it, I think the feature is really good, shooting HDDVR around the house is worth a couple bites at the apple to get it perfected.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   3HaloODST

3HaloODST

Godfather

• Registered
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:55 PM

Well....so far everything is working ok. All the devices see each other. Interestingly, the Joeys are showing up in each others device list. I did not see that during the 2 days my system worked previously before crashing.

Not exactly sure what specifically the repair tech found wrong with the original install (his English wasn't great on the phone and I do not speak Albanian :)). He did run a third line from outside (getting rid of the tap I suppose).

I still think S303 was a factor in the original install working vs. not. Maybe after S304 comes out, I'll have to re-wire back to the old way. :lol:

If the Joeys couldn't see each other before than perhaps it really wasn't wired right. The Joeys are supposed to see each other as long as isolators aren't used. Glad they fixed you up!

2 Hoppers w/Sling / 2 Hopper 2000s / 1 Joey

1 ViP722k (separate account)

#23 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,323 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 08 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

Joeys couldn't see each other

While it could be good troubleshooting check, what is its purpose ? Js are clients, pretty dumb so far.

spam firewall