Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Returning Customer

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scarylibrary23

scarylibrary23

Legend

• Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

I'm a former customer of directv is there currently any good deals out there. Havent had service with them almost 2 years. Looking for hd/dvr with two bedroom uphook.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,209 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Look online at their site. As a returning customer after that long you should be able to get the new customer deal.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#3 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:27 PM

I'm a former customer of directv is there currently any good deals out there. Havent had service with them almost 2 years. Looking for hd/dvr with two bedroom uphook.

they are always running deals it all depends on what you want to pay.

#4 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:36 PM

Look online at their site. As a returning customer after that long you should be able to get the new customer deal.

It takes at least 2 years of the account being disconnected to get the new customer offer.

Returning customers (account being reactivated within 2 years) get offers based on the account status when the account was disconnected. If you were a good customer, you'll be able to get more. You would need to call to see what your account qualifies for.

#5 OFFLINE   scarylibrary23

scarylibrary23

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 05:55 PM

think i disconnected in may of 2011 so i dunno

#6 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

think i disconnected in may of 2011 so i dunno

your good but if you want the most for your money wait till august and get the nfl season for free.

#7 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:02 PM

your good but if you want the most for your money wait till august and get the nfl season for free.

There's a good chance the offers will start in June or July, but I would agree waiting if you wanted to get the best offers. The HR44 may be more abundant at that time as well.

#8 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

Yes I wanted to say July but I figured to be on the safe side give it an extra month. Heck we had to wait till the free preview was over to get nhlci.

#9 OFFLINE   raj2001

raj2001

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 929 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

There are also the costco and referral deals. You can get a $200 gift card by ordering through the costco website and you can also use a current subscriber's account number and get $10 off for 10 months. You can also stack both discounts for maximum savings.

For the costco deal you do not need to be a costco member and you can use the gift card without a membership.

#10 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:23 AM

Other reason I love it is in a few weeks we will have the golf masters and DirecTV does awesome I hate the main channel but being able to watch who or what hole I want to is awesome.

#11 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:41 PM

There are also the costco and referral deals. You can get a $200 gift card by ordering through the costco website and you can also use a current subscriber's account number and get $10 off for 10 months. You can also stack both discounts for maximum savings.

For the costco deal you do not need to be a costco member and you can use the gift card without a membership.

Costco is installed by Smart Circle International. I have more issues with their installs than any other company, possibly because they are doing so many more. I would not personally recommend a Sam's, Costco, Menards or Best Buy dealer offer for that reason. IMHO & YMMV.

Edited by Brubear, 06 February 2013 - 04:43 PM.
punctuation

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

#12 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

It takes at least 2 years of the account being disconnected to get the new customer offer.

Since WHEN??? I disco'd back around in September, & within a week of that, started getting "come back as a new customer" offers e-mailed CONSTANTLY...still been getting them every couple weeks since... :rolleyes:

#13 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

Since WHEN??? I disco'd back around in September, & within a week of that, started getting "come back as a new customer" offers e-mailed CONSTANTLY...still been getting them every couple weeks since... :rolleyes:

Its always funny that after you leave that is when they go 'we want to help you'. I just hope DirecTV doesn't get as bad as dish.

#14 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,209 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Yep, I recently switched and got email the next day with those same offers, and I'm getting them about every other day now.

Not to mention the 4 calls with the same offers.

Lloyd

#15 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,209 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

Its always funny that after you leave that is when they go 'we want to help you'. I just hope DirecTV doesn't get as bad as dish.

In my case, D* had made a pretty decent offer before I made the decision to switch. But I wasn't switching because of money, I was switching because I wanted some channels that D* didn't have in HD that I wanted.

Had the channels I want been there, I'd still be with D*.

Lloyd

#16 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 11:27 AM

In my case, D* had made a pretty decent offer before I made the decision to switch. But I wasn't switching because of money, I was switching because I wanted some channels that D* didn't have in HD that I wanted.

Had the channels I want been there, I'd still be with D*.

I have been told that, please tell me what channels DirecTV does not show that dish does. I am not trying to be mean but all of my shows are in HD.

#17 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

A "New Customer" offer is for those who do not have an account with D*. After 2 years of being disconnected, an account is basically archived for the information and an individual can setup new service. This is different than a returning customer or "Winback" offer. Usually the perks are close to the same, if not the exact same. I was merely referencing the difference in my original post.

#18 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:08 AM

I have been told that, please tell me what channels DirecTV does not show that dish does. I am not trying to be mean but all of my shows are in HD.

Well since you did ask...at the time I dumped D* last summer, this is what D* did NOT have in HD, that E* DID:

Our 3rd local PBS, that D* will still NOT add in HD
Bloomberg
Cooking
GSN
G4 (of course, D* doesn't carry it even in SD...)
H2
HLN
Hub
ID
LMN
MavTV
OWN
Reelz
RFD
Sportsman
Style
EPIX 1-3
Indie-plex
Retro-plex

Since then, E* has ALSO added:
We
Fuse
IFC (yea, I know D* JUST now finally spoon fed it out as well...)
(Sundance HD is currently up in testing & is expected to be added in Feb)

The big thing for me was that I was totally sick & tired of watching HLN in letterbox on my HDTV's; pretty pathetic that even lowly Comcast here has had this (& several other channels) in HD for almost TWO years (along w/DISH & U-verse here) while the "leader in HD" couldn't see fit to add it until a couple weeks ago. :rolleyes: :P (yea, I know a couple of those others were just now added by D* - too little, too late for me!)

The ONLY channels that I wish E* had, are Smithsonian & (just now) TV Land - but certainly NOT enough to go back to D*, at least for now. :nono:

Since I could care less about sports channels (all the missing ESPN's) & the Disneys, (I don't have kids & I sure as hell don't watch it...) I'm getting WAY more HD now that I actually watch, than I did w/D*.
Between this fact & being stuck with POS, dog-*** slow HR20's that D* refused to replace, I simply had lost patience w/paying D* all this $$$ for 3rd rate service!
After E* gave me an AWSOME deal to upgrade my current, limited Welcome Pak w/supers & 3 SD receivers to 3 HD DVR's (& 1 HD receiver) all at NO charge - along w/the DVR fee being waived for a year - there was NO way I could turn this down; wish I had done it sooner. (upgraded to AT250, of course)

Edited by dishrich, 09 February 2013 - 07:34 AM.

#19 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

A "New Customer" offer is for those who do not have an account with D*. After 2 years of being disconnected, an account is basically archived for the information and an individual can setup new service. This is different than a returning customer or "Winback" offer. Usually the perks are close to the same, if not the exact same.

OK, what IS the (real) diff then...the point is, whatever you want to call it, it's NOT a big deal for a "just disco'd sub" to get the SAME offers as new customers, ONCE you pull the plug entirely - obviously by all the posts here to this effect. Although in my case, they also offered to pay $200 toward the ETF of my "new provider" - which frankly, is a joke, considering the ETF would be almost DOUBLE this...thx but NO thx. :rolleyes:

#20 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,209 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

For me it was the Epix movie channels and Reelz in HD. Otherwise the differences between the two are minimal enough to not be an issue for me.

Lloyd

spam firewall