Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

New Hopper + Dish Anywhere - Crashing Plug-in/Browser

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Centex99

Centex99

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:11 PM

I think this is still related to avast... when I disable avast it seems to work... also it works on another PC without avast installed...

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   jimbo831

jimbo831

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 07:24 PM

I think this is still related to avast... when I disable avast it seems to work... also it works on another PC without avast installed...

That is not possible. I don't have, or have never had Avast installed on this computer.

#23 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

There is a known issue and it affects avast and a few other security suites as I stated earlier and you have one of them.

Symantec Endpoint Protection, Avast7, CA Total Defense, and GameGuard

#24 OFFLINE   JR_Baas

JR_Baas

AllStar

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 06:58 AM

There is a known issue and it affects avast and a few other security suites as I stated earlier and you have one of them.

Any idea if a fix is being worked on? Any ETA? I have this problem with Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit and Symantec Endpoint Protection.

#25 OFFLINE   jimbo831

jimbo831

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:50 AM

As much as Dish would like to blame this problem on other companies and their anti-virus software, and not their own terrible programming, it is simply not true. I completely removed any traces of any anti-virus scanner software from my computer, uninstalled the plugin, deleted the cache, and continued to have the problem. If Symantec was the problem, this would have fixed it.

Furthermore, I have used this plugin for over a year without any problem, prior to upgrading my Dish equipment. The DishAnywhere site and plugin worked even just two weeks ago, when streaming from my ViP 722 with a Sling adapter. The problem started immediately, however, after I upgraded to the Hopper with Sling. Nothing on my computer changed. The plugin always worked in the past, even with Symantec installed. If Dish is saying this is related to anti-virus software, they are not even close to a fix because I have done enough detailed troubleshooting to completely remove that as a possibility.

spam firewall