Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper2 - S303 Software Experiences/Bugs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,723 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

PID=08E1h	 02/04/13 22:58:37

DownloadID:0KND

Upgrading parts of new FW with filters:

S303:'AAA1'-'AKB1','S040'-'S302'

New FW:'S303'

List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN:

'1...'&'ND[ABEGJ].':   R0000000001-R4000000000

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:32 AM

S303 may have killed the MOCA on my Hopper/w sling. Had a Hopper, Hopper w/sling and 2 Joey system installed on Saturday. Everything worked perfect post install...both Hoppers bridged, both Joeys could easily switch between Hoppers. Come Tuesday morning....Joeys can't see Hopper w/sling. Tried soft resets, hard resets...nothing works.

Spent an hour last night with Advanced Tech which basically just had me try a number of different hard reset sequences to no avail. Tech visit scheduled for tomorrow morning.

If I go into Network Settings>Moca and hit reset connections...I can get the Joeys to see the receiver...but then they lose it again a few minutes later.

Software version on Hopper w/sling currently S303.

As a side note...Advanced Tech swore that bridging is not yet possible between a Hopper and Hopper w/sling. :confused: I said that the installer had them bridged just fine. Tech said installer must have used one of those "tricks of the trade" to get around the restriction. I watched the install closely....the only "trick of the trade" the installer used was to go into Network Settings>Moca>Bridging..switch to On.

Not sure everyone is on the same page yet with regards to the new Hopper/w sling.

Edited by LtMunst, 06 February 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   lparsons21

lparsons21

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,276 posts
  • LocationHerrin, IL

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:02 AM

Since I got 303 on my HWS, the bug that would cause all recording icons in a folder to disappear when you do multiple deletions back to back seems to be fixed.

Lloyd
Receiver : DirecTV Genie HR44-700, Dish Hopper w/Sling & Super Joey
HDTV : Mitsi WD-73742 73" 3D DLP
Surround: Denon AVR-2113ci 7.1 Setup

#4 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:45 PM

Since I got 303 on my HWS, the bug that would cause all recording icons in a folder to disappear when you do multiple deletions back to back seems to be fixed.

Thats being worked on.

#5 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

S303 may have killed the MOCA on my Hopper/w sling. Had a Hopper, Hopper w/sling and 2 Joey system installed on Saturday. Everything worked perfect post install...both Hoppers bridged, both Joeys could easily switch between Hoppers. Come Tuesday morning....Joeys can't see Hopper w/sling. Tried soft resets, hard resets...nothing works.

Spent an hour last night with Advanced Tech which basically just had me try a number of different hard reset sequences to no avail. Tech visit scheduled for tomorrow morning.

If I go into Network Settings>Moca and hit reset connections...I can get the Joeys to see the receiver...but then they lose it again a few minutes later.

Software version on Hopper w/sling currently S303.

As a side note...Advanced Tech swore that bridging is not yet possible between a Hopper and Hopper w/sling. :confused: I said that the installer had them bridged just fine. Tech said installer must have used one of those "tricks of the trade" to get around the restriction. I watched the install closely....the only "trick of the trade" the installer used was to go into Network Settings>Moca>Bridging..switch to On.

Not sure everyone is on the same page yet with regards to the new Hopper/w sling.

Why do you have bridging enabled on both Hoppers? Doing this can cause moca issues. You should only have bridging enabled on the Hopper that has the broadband connection. If both your Hoppers are broadband connected, you still only need to enable bridging on the one with the connection. I would try disabling bridging one one of the Hoppers and see if that helps. I currently have both my Hopper2000 and my HWS hard wired to my router and I have bridging enabled on my HWS so it can share with the Joeys and everything works great.

#6 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

Why do you have bridging enabled on both Hoppers?

That's not what I meant. Both hoppers are (were) bridged together, but the Bridging setting is only enabled at the Hopper w/sling.

#7 OFFLINE   some guy

some guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 413 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

That's not what I meant. Both hoppers are (were) bridged together, but the Bridging setting is only enabled at the Hopper w/sling.

Gotcha

#8 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 19,723 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:47 AM

Updated client SW:

PID=08E2h	 02/12/13 07:15:04
 DownloadID:55NA
 Upgrading parts of new FW with filters:
 S285:'Model_ZA_Slot_0x001_ID_1QZA.tar.gz''S237'-'S237','S303'-'S303','S050'-'S050','S060'-'S069'
 S285:'AX098_signed.tgz''S237'-'S237','S303'-'S303','S050'-'S050','S060'-'S069'
 New FW:'S285'
 List of BootStraps and BuildConfigs and SN:
'1...'&'NA[CFJ].': 	{XiP813}  R0000000001-R4000000000
'1...'&'ND[ABEGJ].': 	{XiP913}  R0000000001-R4000000000

spam firewall