Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopeless install?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   demisod

demisod

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:21 AM

I am moving into a new new house this weekend. Directv is scheduled to do an install/move on Friday. I found out today the cable company lost my service request somewhere, and they say they can't install internet until next Friday. I am planning on using VOIP for phone service. So I'll be off the grid for a week. Will Directv do an install without internet or a phone? It'd be nice not to lose television for a week.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,851 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:23 AM

You should be okay. If you want to set up your local area network (even without internet being available) the installer can complete that portion of the installation also (connecting to the LAN).

#3 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,237 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 06 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

There is nothing I hate more than doing a Movers before you move in.

Have your interior decorater on site. That, I think she wants it over there, just dosen't cut it.

How am I supposed to know how long to make the cables if your furniture isn't in place.

Please bring more than one TV.

No internet no CCK. If you have a WCCK it should be plug and play.

If I give you my phone number please call me, before calling Directv.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#4 OFFLINE   demisod

demisod

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:02 PM

Hopefully it won't be bad for the tech. The house has structured wiring. Four RG6 cables are in the attic waiting to be used if needed. It runs down to a wiring closet with cabling to the rooms with tvs. The wall jacks were placed with the tvs in mind. So hopefully, it will go smoothly. My biggest concern is a couple of tall pine trees in the general direction of the dish.

spam firewall