Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

titanium package

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

I was just seeing if there is interest to try to bring back this package. Granted it was 7500 but to have EVERY channel would be awesome.:D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Yoda-DBSguy

Yoda-DBSguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,081 posts
  • LocationA Galaxy Far, Far Away.....

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

LOL simply not going to happen.

When they were running that package, it was shortly after stopping access card pirating (2006) and they thought they could exploit the fallout from pirates withdrawling from having everything. At a breakdown of $625/mth it just simply didn't work to their advantage and it was shortly discontinued.

Truthfully the 24/7 concierge service included wasn't anything more than a glorified customer service rep answering the phone and transfering you to technical support just as with any other customer. They didn't have 24/7 truck rolls.

Just FYI, they still have their web link still active for the description albeit the subscribe link is inactive and points to an unsetup apache server link. you can view what there is here:
http://www.directv.c...nium/index.html

Edited by Yoda-DBSguy, 06 February 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#3 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

When they were running that package, it was shortly after stopping access card pirating (2006) and they thought they could exploit the fallout from pirates withdrawling from having everything. At a breakdown of $625/mth it just simply didn't work to their advantage and it was shortly discontinued.

Truthfully the 24/7 concierge service included wasn't anything more than a glorified customer service rep answering the phone and transfering you to technical support just as with any other customer. They didn't have 24/7 truck rolls.

Just FYI, they still have their web link still active for the description albeit the subscribe link is inactive and points to an unsetup apache server link. you can view what there is here:

Well if not that then how about an all everything sports where you get NFL NHL mlb soccer everything for 1 payment every year and get rid of this calling up every 3 months because a new sport starts up. I'd pay like 1000 or so for that.

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Well if not that then how about an all everything sports where you get NFL NHL mlb soccer everything for 1 payment every year and get rid of this calling up every 3 months because a new sport starts up. I'd pay like 1000 or so for that.

Can't you just call in once for pretty much each add-on sports package, and they auto-renew every season unless you interfere with the process?

#5 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Can't you just call in once for pretty much each add-on sports package, and they auto-renew every season unless you interfere with the process?

Yes I'm under auto renewal but you have to go thru hell to get the price you want. I am just thinking out loud that this might be a better and may I say easier and more welcome way to loyal customers. The reason for the titanium package was to make it easy on those that wanted it.

#6 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:35 PM

Titanium still exists. There have not been new subscriptions allowed for several years.

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

#7 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:43 PM

Titanium still exists. There have not been new subscriptions allowed for several years.

I have called about it but they say they do not have it and I can just order when things come out. Plus I found out that it was a great price because of 2 things ppv and xxx shows. It would not be worth it if you didn't watch xxx all the time.

#8 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:53 PM

I head it was to give a price for all channels + ALL PPV (with no blackouts) so that in court they will have price that each access card pirating costs them.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#9 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

They should have some thing like the rogers super sports pack.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#10 OFFLINE   coolman302003

coolman302003

2014 NBA CHAMPIONS!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationSoutheast

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:05 PM

I wonder if Titanium subscribers are permitted to have multiple HR34s active?

List of networks with HD VOD content available on DirecTV

5-LNB SlimLine w/SWM16 | HR44-700 w/AM-21N | HR24-200 | H25-100 | H25-100 | C41-500

#11 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

Yes I'm under auto renewal but you have to go thru hell to get the price you want. I am just thinking out loud that this might be a better and may I say easier and more welcome way to loyal customers. The reason for the titanium package was to make it easy on those that wanted it.

So you want to dicker over the sports package pricing, but you want titanium?:confused:

#12 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

They should have some thing like the rogers super sports pack.

I'd pay for every sports package if it came out all at once say TAX time hint hint. I can afford to pay for it now but when august comes around I do not buy NBA and NCAA packages.

#13 OFFLINE   lacubs

lacubs

Godfather

• Registered
  • 509 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:14 PM

i remember when we first sign up for direcTV i wanted this package so bad but at time we couldn't afford it

#14 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:54 AM

i remember when we first sign up for direcTV i wanted this package so bad but at time we couldn't afford it

Just being able to turn on the TV to see that you do not have 1 single channel that you can not see would be awesome. This package would be a single persons dream.

#15 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,319 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

I have called about it but they say they do not have it and I can just order when things come out. Plus I found out that it was a great price because of 2 things ppv and xxx shows. It would not be worth it if you didn't watch xxx all the time.

They also say they dont have existing grandfathered packages either but we know they do. I am on one.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#16 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 01:46 PM

I'd pay for every sports package if it came out all at once say TAX time hint hint. I can afford to pay for it now but when august comes around I do not buy NBA and NCAA packages.

Just a heads up, you can already buy NFL ST Max for next season. Would be nice if they allowed it for all sports packages.

#17 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

Just a heads up, you can already buy NFL ST Max for next season. Would be nice if they allowed it for all sports packages.

That is for next season thanks. I'll go look at it next month after I get my tax refund.
To the grandfather comment I know you tell the truth but for a person that never had this contract I can't get it.

#18 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

They also say they dont have existing grandfathered packages either but we know they do. I am on one.

Grandfather packages are for people on a specific package when it is no longer offered. If you're on the package, you get to keep it. That package can't be added to an account after it is no longer available(unless being reinstated shortly after being removed).

#19 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Grandfather packages are for people on a specific package when it is no longer offered. If you're on the package, you get to keep it. That package can't be added to an account after it is no longer available(unless being reinstated shortly after being removed).

The package was offered a few years ago for 7,500 but now it would cost probably 10,000.

#20 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

The package was offered a few years ago for 7,500 but now it would cost probably 10,000.

Probably true. I doubt they will ever offer anything like it again though, as nice as it would be.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

spam firewall