Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

titanium package

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   raj2001

raj2001

Icon/Supporter

• Registered
  • 929 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:00 AM

I wonder if Titanium subscribers are permitted to have multiple HR34s active?

They said up to 10 HD DVRs per account.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,141 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

They said up to 10 HD DVRs per account.

I don't know for a fact, but I would suspect at this point in time they would only be allowed one Genie. I am also guessing, but I think they can have more than 10 units, but they may have to pay additional per unit over ten.

#23 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:01 PM

I think this package was made for the person that had like a TV in every room and in all the bath rooms. Open up the dresser drawer and other is a tv. They did say from what I read was you was given up to 10 HD receivers.

#24 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,092 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 08 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

The package was offered a few years ago for 7,500 but now it would cost probably 10,000.

I can afford that. But, first, I'd see a psychiatrist and get my head examined... :lol:

Rich

#25 OFFLINE   joshjr

joshjr

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,378 posts
  • LocationNE Oklahoma

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Grandfather packages are for people on a specific package when it is no longer offered. If you're on the package, you get to keep it. That package can't be added to an account after it is no longer available(unless being reinstated shortly after being removed).

I know what it is. I have one. I was just clarifying that the reps five the same responses for grandfathered packages as well and we know they have them. If the Titanium Package exists I am sure it is only to subs that had it previously.
Directv & Sunday Ticket Sub Since 8/19/2008
HR24-200 Leased, HR24-200 Owned, R22-200 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR22-100 Owned, HR34-700 Leased. 5 LNB Setup W/SWM 16 Switch
Sony KDL-46HX800

#26 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:48 PM

I know what it is. I have one. I was just clarifying that the reps five the same responses for grandfathered packages as well and we know they have them. If the Titanium Package exists I am sure it is only to subs that had it previously.

I thought you were saying they could add grandfather packages. No idea why anyone would say they don't have them at all.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#27 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

I do not work on that project but what I infer it is possible. They would not let me have a HR44 and HR34 on the same account but I suppose if you are willing to pony up that kind of scratch they might make allowances. I've heard elsewhere that multiple HR34s on the same system are not congenial so I'd guess that they would have to wire up separate systems for full functionality and reliability.

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

#28 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

I can afford that. But, first, I'd see a psychiatrist and get my head examined... :lol:

Rich

I have seen the special doctor more than once. I am not addicted to my TV but when I'm home its always on.

#29 OFFLINE   DBSNewbie

DBSNewbie

Icon

• Registered
  • 807 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:22 PM

Several years ago, I had contemplated subscribing to the Titanium Package. The thought of having "access" to all the channels intrigued me. I already had the Premier Package (or whatever they had called it at the time - I think it was called Platinum or something like that) and subscribed to practically all the sports channels, along with Adult Channels. I figured that Titanium would be beneficial to me.

However, when I called (after being transferred and speaking to a couple different departments) I was quoted an introductory price of $7500 for the 1st year and $10,000 a year thereafter.

That seemed so over-priced. Even with all the channels, Sports Packages, and the PPVs that I ordered, the extra receivers, Protection Plan, etc., that I had, my monthly bill never came close to the "monthly" cost of Titanium ($625 for the first 12 months & $833 afterwards).

As someone had already mentioned, the true purpose of Titanium was to establish a dollar amount to what Satellite Service "Pirates" had stolen from DirecTV. It is so impractical to actually subscribe to it.
Slimline, WB616 (2), SWM8 (2), OTA, MRV (U)
Den: Sony KDS-60A3000 -> HR20-700; Sony KDL-40S2000 (5) -> HR20-700 (2) & HR20-100 (3)
Master Bed: Kuro PDP-5020FD -> HR34-700
Master Bath: Sony KDL-26S3000 + PSP -> HR24-200
Daughter's: Sony KDL-40W3000 -> HR20-700
Son's: Sony KDL-40W3000 -> HR24-500
Kitchen: Sharp 20" -> H24-700
Guest: Sharp 20" -> H20-100
Patio: SunbriteTV 3220 -> H25-500
Living Room: Sony 42" XBR Plasma -> HR20-100

Diagram of Setup

#30 OFFLINE   wahooq

wahooq

Icon

• Registered
  • 922 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 09:27 PM

No new subscriptions are allowed
My comments and opinions are my own and not necessarily those of DirecTV.

#31 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:03 AM

No new subscriptions are allowed

We all know that the package is no longer offered. Also just wanting to see ideas for packages that would give all the sports.

#32 OFFLINE   DBSNewbie

DBSNewbie

Icon

• Registered
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:25 AM

...Also just wanting to see ideas for packages that would give all the sports.

Is there really someone out there who would want ALL the sports?

I mean, most sports fans usually only follow a few sports and are content with the offerings they get from their regional sports network(s) or perhaps a couple out-of-market packages to follow their favorite teams.

It's very rare to see someone who is a fan of all sports, let alone have the need to subscribe to every single sports package available for additional purchase (NFL, NCAAF, NCAABB, NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS, International Soccer, Cricket, Boxing PPV, WWE PPV, UFC PPV, etc.)

I don't think there would be enough of a demand for D* to offer an "All Sports Package". It just makes more sense to pick and choose which sports packages you actually want to have.
Den: Sony KDS-60A3000 -> HR20-700; Sony KDL-40S2000 (5) -> HR20-700 (2) & HR20-100 (3)

Diagram of Setup

#33 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

Is there really someone out there who would want ALL the sports?

I mean, most sports fans usually only follow a few sports and are content with the offerings they get from their regional sports network(s) or perhaps a couple out-of-market packages to follow their favorite teams.

It's very rare to see someone who is a fan of all sports, let alone have the need to subscribe to every single sports package available for additional purchase (NFL, NCAAF, NCAABB, NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS, International Soccer, Cricket, Boxing PPV, WWE PPV, UFC PPV, etc.)

I don't think there would be enough of a demand for D* to offer an "All Sports Package". It just makes more sense to pick and choose which sports packages you actually want to have.

If you put 2 people throwing rocks at a tree is watch it. That would at least be better than the stuff on MTV bet and almost any other cable - news program. I'd love for curling to be on during the winter months.

#34 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,092 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:21 PM

I have seen the special doctor more than once. I am not addicted to my TV but when I'm home its always on.

My regular MD has a degree in psychiatry and he has agreed with other doctors that I do have an "addictive personality". I know I'm addicted to TV. And I really could afford that price (I told my wife about this and...well, use your imagination :lol:) but to what end?

Rich

#35 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,092 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:31 PM

If you put 2 people throwing rocks at a tree is watch it. That would at least be better than the stuff on MTV bet and almost any other cable - news program. I'd love for curling to be on during the winter months.

Huh. The whole sports package thing kinda baffles me. If I were to move somewhere that the Yes Network wasn't available, I'd get the baseball package just for the Yanks. I do try to watch every inning of every game and usually record each game at least 3 times on 3 different HRs, just in case. The rest of MLB, I don't really know who the players are and I don't care unless they're playing the Yanks. Same with the Giants and Jets.

Now, if I were betting on the football games, I might consider the NFL package as part of the price of doing business.

Rich

#36 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Huh. The whole sports package thing kinda baffles me. If I were to move somewhere that the Yes Network wasn't available, I'd get the baseball package just for the Yanks. I do try to watch every inning of every game and usually record each game at least 3 times on 3 different HRs, just in case. The rest of MLB, I don't really know who the players are and I don't care unless they're playing the Yanks. Same with the Giants and Jets.

Now, if I were betting on the football games, I might consider the NFL package as part of the price of doing business.

Rich

Well I live in Atlanta and am a stl cardinals and blues fan in football I'm a 49ers fan so you see that I have to get the packages. I tell my wife watching sports is much better than cheating.

#37 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,092 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:16 PM

Well I live in Atlanta and am a stl cardinals and blues fan in football I'm a 49ers fan so you see that I have to get the packages. I tell my wife watching sports is much better than cheating.

That's understandable. I'd do the same thing. Here in the NYC Metro area we get so many football games each week it's kinda hard to watch all of them. Sorry about the Super Bowl. I really thought the 49ers would win.

Rich

#38 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

That's understandable. I'd do the same thing. Here in the NYC Metro area we get so many football games each week it's kinda hard to watch all of them. Sorry about the Super Bowl. I really thought the 49ers would win.

Rich

Yes cardinals lose to giants. Blues lose to kings and 49ers lose to ravens. 1 thing this year I can say is at least we lost to the champs.
To bad we can't just pick our RSN. I'd buy fox sports Midwest.

#39 OFFLINE   DBSNewbie

DBSNewbie

Icon

• Registered
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:47 PM

Do you also follow teams that would give you the need to subscribe to NBA League Pass, (NCAA Football) Game Plan, (College Basketball) Full Court, MLS Direct Kick, (International Soccer) Fox Soccer Plus, and Cricket Ticket, as well?

I consider myself a sports fanatic and I try to follow as many teams from different sports as I can. But, with all the sports offerings already included in my D* package, I only really need to subscribe to the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL out-of-market packages. (Before Turners Sports partnered with CBS, I did also subscribe to Mega March Madness, but now all the tourney games are now included for "free")

Hard to imagine someone wanting to subscribe to all sports packages. Not even sports bars or sports books show "all" the games available for purchase.

Diagram of Setup

#40 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 06:44 AM

Do you also follow teams that would give you the need to subscribe to NBA League Pass, (NCAA Football) Game Plan, (College Basketball) Full Court, MLS Direct Kick, (International Soccer) Fox Soccer Plus, and Cricket Ticket, as well?

I consider myself a sports fanatic and I try to follow as many teams from different sports as I can. But, with all the sports offerings already included in my D* package, I only really need to subscribe to the NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL out-of-market packages. (Before Turners Sports partnered with CBS, I did also subscribe to Mega March Madness, but now all the tourney games are now included for "free")

Hard to imagine someone wanting to subscribe to all sports packages. Not even sports bars or sports books show "all" the games available for purchase.

I would get all of them but then I'd be divorced. I would like to see more overseas basketball and Japan baseball. The problem with the cricket ticket is you have to have a 2nd dish. I'd also like an all rugby station not just when they have time on fsp. With college since I get all the rsn's I do not need those yet for my teams.
I also have right now the Spanish channels for free so I can watch GOL and espnd even though I do not understand spanash I got it for the soccer and the mlb world classic.

Edited by donalddickerson2005, 10 February 2013 - 07:46 AM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...