Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Recording program a a later time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,723 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:41 PM

I have noticed lately, I believe since the last update, that I can set a Series to record at a later time of the night and it stays on that time for the next time it is due to record.

Example: I used to have White Collar scheduled in the first time slot around 9pm. Sometimes it conflicted with one of the national broadcast stations and it would show the "x" in the ball that it was not going to record.
It would find the program at the later time in the morning and record.
Now White Collar is set to record at 12am and does not show a conflict with anything.

I have done this with the program Justified also.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,137 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

I wish mine would do that. When I set an SP on other than the program's original air time the next scheduled recording goes back to the original time.
When news breaks...we fix it.

#3 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,723 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:15 PM

This might have something or nothing to do with mine working.

I originally set up the Series on the early time slot.
Then I went to the later time and pressed the record button I got the Series Symbol in the bar again.
I then went back to the earlier time and pressed the Info button,
chose Episode options and canceled that episode.
I then went back to the later time to see if it was still set. It was and has kept the later time.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,037 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:28 PM

I setup all my series for the normal timeslot, and let the series manager priority order manage conflicts. I always leave my local network series higher on the Series Manager list, and the cable channels that have multiple repeats lower, and it always records the conflicts for the encore showings at the later time, like Justified, or White Collar, etc...no need to rethink the wheel, it is designed to do just that.

spam firewall