Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Any particular AVR better than others With DirecTV HDMI ?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 OFFLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,874 posts
  • LocationWinters, CA, between Napa and Sacramento

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:17 PM

I think you missed my point. The Directv remote will control most of the name brand avr's. But the standard remotes cant actually turn on and off themselves plus 2 other device with one button press. It can control itself, a tv, and 2 other remote controlled items if it has the codeset, but the one button on/off only works for dvr and tv. You have to move the slider at the top if the remote to control the other 2 programmed components.

My Denon shuts off with the off button on the DIRECTV remote, along with the HR34 and Sammy.

I do not know if it can turn all three on, but don't want it that way any how. I often use just the TV speakers, and I am set up so the DIRECTV HDMI goes directly to the TV, with optical audio back out to the Denon.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#77 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,251 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:16 AM

My Sony equipment has "Bravia Sync". Using the DirecTV remote I can power on/off my HD DVRs, TVs, and A/V receivers. Very convenient.

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#78 OFFLINE   Steve

Steve

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 22,798 posts
  • LocationLower Westchester County, NY

Posted 28 February 2013 - 05:46 AM

My Sony equipment has "Bravia Sync". Using the DirecTV remote I can power on/off my HD DVRs, TVs, and A/V receivers. Very convenient.

Same with my Panasonic plasma and Pioneer receiver. They both apparently support some HDMI control standard, so when I power on/off the display with the DirecTV remote, the display powers on/off the AVR. The only thing it can't do is change the input on the AVR. It's on DVR 99% of the time, tho, so not a big deal.
/steve

#79 OFFLINE   mrcon0728

mrcon0728

AllStar

• Registered
  • 53 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 07:30 PM

I have had two Onkyo receivers and both had problems synching all the time. I have switched to Yamaha receivers and have never had any issues. I will never buy Onkyo products again they do not stand behind their products at all.

#80 OFFLINE   kb122

kb122

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:29 AM

I have a newer Onkyo TX-NR515 - the only issue I have is sometimes if I leave the HR34 on a premium channel when powering off, the next time I power everything up it has an HDCP issue and won't display the channel. Changing channels to a non premium channel fixes that. Otherwise, no audio dropout issues, audio format changes during programming don't cause any issues.

My previous receiver was a HK AVR-274; D* audio dropouts/changing audio formats on that would cause a 2-3 second dropout on the receiver.

#81 OFFLINE   CockerKingdom

CockerKingdom

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:02 AM

I have a Pioneer SC-35 and use logitec remotes for both my set-ups. Logitec One and Touch. Both great! The choice is yours my friend. Choose wisely! :lol:

#82 OFFLINE   MikeW

MikeW

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:21 PM

I picked up the Pioneer 1122. It's going for $359 on Amazon. Can also get a Bluetooth adapter for $99.

#83 OFFLINE   gully_foyle

gully_foyle

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,297 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:25 AM

I've had no issues with my Denon AVR3312ci.

I have had an issue with my Denon AVR991 (similar to 3311ci), but only with the HR34 which seems more touchy with HDMI. 1080p does not work to my Samsung PN50D7000 plasma through the AVR. Everything else is fine, and it works without fault through an HR21 and HR20.

Onkyos have had a history of losing Dolby synch when you mute, pause or use any REW, FF etc that mutes sound. Not a problem if you don't use Dolby Digital to the AVR. This may have been fixed, and at least part of the problem is DirecTV's.
DirecTV since 1994 // 2014Q2 Setup here

Protected By... spam firewall...And...