Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Watch Now

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   shaun-ohio

shaun-ohio

Icon

• Registered
  • 609 posts
  • Locationzanesville ohio

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

how does watch now actually work? everytime i click on a program to watch now, it will work fine, but it actually buffers and records on the playlist? i thought watch now would be to watch a program that is already recorded on the hard drive and not supposed to record to the playlist because you cant fast forward through the program because it is buffering? does anyone know really how this is supposed to work, because video on demand should be no buffering if the program is already recorded on the hard drive?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   west99999

west99999

Icon

• Registered
  • 876 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

It is not recorded on the harddrive when you click watch now it starts playing and saves to your harddrive for later playback.

#3 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

I found that Watch Now to be a bit lagging. Problem due to my network.

#4 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,256 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:19 PM

Watch Now plays from your drive if the program is already on it, does a quicker download and starts playing if it is not on your drive and needs to be downloaded.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#5 OFFLINE   toobs

toobs

Legend

• Registered
  • 335 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:25 PM

How do you know if the show is on the drive or not when you use Watch Now?

spam firewall