Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR44 Availability/Ordering

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   c073186

c073186

• Registered
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Just got off the phone with D* customer service, nice guy. Asked about the HR-44 and he informed me that it would not be available until May or June.:)

I know this is really not worth much but, I was on the phone with DirecTV yesterday saying that I wanted a Genie but wanted to wait for the new box. They said within the next month or two and it sounded like there would be the possibility of specifying the 44 model. I was surprised at that (would be more surprised if it were true... but still).

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Brubear

Brubear

Legend

• Registered
  • 151 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

I know this is really not worth much but, I was on the phone with DirecTV yesterday saying that I wanted a Genie but wanted to wait for the new box. They said within the next month or two and it sounded like there would be the possibility of specifying the 44 model. I was surprised at that (would be more surprised if it were true... but still).

I would not get my hopes up for specification that quickly. Personally, I would expect that even tenured customers are going to be paying full boat in the short term. My personal suggestion would be Solid Signal. When a customer asks me about self-sourcing equipment, I have absolutely no problem in a SS referral. Again, our resources said that units started trickling into the supply on the 7th. I have yet to hear of anyone activating one however.

my comments and opinions are my own and do not suggest endorsement by my employer

#23 OFFLINE   usnret

usnret

Icon

• Registered
  • 566 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Is the reason that a person could not get 2 Genies due fact that, if they also have a C31, things wouldn't work? Would there be a problem if a person does not have a C31, just 2 Genies or 2 of them plus a HR2x? Just wondering.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain.

#24 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,676 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:36 PM

Is the reason that a person could not get 2 Genies due fact that, if they also have a C31, things wouldn't work? Would there be a problem if a person does not have a C31, just 2 Genies or 2 of them plus a HR2x? Just wondering.

Those that have 2 Genies have reported issues between the 2 Genies regardless of a client being involved or not.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#25 OFFLINE   tigercat74

tigercat74

Mentor

• Registered
  • 49 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

Would a Genie and one HR24 work together? Right now I have 3 HR24

#26 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,676 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Would a Genie and one HR24 work together? Right now I have 3 HR24

Yup, sure would. That's what I have.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#27 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 11 February 2013 - 02:07 AM

I had to call DTV today to activate a replacement HR34 and the rep told me after a bunch of small talk that the HR44 will be offered to existing customers for a great deal... Couldn't nail down anymore details than that, but it sounded like as i said DTV treats there current customers like crap that perhaps they may be changing there stance on treating us like third world citizens. of course this could of been a complete lie, but he was a nice guy and we jammed far into an hour plus mark talking about video games, new gen hardware, tv's etc..... We shall see.

#28 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,126 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

I had to call DTV today to activate a replacement HR34 and the rep told me after a bunch of small talk that the HR44 will be offered to existing customers for a great deal... Couldn't nail down anymore details than that, but it sounded like as i said DTV treats there current customers like crap that perhaps they may be changing there stance on treating us like third world citizens. of course this could of been a complete lie, but he was a nice guy and we jammed far into an hour plus mark talking about video games, new gen hardware, tv's etc..... We shall see.

I'd be skeptical about that. But, who knows what D* is gonna do? Poor CSR was probably tired of people screaming at him... :lol:

Rich

#29 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,694 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:35 AM

but he was a nice guy and we jammed far into an hour plus mark talking about video games, new gen hardware, tv's etc..... We shall see.

I'm surprised he was able to chat for an hour, aren't all calls recorded?

#30 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,354 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 February 2013 - 11:42 AM

I'd be skeptical about that. But, who knows what D* is gonna do? Poor CSR was probably tired of people screaming at him... :lol:

Rich

We do know they are expanding the Texas PP nationwide.

#31 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,116 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:14 PM

Hi I have the HR34 and like to keep up with all the new thing. I am not using the genie home media. When the HR44 comes out can I just buy and switch out the units.At this time I have hooked up 3 HR24 and 1 HR21 and the HR34.

You can absolutely switch out the HR34 for the HR44. But you will not be able to keep to "Genies" active on your account.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#32 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,743 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 11 February 2013 - 12:48 PM

All calls MAY be recorded. A very small of those recorded are ever listened to.

Dish Network Customer from 1998-2001
DirecTV Customer since October, 2001
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#33 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

That's what I thought also, yet we kept jamming away. His words when DTV talk were cryptive, yet got the message out on how he felt. First time i have ever called DTV and had a really good conversation that was pleasant and wanted to continue. Even traded gamertags. :)

#34 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 11 February 2013 - 04:10 PM

All calls MAY be recorded. A very small of those recorded are ever listened to.

Actually Dianna that is kinda funny, as I had a situation when I was trying to get an HR34. First rep said i can get an HR34 free cause I had so many issues with previous boxes and a long time customer, when it was being setup, lost the call. Called back, that rep completely denied anyone would have said a free genie. Of course i was livid, i was already going to cancel and that why the first rep offered for free. anyways, got that straightened out when she talked to a Manager, so she began to set up the free genie and wouldn't you know it, call lost. I call back, now they say first and second rep had no right to say that and we dont do that. I said then cancel me then and basically hung up. It was now over an hour or so dealing with these calls.

I wrote an email to some high up I found on the net...Blasted a few out, didn't expect a reply...An hour later some dude claiming to be high up there said we reviewed the tapes and you were indeed told you can get a free genie. he new the details of each call, from calm, to yelling..To what they told me, to the lies they said. Basically he said heads are gonna roll. The next day, Genie instal FREE of no charge, no setup fees, nothing.

Whew, sorry for the long post, just wanted to share. But in my case at least they did record them calls and all worked out great.

#35 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,116 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

I had a really awesome CSR last month in the Idaho or Utah office. We talked football for a long time

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#36 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,353 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:56 PM

Why not call it Genie with Wifi to distinguish between the Original Genie so one can order specifically. Just like the Hopper and Hopper w/Sling.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#37 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:25 PM

Personally IMO they are basically disowning the HR34 due to an abundant amount of issues,,,,, Then naming the New the same as that name recognition is a huge brand name for them. Every has heard of the Hopper, hence the genie also.... They letting the HR34 fade into the night and hope that most wont really know why or whats going on.

#38 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,354 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:43 PM

I've had no issues with mine, but if they want to swap me out, they know my number :)

#39 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I've had no issues with mine, but if they want to swap me out, they know my number :)

I would love a swap also... Have had nothing but high blood pressure since the HR34..... Just got a replacement 2 days ago and Blood pressure is going down.

But would love to get a hold of a HR44 when it surfaces.

#40 OFFLINE   wco81

wco81

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

Maybe they stopped production of HR34 if they're coming out with HR44 so soon after?

So maybe they're waiting to deplete existing inventory of HR34 units.

spam firewall