Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Difference in price between HBO and Showtime?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 03:57 AM

Can someone tell me what the price comparison is between HBO and Showtime? I have looked everywhere online and can't find it. I am paying for HBO and getting free Max but it will end in a couple of days. I checked my account and it just says $27. That doesn't seem right. I want to keep Max and maybe go to either Showtime or Starz which is only $10, probably Showtime (they have more HD channels).
Does anyone know where i can compare premium channels on an individual basis? thanks.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,912 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:07 AM

Per DirecTV website: HBO $17.99 per month, Cinemax $12.99 per month, Showtime $12.99 per month, Starz $12.99 per month. The price is less if you combine them.

DIRECTV customer since 1995.

#3 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 04:37 AM

Thanks, but where on the website is it? So if i cancel HBO, keep Max, and get Showtime (which shows $10.00) it will be about $21.00 instead of $27.00?
Every time i go to the DirecTV website i don't see the individual prices.
Looks like i have to call to cancel HBO. Should i tell them i want to cancel HBO but add Showtime, or do i cancel HBO using the automatic teller, then go to my account online to add Showtime for $10.00?

Edited by lipcrkr, 08 February 2013 - 04:50 AM.

#4 OFFLINE   PA GIANTS FAN

PA GIANTS FAN

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts
  • LocationFrackville PA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:11 AM

http://www.directv.c...emiums/overview

That should help.

#5 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 05:30 AM

http://www.directv.c...emiums/overview

That should help.

Thanks, but that didn't help. Because i'm getting HBO and Max it says i'm already subscribed.

#6 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,912 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:26 AM

Thanks, but where on the website is it? So if i cancel HBO, keep Max, and get Showtime (which shows $10.00) it will be about $21.00 instead of $27.00?
Every time i go to the DirecTV website i don't see the individual prices.
Looks like i have to call to cancel HBO. Should i tell them i want to cancel HBO but add Showtime, or do i cancel HBO using the automatic teller, then go to my account online to add Showtime for $10.00?

Go to DirecTV's home page. Near the top of the screen you will see "Packages". Slide the cursor onto it. A menu will appear below with the "Premium Networks". Below that you will see the selections for HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz. Click on any of them to view pricing.

#7 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

Go to DirecTV's home page. Near the top of the screen you will see "Packages". Slide the cursor onto it. A menu will appear below with the "Premium Networks". Below that you will see the selections for HBO, Cinemax, Showtime, and Starz. Click on any of them to view pricing.

I have been doing that but it says already subscribed for HBO and Max. So no pricing. But anyways, i want to cancel HBO and keep Max and get Showtime for $10.00. When i call DirecTV, is there a number to call without talking Live? I want to cancel it and go online where i can click on my account which says $10.00 for Showtime.
I presume getting Max and Showtime will save me about $6 because HBO is non dis-countable at $17.99.

#8 OFFLINE   MysteryMan

MysteryMan

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 6,912 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

I have been doing that but it says already subscribed for HBO and Max. So no pricing. But anyways, i want to cancel HBO and keep Max and get Showtime for $10.00. When i call DirecTV, is there a number to call without talking Live? I want to cancel it and go online where i can click on my account which says $10.00 for Showtime.
I presume getting Max and Showtime will save me about $6 because HBO is non dis-countable at $17.99.

As long as you don't log into your account you will see pricing for Premium Networks as I described. When you log into your account it will then tell you if your already subscribed. Give DirecTV a call. When asked what you want to do say"change packages". That will get you to a CSR.

#9 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 278 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:23 AM

As long as you don't log into your account you will see pricing for Premium Networks as I described. When you log into your account it will then tell you if your already subscribed. Give DirecTV a call. When asked what you want to do say"change packages". That will get you to a CSR.

I didn't log in, but it still shows i'm logged in without the password whenever i go to the Home page of DirecTV.
I will call and hopefully get a CSR........then go online to add Showtime.
Thanks for all your help.

#10 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:03 AM

I didn't log in, but it still shows i'm logged in without the password whenever i go to the Home page of DirecTV.
I will call and hopefully get a CSR........then go online to add Showtime.
Thanks for all your help.

Click "Not You?" and it will clear your info from the website. Then you can view full pricing.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...