Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"NCIS: LA" brand new spinoff of "NCIS: Los Angeles"

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,582 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

How 'bout NCIS: Baywatch?

Or maybe CSI- Eerie (IN) ?
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:23 PM

NCIS: International might be kinda neat. Stories that show the complexities of dealing with foreign law with deployed soldiers/overseas stations type of thing.

#23 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,595 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:02 PM

How about... NTSF:SD:SUV:: (yes that last double-colon is intentional) on Adult Swim?

:)

But seriously... I know people complain about NCIS: LA... but I like it. I often like it better than NCIS actually after 10 years of NCIS... though I still like that show.

I'm not sure I can find time to watch another NCIS show, though, unless some other stuff goes off the air. It is all I can do to keep up with watching all the stuff I watch now!

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#24 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,442 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

Hrm. Not so sure about that success. I don't find NCIS: LA anywhere near as intresting as the main NCIS,

while I'm just the opposite. Never liked NCIS, but really enjoy NCIS:LA

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

#25 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,739 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:33 PM

Is there even a Navy base in LA?

#26 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,754 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:59 PM

Yes.

#27 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,414 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 08 February 2013 - 11:49 PM

Not every spinoff works, even at CBS. Remember "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior" starring Forest Whitaker and Janeane Garofalo, with Kirsten Vangsness providing the tech support. How could it miss with this description: "An elite group of profilers analyze the nation's most dangerous criminal minds in an effort to anticipate their next moves before they strike again."

And speaking of "JAG," would one have expected to see David James Elliott, John M. Jackson, and Patrick Labyorteaux essentially fall off the prime time TV series radar, much less Catherine Bell disappearing into Lifetime Network shows?

I'm skeptical, but CBS is usually good a putting together ensemble casts.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#28 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,754 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:51 AM

Yes.

Oops ... the one I was thinking of apparently closed.

Then again, based on the cases they investigate, NCIS: Los Angeles is not "base security". The original NCIS seems to investigate any crime involving a member or former member of the Navy.

BTW, here is a list of bases:
http://en.wikipedia....y_installations

I'm looking forward to NCIS: Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane based in Indiana. :lol:

As far as the real show goes ... it looks like "Granger" will be leaving LA and be part of the new show.

#29 OFFLINE   Sharkie_Fan

Sharkie_Fan

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:20 AM

As far as the real show goes ... it looks like "Granger" will be leaving LA and be part of the new show.

I read somewhere he's going to do both. I'll have to try and find it, but he just got upgraded to a series regular on NCIS:LA.
"There's a statistical theory that if you gave a million monkey's typewriters and set them to work, they'd eventually come up with the complete works of Shakespeare. Thanks to the Internet, we now know this isn't true" -Ian Hart

#30 OFFLINE   lugnutathome

lugnutathome

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,724 posts
  • LocationWoodburn, OR

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

http://articles.lati...3-then-20101003

Ahh memories. . . Seems a lot of the military holdings in the area are no more. Growing up there in the 50s and 60s there was a lot of shipyards, and naval moorages around Terminal Island and near all the airplane manufacturers.

I remember vividly as a two year old being scared out of my mind by fighter jets just airborne from Los Alamitos NAS hitting the sound barrier while still pretty close to the ground (and house).

I included the link to the bridge cause as a kid it was so cool to ride across.

Don "NCIS Cup (NASCAR Cheaters Investigative Service)" Bolton

Oops ... the one I was thinking of apparently closed.

Then again, based on the cases they investigate, NCIS: Los Angeles is not "base security". The original NCIS seems to investigate any crime involving a member or former member of the Navy.

BTW, here is a list of bases:
http://en.wikipedia....y_installations

I'm looking forward to NCIS: Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane based in Indiana. :lol:

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doing in a rustic setting like this?

#31 OFFLINE   BosFan

BosFan

Legend

• Registered
  • 182 posts
  • LocationAltoona, WI

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Tweet from NCIS star Michael Weatherly, seems it will be called NCIS: RED;
Michael Weatherly ‏@M_Weatherly
I have to say I am very excited to watch the NCIS LA spinoff "RED" Especially with @ScottGrimes Amazing cast coming together. Go RED!

Living room: Panasonic VIERA TC-P55ST30, HR23-700, Sony BDP-N460, Yamaha HTR-6140, Harmony 700
Family room: Vizio SV421XVT, HR24-500, Sony PlayStation 3, Yamaha R-7, Harmony 700
Bedroom: Vizio VA26L, HR21-200
SL-3, DECA, Whole-Home DVR, DTV since 4/09

Life isn’t like a box of chocolates…it’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your *** tomorrow.
---Author Unknown

#32 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,754 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

Here is another story on the new show:
http://www.hollywood...an-alexy-419998

They are referring to the show as NCIS: Red.

It would be possible for Granger to be on both ... and if he left NCIS:LA they would need to replace his "apparently clueless upper management" character. Perhaps they gave him too much intelligence on NCIS:LA? But as a director who drops in to keep the team "legal" he could do both.

On NCIS:LA you have the two main agents ... seasoned professionals who could get work as mercenaries, two rookies who are gaining experience, two techies who support from the home office, the brains that keeps them all in line, and the apparently clueless upper management that they all have to work around.

Somehow I suspect Red will follow that formula.

There was a hint in this past week's episode that Nell may become an agent some day. Perhaps she will get to do some more field work.

#33 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,610 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

You're a little late to the party. NCIS: LA is in it's 4th season!

Amazing. We cut that off in the first season. Got sick of hearing what's his name saying "I'm a Seal". Ever see him swim? :lol:

Rich

#34 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,610 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Was NCIS officially a JAG spinoff? or are you just saying the idea was born from JAG's success. That's more of how I thought. NCIS is the law to JAG's order. (Really miss JAG too :mad:)

Yup, NCIS is a spinoff of JAG. How NCIS:LA can be called a spinoff aside from throwing in "NCIS" in the title is beyond me.

Rich

#35 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,610 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:46 PM

beats anything Reality TV.

Truth.

Rich

#36 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,610 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:50 PM

NCIS: Filling the gap CSI:Miami left

And a huge gap it is! Closest thing to a graphic novel I've ever seen on TV. I still can't believe it got canceled. Laughed so much at it, it could have, should have, been called a comedy.

Rich

#37 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,610 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:53 PM

You can find it on Bing maps.

Rich

#38 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,610 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

Not every spinoff works, even at CBS. Remember "Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior" starring Forest Whitaker and Janeane Garofalo, with Kirsten Vangsness providing the tech support. How could it miss with this description: "An elite group of profilers analyze the nation's most dangerous criminal minds in an effort to anticipate their next moves before they strike again."

Why they had to dress up Whitaker like a biker is beyond me. He's a fine actor and really deserved better. Garofalo was just poor casting. Not that Dharma's husband on Criminal Minds (a show I really enjoy) is "choice casting".

Rich

#39 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,610 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:02 PM

You can find it on Bing maps.

Rich

Oops, must have looked before they closed it. Thinking back (not something I do well), I might have been looking for the building they worked in. I think I found that.

Rich

#40 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,754 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Yup, NCIS is a spinoff of JAG. How NCIS:LA can be called a spinoff aside from throwing in "NCIS" in the title is beyond me.

The first article in the thread explained the spin off chain quite well.

"NCIS: Red" (if the name sticks) will be a spin off of NCIS: LA with the pilot episode for Red airing as an episode of NCIS: LA.

NCIS: LA had it's characters introduced in a two hour episode of NCIS.

NCIS was introduced in a two part episode of JAG.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...