Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

"NCIS: LA" brand new spinoff of "NCIS: Los Angeles"

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,193 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

How about... NTSF:SD:SUV:: (yes that last double-colon is intentional) on Adult Swim?

:)

But seriously... I know people complain about NCIS: LA... but I like it. I often like it better than NCIS actually after 10 years of NCIS... though I still like that show.

I'm not sure I can find time to watch another NCIS show, though, unless some other stuff goes off the air. It is all I can do to keep up with watching all the stuff I watch now!

Agree with all of what you said! I can take or leave NCIS. Love LA even though I know how completely unrealistic it is. And I am also not sure I have room for more shows, although I have been able to delete a few already from my SLs.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,407 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:14 PM

Well, they just filled the last spot on the "team" with Kim Raver. So the pilot looks like this (links to each star's IMDb page):
Assuming Ferrer is going to bounce between "LA" and the new show, the top five could make an interesting ensemble cast, though it is radically different from the other two:

Posted Image

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#43 OFFLINE   yosoyellobo

yosoyellobo

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,818 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:23 PM

Darn it. It looks like CBS will be twisting my arm again and make watch another one of their shows.

#44 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,591 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

I'll give it a try... but NBC Law & Ordered me into oblivion... so I ultimately just ignored everything but Law & Order (the original)... Same with CBS and the CSI shows... I like CSI: NY... but ignore CSI and CSI: Miami.

Too much of a good thing is really too much.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#45 OFFLINE   mreposter

mreposter

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

I keep thinking CBS is making the same mistake NBC did with endless spinoffs of Law and Order, and yet every time CBS cranks out one of these it's a big hit.
.......... There are none so blind as those who can not see it in HD.
.......... Directv customer since January 2000.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...