Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sports Channels/Networks not offered by DirecTV

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   joshadam84

joshadam84

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:22 PM

I was bored and decided to see which sports channel haven't been added to DirecTV as of yet. Here's a list of what I could come up with after viewing other providers list of channels. Feel free to mention any others. I also made a note of the channel's website, what the channel is about (either from their own website or wiki),and also some of the providers that carry the channel. The list is in no particular order.

Racetrack Television Network (www.rtn.tv)
• Live Simulcast Feeds (Full Cards, Unedited, Uninterrupted)
• Exact Same Simulcast Feeds As In Racetracks And Simulcast Outlets
• Every Race From Every Simulcast Every Day
• Every North American and Select International Track Simulcasts Available (Largest Simulcast Menu Anywhere- Commercial Or Residential)
• Coverage Includes Thoroughbred, Harness, Quarter Horse, Greyhound Racing, Jai- Alai Games, Major Horse Sales, Special Industry Events, Racing Related Programming
• Up To 80 Simultaneous Channels (Varies Due To Track Racing Schedules)
• Can Be Installed In Homes, Offices, Training Centers, Stables Areas, Horse Farms, Sports Bars, and Restaurants (Pricing Varies For Commercial Locations)
• A Must Have For Bettors, Breeders, Owners, Trainers, Jockeys, and Industry Employees
• Available Only On DISH Network (DISH Subscription Policies Apply)(Ask For RTN When Ordering) (all from website)

HRTV (http://www.hrtv.com/)
• HRTV, The Network for Horse Sports, is a television-based multimedia network dedicated to serving the news, information and entertainment needs of one of the world’s largest but most underserved audiences, horse fans. (from website)

• Available on Dish, AT&T, Verizon, Comcast, Cox

Pac 12 Network (http://pac-12.com/)
• The Pac-12 Networks is a full-time linear network available to cable, satellite and telephone companies, dedicated solely to the Pac-12. It will consist of a national network and six regional feeds that will provide 24/7 access to Pac-12 teams and universities. The networks will televise more than 800 live sporting events annually and will showcase 12 Conference Championship events each year (from website)

• Available on Dish, TWC, Cox, Comcast, etc..

World Fishing Network (http://www.worldfish...ork.com/tv.aspx)
• World Fishing Network is a multi-platform brand that shares in every angler’s passion and adventure for fishing. As the leading entertainment destination and digital resource for anglers throughout North America, we distribute diverse, engaging content to fishing and outdoor lifestyle enthusiasts. (from website)

• Available on AT&T, Comcast, Dish, Verizon

One World Sports (www.oneworldsports.com)
• ONE World Sports is the first English language multi-screen, multi-platform network in the United States with a focus on sports from the Asian region. ONE World Sports has exclusive live and same-day coverage of international sporting events including top Asian soccer such as the Champions League, Asian Cup, Japan's J-League and the Chinese Super League. (from website

• Available on Dish

Fight Now TV (http://www.fightnow.com/)
• America’s first 24 hour television channel dedicated to giving viewers
a front row seat, seven days a week to experience the very best in boxing,
wrestling/grappling, mixed martial arts, and other combatant styles along
with top-notch “fight theme” movies, documentaries, and wrap around news
coverage making Fight Now! TV™ the Undisputed TV destination for fight fans! (from website)

• Available on TWC, Cablevision

CSN NW (http://www.csnnw.com/)
• Comcast SportsNet Northwest (CSN Northwest) is a regional sports network that covers local sports teams throughout the Northwestern United States, particularly Oregon and operates as a member of the NBC Sports Group. The Portland Trail Blazers and Oregon Ducks are the main attractions, but the channel also covers other northwestern U.S. sports including college and high school teams. (wiki)

• Available on Comcast

CSN Philadelphia (http://www.csnphilly.com/)
• CSN Philadelphia was the first Comcast SportsNet channel. It is the cable home of the NBA's Philadelphia 76ers, NHL's Philadelphia Flyers, MLB's Philadelphia Phillies, and MLS's Philadelphia Union. The network also covers local college sports games, including the Philadelphia Big Five, the Atlantic 10, and the Colonial Athletic Association. (wiki)

• Available on Comcast, Verizon

Cox Sports Television (http://coxsportstv.com)
• Cox Sports Television, the exclusive regional sports network home of the NFL's New Orleans Saints and national college power LSU Tigers, is an innovative 24-hour local sports network that delivers exclusive programming, including both professional and collegiate sporting events and is available to over 2 million viewers in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Virginia and Missouri. CST televises over 300 events per year. Cox Sports Television is available to pay television distributors throughout its coverage area and is a part of Cox Communications Louisiana, LLC, one of the largest telecommunications companies in the State of Louisiana. CST is available on Galaxy 23, transponder 1. (from website)

• Available on Dish, Cox, Comcast, Charter

CSN Houston (http://www.csnhousto...ant-csn-houston)
• Comcast SportsNet Houston, a new regional sports network launching Oct. 1, 2012, will be the leading destination for Houston and the surrounding-area sports fans to get exclusive regional coverage of the Astros and Rockets, extensive pre and post-game coverage, team and player programming, major collegiate and high school programming as well as the latest news and analysis of the teams and events that matter most 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is a partnership between the Astros, Rockets, and NBC Sports Group. (from website)

• Available on Comcast

Longhorn Network (http://espn.go.com/longhornnetwork/)
• Coverage of all 20 UT Sports including at least one exclusive football game, men's and women's basketball games (some that won't be provided elsewhere), women's volleyball, baseball, softball and other UT Olympic sports coverage. Additional coverage includes pregame and postgame shows for football and basketball games, coaches' shows,, UT news, coverage of lectures and visiting speakers along with commencement ceremonies and other daily programming. (website)

• Available on AT&T, Verizon

CSS (http://www.csssports.com/)
• CSS is a 24-hour sports channel carrying a full slate of college sports programming and can only be found on cable. With over 40 live football games including the SEC, Sun Belt, Conference USA, and Gulf South Conferences, the channel offers a comprehensive sports lineup throughout the year. The channel also offers more than 140 men's and women's live college basketball games and over 60 live baseball games, as well as a comprehensive mix of sports news and in-depth sports analysis geared toward fans in the south. (from website)

• Available on Comcast, Charter

Fox College Sports (Atlantic, Central, Pacific) (http://msn.foxsports.com/fcs)
• Fox College Sports: FCS is a set of 3 national college sports Networks, FCS Atlantic, FCS Central and FCS Pacific, providing 72-hours of college sports programming each day. FCS features over 600 NCAA live events each year including programming from premiere conferences such as the PAC-12, Big 12, ACC & SEC, including a variety of football, men’s and women’s basketball, baseball, softball, volleyball, lacrosse, ice hockey, wrestling and more. FCS is home to the Paradise Jam Men’s Basketball Tournament, exclusive Big 12, PAC-12 & Ivy League football, Western Kentucky & Oral Roberts Basketball, and the MCLA lacrosse championships. FCS also offers over 150 coach and magazine shows from across the country. (website)

• Available on Comcast, TWC, Charter, Cox

Neoprime (http://www.neosports...rica/index.aspx)
• NEO Prime (formally called NEO Cricket) is a channel dedicated to sports entertainment. Launched as NEO Cricket on April 2, 2008 this channel was dedicated to cricket. It is a part of Nimbus Communications Limited and is headquartered in Mumbai, India and broadcasts to 30 countries. Nimbus has the exclusive broadcast rights for all International cricket played in Bangladesh and New Zealand. This channel also broadcast Asia Cup cricket. In 2008 NEO Cricket did broadcast a minimum of 6 International cricket series including 4 featuring India, adding up to nearly 200 days of live cricket. (wiki)

• Available on Dish, Comcast (some areas), TWC (some areas)

Edited by joshadam84, 23 April 2013 - 07:05 PM.
removed MidCo Sports Network

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,266 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

A note on Fox Sports Atlantic, etc.

The programming is available via RSNs that can be subscribed in the sports pack. Those channels are samplings for cable systems that don't have space for dozens of RSNs.

Otherwise, a nice list.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#3 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,801 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 09 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

The programming is available via RSNs that can be subscribed in the sports pack. Those channels are samplings for cable systems that don't have space for dozens of RSNs.

And whatever games are exclusive to Fox College Sports are available on 623, 626 or 608. Outside of the exclusive games it's just repeat content from FSN stations in those regions.

Although, if you're going to include MidCo sports, you'd have to include the countless cablecast local sports stations where the few pro games they have are just there because they're also the designated RSN overflow channel on that cable system. i.e. Brighthouse Sports, MSG Varsity, Blue Ridge 13, FiOS 1, as well as the multiple Cox, Charter, Comcast and TWC Sports channels across the country where nearly every system has their own customized channel.

Edited by KyL416, 09 February 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#4 OFFLINE   joshadam84

joshadam84

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:23 PM

And whatever games are exclusive to Fox College Sports are available on 623, 626 or 608. Outside of the exclusive games it's just repeat content from FSN stations in those regions.

Although, if you're going to include MidCo sports, you'd have to include the countless cablecast local sports stations where the few pro games they have are just there because they're also the designated RSN overflow channel on that cable system. i.e. Brighthouse Sports, MSG Varsity, Blue Ridge 13, FiOS 1, as well as the multiple Cox, Charter, Comcast and TWC Sports channels across the country where nearly every system has their own customized channel.

Are those available throughout a region or just a state? Also, only one one provider or multiple? I was aware of MidCo because they carried the Summit League conference tournament last year so it made me look them up. The channel is available in about a four to five state region and it does offer other smaller cable providers access to the channel. A lot of times the provider makes the channel exclusive to it (like BHSN). If they are offered elsewhere, I can remove MidCo from the list because it would be a little overboard.

**Just noticed even on their own website it states it is exclusive; however, in another part of the website it says, "Midco Sports Network is excited to partner with your cable provider to give you access to live event action in your area. Not all live games will be aired. " The channel is in the channel lineup on some of the mentioned providers it's partnered with too. Nice how they contradict themselves! I'll take that one out.

Edited by joshadam84, 09 February 2013 - 03:36 PM.
discrepancy

#5 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:30 PM

Next thing they will say is well you don't get the elementary school gamers like there local ones do. Fox sports has every one of these games and for that horse raising network we have TVG on 602 our sports are every station from 600 to 785-1 and then a few in the lowers numbers with ESPN and NHL NBA NFL MLB networks.

#6 OFFLINE   joshadam84

joshadam84

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Otherwise, a nice list.

Good point. I was looking at a list of games that would be on any of the three FCS channels and found it broadcasted on one of the other FSN Regional channels.

I think the only thing different on it is the local school programming it provides: (from FCS Central) ORU Sports Report, UND Sports Extra, Mean Green Insider..

#7 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,266 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:33 PM

Good point. I was looking at a list of games that would be on any of the three FCS channels and found it broadcasted on one of the other FSN Regional channels.

I think the only thing different on it is the local school programming it provides: (from FCS Central) ORU Sports Report, UND Sports Extra, Mean Green Insider..

Pretty sure those shows are available elsewhere.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV

#8 OFFLINE   JoeTheDragon

JoeTheDragon

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,146 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:45 PM

Racetrack Television Network is stand alone.
I want CLTV / CLTV HD on direct tv.

#9 OFFLINE   n3ntj

n3ntj

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,693 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

The vast majority of those sports channels I would never watch, but would like CSN Philly as it would be my RSN. Any update on negotiations b/w D* and Comcrap? Why is it taking so long if the loophole was closed a few years ago? Why won't D* petition the FCC to get involved in the process for carriage of CSN Philly?
HD Snob - "Friends Don't Let Friends Watch Cable".
Electrical/RF Engineer & Inspector
DirecTV Equipment: HR24-200, HR24-100, 5LNB Slimline, AM21, SWiM 8 installed (MRV)
HR-2x Configuration: Native OFF. Units OFF when not in use.
TVs: 2 Panasonic Plasma TV's each using HDMI (one 1080p/one 720p)
DirecTV customer since 1998. Plus HD DVR package w/ NHL Center Ice & MLB Extra Innings.
OTA Antenna: Homebrew UHF & VHF antennas w/ 30dB amplifier fed w/ RG-6 Quad-shield coax.

#10 OFFLINE   JimAtTheRez

JimAtTheRez

Legend

• Registered
  • 224 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:29 PM

CSS (although I doubt Comcast will ever let that happen) and CST get votes from me.

“The problem with quotes from the internet is that you cannot always verify the authenticity.”

---------Abraham Lincoln

#11 OFFLINE   sum_random_dork

sum_random_dork

Icon

• Registered
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Now if as Multichannel has reported the $3 RSN charge may be expanding I would sure hope that DirecTV is planning to add the missing RSNs (the CSN's and Pac 12 Networks). If they plan to add this surcharge on for any area where more than one RSN is already featured and an agreement is already in place I think we'll see many people having an issue with the surcharge.

If they can come to an agreement and carry Pac12 Net then I wouldn't be *that* upset with the added charge because I could see a benefit to it.

#12 OFFLINE   6tv's

6tv's

Mentor

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

I myself am mystified that DirecTV still does not carry HRTV. I would include MavTV and Blackbelt TV, if they still exist, to this list.

#13 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,047 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:19 AM

Next thing they will say is well you don't get the elementary school gamers like there local ones do. Fox sports has every one of these games and for that horse raising network we have TVG on 602 our sports are every station from 600 to 785-1 and then a few in the lowers numbers with ESPN and NHL NBA NFL MLB networks.

But TVG does not carry any of the races from any of the tracks owned by Churchill Downs, Inc - Arlington Park (Chicago, IL), Calder Race Course (Miami Gardens, FL), Churchill Downs (Louisville, KY), Fair Grounds Race Course ( New Orleans, LA). Having TVG is like having a college basketball network that did not carry any ACC games or a college football network that did not carry any SEC games. Yes, they have horse rasing, but the best tracks are excluded.

#14 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:26 AM

This is not always true.

For example, tomorrow alone there are four games available on the FCS channels but not on any other RSN:

3:00 PM Northern Arizona - North Dakota, FCS Centeral
5:00 PM Western Illinois - South Dakota State, FCS Pacific
7:15 PM Oakland - UMKC, FCS Pacific
8:30 PM Texas A&M Corpus Christi - Oral Roberts, FCS Central

Sandra

#15 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm a sports junkie...not into boxing or fishing, but I would definitely watch a LOT of these networks if they were on DirecTV.

Sandra

#16 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,833 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:39 AM

This is not always true.

For example, tomorrow alone there are four games available on the FCS channels but not on any other RSN:

3:00 PM Northern Arizona - North Dakota, FCS Centeral
5:00 PM Western Illinois - South Dakota State, FCS Pacific
7:15 PM Oakland - UMKC, FCS Pacific
8:30 PM Texas A&M Corpus Christi - Oral Roberts, FCS Central

Sandra

Channel 626... 3:00 PM Northern Arizona - North Dakota
Channel 623... 5:00 PM Western Illinois - South Dakota State
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#17 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 08:55 AM

Channel 626... 3:00 PM Northern Arizona - North Dakota
Channel 623... 5:00 PM Western Illinois - South Dakota State

Exactly...those are FCS channels.

Tony's point that was not true was that games on FCS are also available on other RSN's. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. For the four games I mentioned tomorrow, they are not.

Sandra

#18 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,266 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:02 AM

Exactly...those are FCS channels.

Tony's point that was not true was that games on FCS are also available on other RSN's. Sometimes they are, sometimes they are not. For the four games I mentioned tomorrow, they are not.

Sandra

I was lumping the alternate feeds of FCS as part of the RSNs since you get them with the sports package. You are being too literal. Who cares if it is an RSN specifically or a channel you get it with the same package you buy RSNs?

Gotta take it in context. It was in the addition of the full time FCS channels. Which is not going to happen.

#19 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

I was lumping the alternate feeds of FCS as part of the RSNs since you get them with the sports package. You are being too literal. Who cares if it is an RSN specifically or a channel you get it with the same package you buy RSNs?

Gotta take it in context. It was in the addition of the full time FCS channels. Which is not going to happen.

My only point is that games on the FCS channels are not always available on RSN's, which is what you stated.

Sandra

#20 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,266 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:21 AM

My only point is that games on the FCS channels are not always available on RSN's, which is what you stated.

Sandra

Fine. Be literal. ;)

spam firewall