Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sports Channels/Networks not offered by DirecTV

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:27 PM

Every other cable or dish knows that DirecTV is the only place too go if you love sports.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:12 AM

Every other cable or dish knows that DirecTV is the only place too go if you love sports.

...unless you love the Pac-12 the most...or you live in Philadelphia!

Sandra

#23 OFFLINE   pdxBeav

pdxBeav

Godfather

• Registered
  • 419 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:25 AM

Sandra

Or live in Portland. ;)

I think most would agree that the only reason some consider DirecTV the "go to" provider for sports is because of Sunday Ticket.

#24 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

Sandra

With this PAC 12 thing all of the games are on my fsn networks and most are on CBS ABC fox or ESPN. I have never had a game outside of soccer that I could not get. I'm sure there are d-3 games that I can't see but ya lol.

#25 OFFLINE   GlennDio

GlennDio

Icon

• Registered
  • 585 posts
  • LocationTampa, FL

Posted 21 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Or live in Portland. ;)

I think most would agree that the only reason some consider DirecTV the "go to" provider for sports is because of Sunday Ticket.

no I think its more than that ... Sunday Ticket is Point 1 for sure but the quantity of available RSN's is probably 5 fold and each and every one of the sports packages has the capability to show more than 9 HD feeds simultaneously and access to HD in every one of the RSN cases (remember we get CSN Philly feeds in the big three sports packages (NHL, MLB, NBA) plus the quality of the HD is not beaten by anyone and only tied by Fios.

#26 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,766 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

Sandra

Or live in Portland. ;)

Or Houston.

#27 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,130 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

If you are an SEC fan and live in Raleigh DirecTV is the best option, but regardless of who the provider is, WRAL pre-empts the national CBS broadcast of the SEC games to show regional broadcasts of ACC games. Often times, the ACC game could have been seen on ESPN, but because WRAL is showing a regional broadcast of the game, the ACC game is blacked out on ESPN, so regardless of provider, ESPN is dark and the SEC game is not shown.

The only way to get the SEC Network games is with the out-of-market sports pack on DirecTV. With DirecTV I can get every SEC game that is broadcast except for the CBS national game. No other provider offers that many SEC games in my DMA.

#28 OFFLINE   jeffgbailey

jeffgbailey

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:55 PM

Racetrack Television Network (www.rtn.tv)
<snip>
• Available Only On DISH Network (DISH Subscription Policies Apply)(Ask For RTN When Ordering) (all from website)

RTN use to use old dish equipment when it was a stand alone item on 95W KU Band. They used a 2800 at the time

Dish bought the rights to RTN...so the ONLY way to get RTN is through Dish. Its not available on Directv or cable....

#29 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

With this PAC 12 thing all of the games are on my fsn networks and most are on CBS ABC fox or ESPN. I have never had a game outside of soccer that I could not get. I'm sure there are d-3 games that I can't see but ya lol.

Your post is very misleading, not to mention confusing.

The Pac-12 is D-1 in all sports, so I have no idea why you mentioned d-3 games...and all games that are on Pac-12 Network are exclusive to the Pac-12 Network, so you cannot see them on CBS, ABC, Fox, ESPN or any FSN regional network.

Sandra

Edited by Sandra, 22 February 2013 - 09:53 AM.

#30 OFFLINE   Sancho Panza

Sancho Panza

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

CSS (College Sports Southeast) is why I have Comcast HD

#31 ONLINE   Laxguy

Laxguy

Fortuna! Fameux des Halles

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,711 posts
  • LocationWinters, California

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:03 AM

Your post is very misleading, not to mention confusing.

The Pac-12 is D-1 in all sports, so I have no idea why you mentioned d-3 games...and all games that are on Pac-12 Network are exclusive to the Pac-12 Network, so you cannot see them on CBS, ABC, Fox, ESPN or any FSN regional network.

And the games that are on the networks are not available on the Pac-12 Network. Fine for most everyone but those alums and undergrads who want to see every game their school take part in.
"Laxguy" means a guy who loves lacrosse.

#32 OFFLINE   chillyfl

chillyfl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

And the games that are on the networks are not available on the Pac-12 Network. Fine for most everyone but those alums and undergrads who want to see every game their school take part in.

You make it sound like the games on the PAC-12 network have no interest to the casual fan. But the end of February, beginning of March is when the casual fan starts to engage with basketball. There are quite a few key bubble games down the stretch on the P12N, and I think having most of the PAC-12 men's and women's basketball tournament games on the PAC-12 network is going to frustrate quite a few people who have DirecTV.

#33 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,130 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:23 PM

You make it sound like the games on the PAC-12 network have no interest to the casual fan. But the end of February, beginning of March is when the casual fan starts to engage with basketball. There are quite a few key bubble games down the stretch on the P12N, and I think having most of the PAC-12 men's and women's basketball tournament games on the PAC-12 network is going to frustrate quite a few people who have DirecTV.

The PAC 12 has been irrelevant in men's basketball since 2001, and other than Sanford, they have not been relevant in women's basketball since 1984.

#34 OFFLINE   chillyfl

chillyfl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

The PAC 12 has been irrelevant in men's basketball since 2001, and other than Sanford, they have not been relevant in women's basketball since 1984.

That was very inciteful. Of course relevance this time of year is as much about who is on the bubble as it is who is likely to make it to the final four. Since we are talking about TV, I watched BYU and St. Mary's last night for no other reason that because it was two bubble teams playing each other.

#35 OFFLINE   fleckrj

fleckrj

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,130 posts
  • LocationCary, NC

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:09 PM

That was very inciteful. Of course relevance this time of year is as much about who is on the bubble as it is who is likely to make it to the final four. Since we are talking about TV, I watched BYU and St. Mary's last night for no other reason that because it was two bubble teams playing each other.

And you did not need the Pac 12 network to see that game.

#36 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

OK please let me know what games are on today that I can not get.
Hr34-700 living room
C31-700 bedroom
H23-600 family room

#37 OFFLINE   chillyfl

chillyfl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:07 PM

And you did not need the Pac 12 network to see that game.

No but upcoming games on P12N like Stanford @ Oregon or Arizona State @ UCLA are similar in shaping up who does and doesn't make the tournament. My point was, if I as a basketball fan, watch a game involving two teams I don't care an iota about (BYU and St. Marys) because of their impact on teams on the bubble, the same goes for many games on the P12N. Especially when you consider how many teams in the P12 are on or near the bubble this year (Oregon, UCLA, Colorado, California, Arizona State, and Stanford). Obviously most of the P12 conference tournament will shape up those bubble races as well, and only 3 games on the men's side aren't on the P12N.

#38 OFFLINE   chillyfl

chillyfl

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 68 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:12 PM

OK please let me know what games are on today that I can not get.

No P12 games today.
DIRECTV won't get tomorrow's Cal @ OSU and Stanford and UO. Three of those teams are fighting for spots in the tournament.

#39 OFFLINE   Sandra

Sandra

Legend

• Registered
  • 288 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

Irrelevant? You just lost any opportunity for anyone to take you seriousl going forward.... :rolleyes:

Sandra

#40 ONLINE   David Ortiz

David Ortiz

There for Jeter's flip play

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,113 posts
  • LocationFresno, CA

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:17 PM

I'm not a Washington State fan, but if I were, I'd be upset or switching. They have 24 men's basketball games on the Pac-12 Networks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...