Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dtv android app

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,629 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:25 PM

[ATTACH]31297[/ATTACH]

Now that looks scary :lol:

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   ohioviper

ohioviper

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:36 AM

What I was meaning was I would like the android app to offer all the same function as the Ipad app. Quick tune channel select from guide ect .I love the way the app works on the ipad but I despise Apple so I refuse to buy an Ipad when the Android can do it .Directv just needs to bring their Android app to the same level with all functions as they have for the ipad.Im wanting to buy an Android tablet and would love to have a Directv app that offers all the same form and function as the one they have for Apple.

#23 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:37 AM

I see what you mean. Very nice features that app version does have. Don't hold your breath, some companies believe the only smart phones and tablets that people own are Apple products. Thankfully many companies don't suffer from that tunnel vision, unfortunately Directv does.
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#24 OFFLINE   xmguy

xmguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:05 PM

The DirecTV Android app went from 11MB to almost 20 Megabytes! And you can't move it to your SD card either. Plus, most of the streaming video didn't work on my phone so I dumped it.

Instead, I happened to discover an old mobile URL that still allows me to set my DVR's using my phone's internal browser. It's such an old link it recommends you download the NEW BLACKBERRY APP!! :D

But it still works!! In fact, I used it earlier today to set my R22 to record "COPS" since I was too lazy to walk in the other room and turn on the TV. ;)

I would like to use this page for my mother to set our many DVRS simply via PC. I used to have the text based scheduler but lost it. Would you mind either PMing me the link or posting it here? Thanks
DirecTV Subscriber Since 3/24/2008 || HR44-500 - SWiM and DECA to Vizio 32" LCD 1080P HDTV (SV320XVT) via HDMI | MY SETUP IN DETAIL UPDATED 3/21/2012 (Q1 2013 | I'm On FACEBOOK! "Originally Posted by xmguy : OK. I need directions. (to Sixto's house) Lol ;) | Originally Posted by Sea bass : Head down to 99c, skip over to 103ca, next over to 103cb and you have arrived.:)":hurah:

#25 OFFLINE   Dazed & Confused

Dazed & Confused

Godfather

• Registered
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:17 PM

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the techies, what exactly is the reason for wanting to change channels with your phone instead of using the perfectly good remote that was provided?

I'll admit I have used the Directv app on my Droid to schedule a few DVR events that I either forgot to do, or learned about while I was away. I am just curious as to what the compelling reason is to make your phone the remote. Wouldn't it take longer to go up the wireless pipe to Directv, and back to your Receiver, rather than the few feet a direct IR/RF signal would?

#26 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:06 PM

At the risk of incurring the wrath of the techies, what exactly is the reason for wanting to change channels with your phone instead of using the perfectly good remote that was provided?

Mostly to mess with my kids. ;)

I use it occasionally when the remote is not nearby. The first floor of my house is very open, so I can see the TV from all of it. The remote doesn't always follow.me around.

#27 OFFLINE   ohioviper

ohioviper

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:41 PM

I'll admit I have used the Directv app on my Droid to schedule a few DVR events that I either forgot to do, or learned about while I was away. I am just curious as to what the compelling reason is to make your phone the remote. Wouldn't it take longer to go up the wireless pipe to Directv, and back to your Receiver, rather than the few feet a direct IR/RF signal would?

Well imagine setting there in your big easy chair and you can pick up your tablet and scroll through the channel guide and see what is on in a flash and when you find something you want to watch touch it and bam the channel changes.You dont have to waite on the stupid dtv guide on the tv to slowly scroll though page after page to find what your looking for and then wait for the channel to change it is almost instant with the ipad app.

#28 OFFLINE   ohioviper

ohioviper

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 73 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:43 PM

I thin he is referring to this one .

http://waltzremote.com/

#29 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:14 AM

I thin he is referring to this one .

http://waltzremote.com/

That is a website. Most posts have been about self contained apps. The main complaint is about the "Official" Directv app for Android not having the same features that the Apple app version has.

#30 OFFLINE   RACJ2

RACJ2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,852 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:34 AM

If you use your DIRECTV remote/DVR in IR mode and have IR interference or slow response, it helps eliminates those issues. Since I have a Slingbox that I use with one of my DVR's, I have to keep the DVR in IR mode. That was for anyone that was going to respond with, then change them to RF mode.

Also, it eliminates the double up of key stokes that I have with my other DVR. I don't actually use it a lot, but it does help when the issues I mentioned start happening.
HR34-700, HR22-100

#31 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 08:17 AM

Them you might want to un-re install. I don't get how there would be such a great difference in size due to phone type.

I picked up a RAZR MAXX HD yesterday and the DIRECTV app on that is 20MB as well. :shrug:

#32 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Registered
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

I picked up a RAZR MAXX HD yesterday and the DIRECTV app on that is 20MB as well. :shrug:

Friday night I bought the NoteII, and restored all my apps with TB. On reading the above post I I decided to try a experiment. I deleted the Directv app, rebooted the phone, went into Play Store to reinstall the app. In the store the app size is 7.9MB. After installing I checked the phone, well sure enough the size is now 21MB. So I am going to guess that my SGII was not reporting the size correctly.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...