Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

WOW, talked to CSR from HECK!!

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   lipcrkr

lipcrkr

Legend

• Registered
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 04:51 PM

Last night i added Showtime to HBO/Max knowing that this morning my plan was to delete HBO (apparently deleting HBO is a terrorism threat), and keep Max along with Showtime which i did last night. I called a lady (which shall remain nameless, to simply delete HBO. I told her i wanted to keep Showtime/Max and i expected her to say thank you and i'd be on my way.
But she kept insisting it would be cheaper to keep all three (at 39.00). I told her NO, i don't want to keep HBO. Then she chastises me for wanting to pay MORE for something less. For 15 minutes i kept saying NO, NO, then she says "well, OK, i never knew anyone who wants to do that but it is YOUR money".
My god, i thought TWC was bad but she takes the cake.
Bottom line, Instead of paying $39.00 for all three, or $27.00 for HBO/Max, i'm paying $24 for Max/Showtime which is what i knew ahead of time. I NEVER wanted HBO, much higher the Showtime/Max and MORE HI DEF. I won't explain what else she said, but it was insulting.
Someone asked before what changes we'ed like to see with DIRECTV, well, how about the ability to change Premiums online?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,398 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 09 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

IMO I think is better over the phone because then they can see if you're eligible for discounts or a special promotion for certain premium channels or sports pack channels. But yes it would be a good alternative to cancel online if all you want to do is cancel without negotiating.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#3 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

IMO I think is better over the phone because then they can see if you're eligible for discounts or a special promotion for certain premium channels or sports pack channels. But yes it would be a good alternative to cancel online if all you want to do is cancel without negotiating.

I'm with you if all you want to do is cancel go on and do it online if you could. But I for one love talking to retention so I can get a better offer such as half off sports packages.

#4 OFFLINE   r028806

r028806

Mentor

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

She may have not done a good job of explaining why it was cheaper to keep all 3. If you added HBO/Max on a special offer, you lost that discount and may have incurred a $10 cancellation fee if you dropped HBO within 30 days of adding it. Customers will never be able to change premiuns for these reasons there is way too much to it other than just adding/ dropping etc. Partial moth charges and credits have to be disclosed by a rep. :grin: Too many customers will shoot themselves in the foot by adding/ changing without assistance.
Slimline 5 SWM
Whole Home Enabled
Cinema Connection Kit (Coax)
HR24-500 :hurah:
HR23-100 :grin:
R22-100 :lol:
H25-500:hurah:

#5 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 567 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

Any rules and notifications that a CSR can explain can be explained by an automated online app. An online app could even be rude :lol:

Restricting actions to CSRs is nothing but old-school B.S.

#6 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:06 PM

There are so many kooky restrictions and "gotcha"s I would never change ANY part of my service using the web site. I'd rather have a fight with a CSR :D

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#7 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:13 PM

they play games with HBO and Cinemax . . like giving max away for free with Hbo ..

I bet she knew what she was talking about

#8 OFFLINE   bjdotson

bjdotson

Legend

• Registered
  • 267 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

they play games with HBO and Cinemax . . like giving max away for free with Hbo ..

I bet she knew what she was talking about

Doesn't matter; even if She was offering HBO free and he turned it down it is not her place to judge and it is certainly not her place to be rude. I would have taken down her name and the time of the call and send an emal to ellen filipak. They say, "this call recorded for quality control purposes" or words to that effect. This is why.

#9 OFFLINE   heidic

heidic

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

If you made a change to your premium package then made another change the next day, you probably incurred a $10 penalty. Any change to the premium package resets the 30-day clock; it's not tied to the channels individually. That may have been what the CSR was trying to tell you.

#10 OFFLINE   mitchflorida

mitchflorida

Godfather

• Registered
  • 423 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:33 AM

First of all, I doubt that she spent 15 minutes arguing with him, probably more like five minutes. In the end , who cares? I certainly wouldn't post a thread about it.

#11 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 09:15 AM

First of all, I doubt that she spent 15 minutes arguing with him, probably more like five minutes. In the end , who cares? I certainly wouldn't post a thread about it.

Maybe he wanted to vent a little. Regardless of the situation, rude behavior is never warranted (by either party), but especially the CSR. If you encounter someone rude again, I would defeintly request to speak with their supervisor.

#12 OFFLINE   Rich

Rich

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,217 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:37 AM

Maybe he wanted to vent a little. Regardless of the situation, rude behavior is never warranted (by either party), but especially the CSR. If you encounter someone rude again, I would defeintly request to speak with their supervisor.

Going to the supervisor rarely works. I also kinda doubt if they listen to many recorded conversations. I've encountered a lot of rude CSRs and I go out of my way to be polite.

Rich

#13 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

Going to the supervisor rarely works. I also kinda doubt if they listen to many recorded conversations. I've encountered a lot of rude CSRs and I go out of my way to be polite.

Rich

All I do is hang up and call back but to retention and they are always more than happy to help me out.

#14 OFFLINE   goinsleeper

goinsleeper

Godfather

• Registered
  • 673 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:41 PM

Last night i added Showtime to HBO/Max knowing that this morning my plan was to delete HBO (apparently deleting HBO is a terrorism threat), and keep Max along with Showtime which i did last night. I called a lady (which shall remain nameless, to simply delete HBO. I told her i wanted to keep Showtime/Max and i expected her to say thank you and i'd be on my way.

For future reference, it will probably be easier on you if you took care of the HBO and Showtime on the same call. Its much easier on the reps to swap the programming and not get dinged for anything.
My posts, whether fact or opinion, are my own and in no way represent DirecTV or any affiliated enterprise or corporation.

#15 OFFLINE   jmpfaff

jmpfaff

AllStar

• Registered
  • 56 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:25 PM

She may have not done a good job of explaining why it was cheaper to keep all 3. If you added HBO/Max on a special offer, you lost that discount and may have incurred a $10 cancellation fee if you dropped HBO within 30 days of adding it. Customers will never be able to change premiuns for these reasons there is way too much to it other than just adding/ dropping etc. Partial moth charges and credits have to be disclosed by a rep. :grin: Too many customers will shoot themselves in the foot by adding/ changing without assistance.

Well, maybe they could try making the rules simpler? :D

Agree with the earlier poster....you should be able to do EVERYTHING from the website, up to and including fully cancelling your service.

spam firewall