Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Joey loses video and audio out but can see guide

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dish40

dish40

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

We started Dish a few months ago and have a hopper and joey. At least once a day, the tv connected the Joey does not get the video or audio, though I can scroll through the guide. When I push select, the small screen in the upper left turns black and there is no way to get it back except to push the red button o the hopper. Occasionally I can duplicate the problem by watching a recorded show, press stop, press live tv and I get the black screen with the guide. All dish parts have been replaced once except the dish itself. 5 techs have been to the house. One ran coax from the gray box that connected othe lmb (which was replaced twice) to the hopper and joey and still had the problem. Today's temporary solution was replace he Joey again and the occasional problem happened before the tech left. The wireless adapter is currently disconnected as that was a possible fix, but does not seem to have helped. The tech said maybe my Comcast internet that is run through coax in the same box outside is an issue due to leakage. I am open to suggestions. I saw one thread that said a certain type of coax is needed, but I don't know how to tell the difference unless a label is printed.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 04:31 PM

Your Comcast and Dish shouldn't coexist on the same physical cable. That will cause issues.

Your Joey should run on any cable, relatively speaking. The Hopper needs the full swept 3000Mhz cable. If the cable between the Hopper and the Node isn't full swept 3000MHz then you can lose signal.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,744 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:52 PM

the tech could use spectrum analyzer to see what signals in your cable(s) ..

#4 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 09:13 AM

The Moca signal for the Joeys runs from 650 to 875Mhz. This is the same as cable channels 100-137. Also, Comcast internet downstream does fall in this band range in some areas. If there is any kind of bleed over from the Comcast, it will cause problems.
Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, Joey x2

#5 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,213 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:29 PM

Joey looses video and audio out but can see guide

loses

~ 12 Year Anniversary Month ~
Charter Gold Club Member