Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole Home playback ... just ..... stops.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,827 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:38 PM

Aw, hell. Well the protection plan folks were spectacularly unhelpful today. The best they could suggest was to make sure I had the latest software in the receivers. As it turns out, I didn't. Forced a download to the most recent and it made no difference whatsoever. The first time the video froze, I yanked the Ethernet cable to the CCK. Video immediately restarted and has been stable since.

So....would anyone care to give me a quick lesson on setting static IPs on each of my two HR24s? Frankly, I've never done this before and would like to give it a shot before popping for a new router.

CCK is not recommended for HR24's because it has deca built in so that's why you're getting freezes unless for mrv through coax connection not ethernet (i think that's what i read in the manual) As for static ip did you see the merg's link in post 15#

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,921 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 09:54 PM

CCK is not recommended for HR24's because it has deca built in so...

I think you may be mixing up the function of a CCK for the HR24. The 24 needs a connection for internet access and that's what the CCK does.
A.K.A VOS

#23 OFFLINE   mnassour

mnassour

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 839 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

CCK is not recommended for HR24's because it has deca built in so that's why you're getting freezes unless for mrv through coax connection not ethernet (i think that's what i read in the manual) As for static ip did you see the merg's link in post 15#

Yep...gotta have the CCK w/the HR24s. But MANY thanks for sending me back to that post. My tired eyes blew right past it the first time. That will be tomorrow night's project.

And thanks to The Merg too!

#24 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,267 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

Yep...gotta have the CCK w/the HR24s. But MANY thanks for sending me back to that post. My tired eyes blew right past it the first time. That will be tomorrow night's project.

And thanks to The Merg too!

:)

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#25 OFFLINE   brad2388

brad2388

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:20 PM

Well so far so good on the static ips. I think that fixed my problems with the mrv disconnecting. It disconnected one time but i think maybe it seeb the ips change and reconnected right back and have been online since.

Will keep u posted!

#26 OFFLINE   mikepatt

mikepatt

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

I've been reading through as many posts as possible to see if anyone has the same issue as me, and it seems some are similar, but not completely the same.

My issue is i have 2 HR24's with a CCK, set up for the whole home viewing.  Every time there is a firmware update from DTV, the two receivers no longer are connected and i cannot watch the playlist from the other DVR.  One still shows it is connected to the internet, the other says it isn't and there is no cable?  I don't know why, since it had been connected just fine, via coax, prior to the update.

The first few times this happened, i was able to get them reconnected by doing a red button reset on both machines at the same time.  This worked great...until this time.  Now they are not reconnecting again.

I tried to assign a static ip, using the suggestion and following the link from page 1, but this didn't work, the receiver that says it isn't connected still cant find the connection.

Any ideas???  Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but i did search quite a bit before posting.

Mike

#27 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,921 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

I've been reading through as many posts as possible to see if anyone has the same issue as me, and it seems some are similar, but not completely the same.

My issue is i have 2 HR24's with a CCK, set up for the whole home viewing.  Every time there is a firmware update from DTV, the two receivers no longer are connected and i cannot watch the playlist from the other DVR.  One still shows it is connected to the internet, the other says it isn't and there is no cable?  I don't know why, since it had been connected just fine, via coax, prior to the update.

The first few times this happened, i was able to get them reconnected by doing a red button reset on both machines at the same time.  This worked great...until this time.  Now they are not reconnecting again.

I tried to assign a static ip, using the suggestion and following the link from page 1, but this didn't work, the receiver that says it isn't connected still cant find the connection.

Any ideas???  Sorry if this has been asked and answered before, but i did search quite a bit before posting.

Mike

This has happened to me before.

What I did was to reset the network defaults and then do a menu restart.

I wouldn't do more than one at the same time.

If you still have one that says there is no cable [coax network], re-run the SAT setup as this reactivates the DECA/coax networking.

A.K.A VOS

#28 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,866 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

If you still have one that says there is no cable [coax network], re-run the SAT setup as this reactivates the DECA/coax networking.

Hmm, so you are saying if that an HR24 has the ethernet " turn ON" there is no need to do a reset to "turn off" ethernet and " turn on" DECA/coax networking. Just repeating the satellite setup accomplishes the same result?
Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#29 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,921 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 09:57 AM

Hmm, so you are saying if that an HR24 has the ethernet " turn ON" there is no need to do a reset to "turn off" ethernet and " turn on" DECA/coax networking. Just repeating the satellite setup accomplishes the same result?

No, but with a CCK, the poster sounded like they were using the coax networking and not ethernet.

Yes there can't be a ethernet connection for DECA/coax networking to work, but if the HR24 has stopped the DECA, re-running the SAT setup is how to reactivate it.

"Step 1" reset network defaults and reboot.

"Step 2" if it shows it's not coax connected, re-run SAT setup.

"Step 3" if still not connected, check coax wiring.

A.K.A VOS

#30 OFFLINE   mikepatt

mikepatt

Mentor

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thanks for the replies, much appreciated!  Before checking this, this morning I tried the red button resent yet again, and alas, they connected again.  No idea why they didn't last night.  But I will print out this page and try the way you suggested above next time it happens.

Anyone have any idea why this happens only when there is a firmware update?  Shouldn't this be something that DirecTV knows about and could fix?

By the way, I do have the coax set up.  The ethernet goes to the CCK, and then coax from there to the dish or DECA (not sure exactly), and then a coax to each receiver.  Does this sound right???

Mike

#31 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,866 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 01 May 2013 - 07:35 PM

I don't think it has nothing to do with DirecTV, but rather your router "getting" confused when all receivers are trying to get an IP address at the same time

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#32 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,921 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 10:56 PM

I don't think it has anything to do with DirecTV, but rather your router "getting" confused when all receivers are trying to get an IP address at the same time

Tough call as I go through many updates without problems, but got bit not long ago.

A.K.A VOS

Protected By... spam firewall...And...