Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Dish hopper?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Samul80

Samul80

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:29 PM

Just got a hopper and Joey system. I own a vip 622 that is activated on a separate account. The how do hook up the 622 to the dish system that the hopper is hooked up to? They put a node system in my cable box. I have a super hd dish system. Do I need to add a splitter or hook another line directly to the dish? Help?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 ONLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:01 PM

I think you'll find that Dish doesnot officially support such configurations. At best, you'll probably need a dedicated line from the Dish to the 622
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#3 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

You would need to run a separate line from the dish. Most current dishes have 3 outputs, the H/J would use 2 so depending on the dish, you should have one available. If for some reason it only has 2 outputs, you would need to add either a DPP33 or a DPP44 switch to the setup.

#4 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

It is unlikely to work. In addition to a separate line from the Dish, the receiver has to be on account and activated. I don't think DISH will do that. They might, but doubtful.

#5 ONLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,830 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 03:29 PM

He said the 622 is activated on a 2nd account.
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

#6 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 20,058 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 10 February 2013 - 10:57 PM

Just got a hopper and Joey system. I own a vip 622 that is activated on a separate account. The how do hook up the 622 to the dish system that the hopper is hooked up to? They put a node system in my cable box. I have a super hd dish system. Do I need to add a splitter or hook another line directly to the dish? Help?

run separate cable from your dish or a switch (give us your full config info - what LNBF set on your "super dish" ?)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...