Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pixelation with HR21-200

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ghontz1

ghontz1

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:03 PM

I know there are other threads on this problem. but it seems they had bad multi switch,ground or signal strength problems. I just upgraded to DVR service 5 days ago and the installer upgraded to SWiM and all my signals were good and when I checked them myself and the signal meter verify this also it poured down rain last night I had only about 2 minuets of rain fade when before the it would go down as long as it was just raining. The first night after the installer left (of course) the HR21-200 starts pixelating. It does on live or recorded tv and it's random on time it does it every 3 or 4 minuets then quits and behaves about an hour then do it again. Sometimes it looks like a jigsaw puzzle other times just a few dots. Neither my H24-200 or my H25-700 ever does this, why would it be different on a DVR? I also told installer that the last installer that was here fixed the ground about two years ago and he assured it was still alright.The reason I'm writing this because maybe there might be something maybe you guys know fix myself and not have to pay for a service call. I did asked the installer why I got an HR21 when they were outdated He told me that was all Directv would let him install since i got it for free and that was all he had on the the truck. Other than the above problems there is nothing more that I can complain about. Thank you for any help you can give me on this.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,304 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:31 PM

Service calls are free within 90 days of a tech touching your equipment.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#3 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 11,239 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 09:32 PM

Wait until you have a day of clear weather, then check both live and recorded shows and see if the problem is still there. If it is, save the recording(s) and note what time in them you have the problem. Then call and report the problem, and that it only happens on the HR21 and not on either of your other receivers, and that it is recurring regardless of outside weather.

It could be a poor tuner in the DVR, it could be a problem with the hard drive, possibly other causes. I'm going to assume it isn't dish alignment because you don't see it on your other receivers (on the same channel, at the same time, as you see it on the HR21).

#4 OFFLINE   ghontz1

ghontz1

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Thank you both for your help. I'll record a few channels and write down time of day and make note times in the recordings so I can FF to the spots that it acts up when tech. gets here. Oh and it also does it on both HD and SD channels.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...