Directv tech just left. Things look good, at least for now. He identified a signal problem with the LNB, leading to even transponders having 50% strength and replaced it, I don't think that was related to my MRV issues but good anyway. Apparently the first installation did not use the approved 3gb coax connectors so he replaced all those. Still had difficulty getting a good clink light on the decas so he replaced the swm16 unit and 4 way splitter I have outside, immediately everything worked. It does seem that the swm and/or splitter may have been the problem.
Fingers crossed, so far, so good...
Also, on the phy and mesh tests I now have 5 locations consistently reporting...I traced the MACs and it is indeed the HR34, the decas for the 21 and 22, the c31, and the deca bb adapter. I'm not sure which ones were not showing before but now all 5 are there each time I test.
Edited by garywitt, 19 March 2013 - 02:33 PM.