Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22 Version 0x66D, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,860 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:37 AM

Receivers included in this release:
HR20-700 • HR20-100
HR21-100 • HR21-200 • HR21-700 • HR21Pro
HR22-100 • HR23-700
HR24-100 • HR24-200 • HR24-500
R22-200 • R22-100
H21-100 • H21-200 • H23-600
H24-100 • H24-200 • H24-700
H25-100 • H25-500 • H25-700

Version numbers:
H2x: x66D
H24-700: x66D
HR2x: x66D

Release notes: http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=212812

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

Edited by Scott Kocourek, 24 March 2013 - 08:24 AM.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   utbronco

utbronco

Mentor

• DBSTalk Club
  • 40 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:51 AM

Sorry I have already posted this issue on another thread.

My "To Do List" has been shot to ----, well it's been decimated! I noticed the new release and rebooted because releases usually causes problems with Caller ID. Then I noticed the "To Do List" had only 8 programs scheduled over the next two days.

Will it rebuild or do I have to force something to happen?

Thanks
Dave
(3) HR24-500
(1) THR22 TiVo
(1) SWiM-8
(3) WGA600N Dual Band Wireless-N Gaming Adapter

#3 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,372 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

It takes a couple of days for the things to fully update.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#4 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:44 PM

Sorry I have already posted this issue on another thread.

My "To Do List" has been shot to ----, well it's been decimated! I noticed the new release and rebooted because releases usually causes problems with Caller ID. Then I noticed the "To Do List" had only 8 programs scheduled over the next two days.

Will it rebuild or do I have to force something to happen?

Thanks
Dave

If you rebooted 2 times within a 30 minute period you wiped out your guide data, which wipes out the todo list. It will rebuild over the next day or so.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#5 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

I see in the release notes "Far in Advance" Search feature has been added. Will it work right away, or does it take a little time since I just received it this am? Note: I did not lose guide data or posters with the update.

I tried searching for "Deadliest Catch" with no results. Any other far off shows I can try searching for? Thanks.

#6 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,372 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:48 PM

What will this do for a non DVR receiver ?
Or, are only the underlined receivers going to get this ?

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#7 OFFLINE   my1423

my1423

Godfather

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:32 PM

Since taking this update a few features we love have disappeared.

You might like tab is gone. Does not appear anywhere.

All ratings are gone! Stars, popcorn, and tomato.

Too bad those awful guide adds are not gone.

New ticks for on demand, just what was needed not! Another way to get to on demand. Not like there are not already a ton of them.
Would rather the new ticks be shortcuts to upcoming programs to be recorded on that channel then ANOTHER on demand link.

4 Hr24-500 and 2 hd r22-100

#8 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 696 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:40 PM

I'm still running 0x62c on my HR24-100's, and the Game Lounge icon disappeared, but the wording Game Lounge underneath it remains in the Extras menu. Is that expected?

#9 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 656 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

Oy vey!

#10 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,779 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:40 PM

Since taking this update a few features we love have disappeared.

You might like tab is gone. Does not appear anywhere.

All ratings are gone! Stars, popcorn, and tomato.

Too bad those awful guide adds are not gone.

New ticks for on demand, just what was needed not! Another way to get to on demand. Not like there are not already a ton of them.
Would rather the new ticks be shortcuts to upcoming programs to be recorded on that channel then ANOTHER on demand link.

4 Hr24-500 and 2 hd r22-100

All of that data takes time to load when the data has been flushed. You should start seeing all that stuff come back in the next 24 hours.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#11 OFFLINE   Jon

Jon

Legend

• Registered
  • 146 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:04 PM

Posted in another thread but thought it should be said again...........

I have '2' HR20-100's for years and have never had issues with the OTA integration until this firmware. Last week both HR20-100's lost all their OTA channels as reported above. On Sunday I had one of the HR20-100's set to record the Grammy's on a local OTA station (7.1) but on Monday when we went to watch the show it was not listed. History shows "Canceled" Channel not available which was not true as I had not scheduled any other programs and the OTA channel was listed in the guide.

I've never had these type of OTA errors before affecting both HR20-100's at the same time which I believe is all software related.

I hope DTV takes a close look at this issue before they release this firmware to the masses. If I have another OTA issue I'm going back to the previous release.

John

#12 OFFLINE   Brandon Wedgeworth

Brandon Wedgeworth

Icon

• Administrators
  • 563 posts
  • LocationAlabaster, AL

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:17 PM

If I have another OTA issue I'm going back to the previous release.

Hate to tell you this, but, no, you're not going back to a previous release. While I guess it is technically possible that during a staggered release the previous firmware *might* be in the stream for a little while, even if you did manage to get it your DVR would update again as soon as it saw the new version in the stream.

DBSTalk Site Administrator

U-Verse U450 w/Whole Home DVR

Cisco ISB7500 (upgraded to 1TB) >> 32" LG LCD
Cisco ISB7000 >> 60" LG Plasma
Cisco IPN330HD 46" Sharp Aquos LCD
Cisco ISB7005 (Wireless) >> 42" Philips LCD
2Wire/Pace 3801HGV Gateway

LIVESTRONG_logo_small.png - 2 Time Cancer Survivor

#13 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 656 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Alright, Far in Advance worked! I searched for Game of Thrones, premiers March 31. X Factor, premiers in September. I think this is a great feature and I'm sure it will only get better!

#14 OFFLINE   my1423

my1423

Godfather

• Registered
  • 252 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:59 AM

After 24 hrs still had no ratings and no you might like.
RBR and most started coming came back within 4 hours.

#15 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 576 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:59 PM

I received 66a early Tuesday morning on both HR21-700s and all was well until this morning. My wife noticed that the guide had lost all the OTA channels on one of my DVRs. I went into antenna setup and the only option was to do an initial setup, so I did. When the setup completed, all the OTA channels were back, however, my NBC station which is 5.1 KSLDT in Salt Lake City showed up as 5.1 K35HGD. Because the name is now different, none of the programs would schedule to record because of the incorrect name.

I did a little research and found that K35HG-D is Salt Lake City's NBC but it is broadcast in Cedar City which is over 200 miles South of Salt Lake City. I called DirecTV twice trying to get the problem solved, but after a couple of hours working with them, their only suggestion was to call my Off Air Antenna manufacturer because it was picking up the wrong station.

Thanks DirecTV, great support.

I did the antenna setup a few times and did a reset a couple of times, but no change. My two HR21s now show different channel 5.1 however the programming is identicle. My only option at this point is to delete and re-schedule all the programs that record on 5.1 for the second DVR.

HR10-250   550G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD x087f AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD x087f AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD x08c2
DirecTV since 1997

#16 OFFLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,372 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:20 PM

I received 66a early Tuesday morning on both HR21-700s and all was well until this morning. My wife noticed that the guide had lost all the OTA channels on one of my DVRs. I went into antenna setup and the only option was to do an initial setup, so I did. When the setup completed, all the OTA channels were back, however, my NBC station which is 5.1 KSLDT in Salt Lake City showed up as 5.1 K35HGD. Because the name is now different, none of the programs would schedule to record because of the incorrect name.

I did a little research and found that K35HG-D is Salt Lake City's NBC but it is broadcast in Cedar City which is over 200 miles South of Salt Lake City. I called DirecTV twice trying to get the problem solved, but after a couple of hours working with them, their only suggestion was to call my Off Air Antenna manufacturer because it was picking up the wrong station.

Thanks DirecTV, great support.

I did the antenna setup a few times and did a reset a couple of times, but no change. My two HR21s now show different channel 5.1 however the programming is identicle. My only option at this point is to delete and re-schedule all the programs that record on 5.1 for the second DVR.

These units are using the same outdoor antenna ?
I know it is out there, but , what if you aim this antenna a little bit more towards the station you want it to receive and see if it then gets it ?

#17 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 576 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 15 February 2013 - 09:18 AM

These units are using the same outdoor antenna ?
I know it is out there, but , what if you aim this antenna a little bit more towards the station you want it to receive and see if it then gets it ?

The two HR21s use the same antenna which in mounted on my roof. From my roof I can see the TV transmit towers on the mountains to the west. They are about 17 miles away and the antenna is pointed directly at them. Both DVRs show a signal strength of 100% which I'm sure wouldn't be that high for a signal South of me and 200+ miles away.

I don't think the DirecTV DVRs actuall scan for OTA channels like TiVo does. I think the information about which OTA channels I can watch comes from the satellite based on my Zip code.

HR10-250   550G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD x087f AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD x087f AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD x08c2
DirecTV since 1997

#18 OFFLINE   kkl

kkl

Mentor

• Registered
  • 97 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:47 PM

I can't believe that I'm the only one having problems with the 0x66a update, but I haven't found any other comments here. My HR24 and HR21, that got the update on 2/12, are slow to unresponsive. For instance, the up arrow to get to quick tune can take 10 seconds for a response, if it ever does. Sometimes the receivers respond normally, other times never. I have reset the receivers multiple times. My HR20, which didn't get the update yet, is responding normally. Anyone else having the problem? Solution?

#19 OFFLINE   mic

mic

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

I can't believe that I'm the only one having problems with the 0x66a update, but I haven't found any other comments here. My HR24 and HR21, that got the update on 2/12, are slow to unresponsive. For instance, the up arrow to get to quick tune can take 10 seconds for a response, if it ever does. Sometimes the receivers respond normally, other times never. I have reset the receivers multiple times. My HR20, which didn't get the update yet, is responding normally. Anyone else having the problem? Solution?

Mine has become excruciatingly slow too. You are not alone. Most annoying is if I delete something from the playlist it is now a multistep process of deleting (slow) and then refreshing (slow). Channel changing...slow. Display guide...slow.

I have a feeling that the only thing fast on here are things you pay for, like VOD!:(

#20 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 619 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:35 PM

Mine has become excruciatingly slow too. You are not alone. Most annoying is if I delete something from the playlist it is now a multistep process of deleting (slow) and then refreshing (slow). Channel changing...slow. Display guide...slow.(

I have this with my HR24-500 occasionally, and have since it replaced my dying HR20-700 last September. Most of the time it's nicely responsive, but sometimes it slows to a crawl. Remote (RF mode) will take spells where key presses are not registered (DTV light doesn't blink on front panel), then sometimes it gets super-sensitive making it nearly impossible to register a single keypress (makes it lots of fun selecting a program to view from the play list, select a program from the guide, or enter a channel number directly). Some times when deleting a program it goes through the two-slow-step process described above, but most of the time it only takes a second or two. Slow downs seem to be more frequent in the late evening which makes me wonder if the system is just busy doing some sort of background maintenance.

All if this is without getting the update - still running 0x62c installed 12/20/12.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

spam firewall