Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22 Version 0x66D, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 399 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:36 AM

Mine has become excruciatingly slow too. You are not alone. Most annoying is if I delete something from the playlist it is now a multistep process of deleting (slow) and then refreshing (slow). Channel changing...slow. Display guide...slow.

I have a feeling that the only thing fast on here are things you pay for, like VOD!:(

VOD is slow too I rented a movie...never again Apple TV from now on for me HR24-100 here.....:lol:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   rsoares28

rsoares28

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:56 PM

I haven't received the update yet... but my cck is in the mail... should I be worried? I'm assuming its not as instant as Netflix or VOD on cable. I have a HR24-500

#23 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,853 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:58 PM

H24-200

Report ID 20130220-B7B

30SKIP on MRV program was more like 1 sec skip on HughesNet60 and DirecTV Everywhere commercial.

TruTV HD - Full Throttle Saloon around 50 minutes into recording.

Other commercials skipped properly.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---

HR44-500
HR24-200

#24 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:49 AM

I haven't received the update yet... but my cck is in the mail... should I be worried? I'm assuming its not as instant as Netflix or VOD on cable. I have a HR24-500

I have 2 HR24, 2 HR20 and 1 HR21 and none of them have received it yet either, don't worry at all.

#25 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 660 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkl
I can't believe that I'm the only one having problems with the 0x66a update, but I haven't found any other comments here. My HR24 and HR21, that got the update on 2/12, are slow to unresponsive. For instance, the up arrow to get to quick tune can take 10 seconds for a response, if it ever does. Sometimes the receivers respond normally, other times never. I have reset the receivers multiple times. My HR20, which didn't get the update yet, is responding normally. Anyone else having the problem? Solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mic
Mine has become excruciatingly slow too. You are not alone. Most annoying is if I delete something from the playlist it is now a multistep process of deleting (slow) and then refreshing (slow). Channel changing...slow. Display guide...slow.(

I have this with my HR24-500 occasionally, and have since it replaced my dying HR20-700 last September. Most of the time it's nicely responsive, but sometimes it slows to a crawl. Remote (RF mode) will take spells where key presses are not registered (DTV light doesn't blink on front panel), then sometimes it gets super-sensitive making it nearly impossible to register a single keypress (makes it lots of fun selecting a program to view from the play list, select a program from the guide, or enter a channel number directly). Some times when deleting a program it goes through the two-slow-step process described above, but most of the time it only takes a second or two. Slow downs seem to be more frequent in the late evening which makes me wonder if the system is just busy doing some sort of background maintenance.

All if this is without getting the update - still running 0x62c installed 12/20/12.

Try resetting the receiver through the menu settings. After any update, I reset the receiver. Seems to help.

#26 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:45 AM

I don't have the new 0x66a software yet, but I don't want it to come at a time early in the morning when I am recording something. Is it safe to force the 0x66a download at my chosen time? If so, how do I do it? Thanks.

#27 OFFLINE   RunnerFL

RunnerFL

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,879 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:52 AM

I don't have the new 0x66a software yet, but I don't want it to come at a time early in the morning when I am recording something. Is it safe to force the 0x66a download at my chosen time? If so, how do I do it? Thanks.

If your account isn't authorized to get it yet then you can't force it. It won't download while you are recording, it will delay it until nothing is going on.
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

#28 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:33 AM

If your account isn't authorized to get it yet then you can't force it. It won't download while you are recording, it will delay it until nothing is going on.

Thanks!

#29 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 660 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:26 PM

Thanks!

Totally off topic, I Love the avatar! Just admiring my replica ring, and just hung (finally) the mini banner in my cave:D

#30 OFFLINE   TheRatPatrol

TheRatPatrol

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,763 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, AZ

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:19 PM

I can't believe that I'm the only one having problems with the 0x66a update, but I haven't found any other comments here. My HR24 and HR21, that got the update on 2/12, are slow to unresponsive. For instance, the up arrow to get to quick tune can take 10 seconds for a response, if it ever does. Sometimes the receivers respond normally, other times never. I have reset the receivers multiple times. My HR20, which didn't get the update yet, is responding normally. Anyone else having the problem? Solution?

Mine has become excruciatingly slow too. You are not alone. Most annoying is if I delete something from the playlist it is now a multistep process of deleting (slow) and then refreshing (slow). Channel changing...slow. Display guide...slow.

I have a feeling that the only thing fast on here are things you pay for, like VOD!:(

Just found this thread.

My HR24-200 has become very slow too, everything you mentioned is also happening to mine.

My HR20-700 is actually faster than the 24. :eek2:

#31 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:22 PM

The speed of my HR24-500s is still about the same (not fast enough but about typical since the HDGUI update) but I have had the ‘jump-to-the-end’ problem 3 or 4 times now. I just hit FF and bam – jumps to the end…

Old problem back again!

Apparently the ‘testers’ didn’t catch these troubles? I’d think it had something to do with restarting every week but I restart the HR24 that has had the ‘jump-to-the-end’ issue every Sunday to keep it from freaking out so it is never running longer than a week without a reboot.

#32 OFFLINE   kkl

kkl

Mentor

• Registered
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:33 PM

Try resetting the receiver through the menu settings. After any update, I reset the receiver. Seems to help.

I wished that worked for me. I've done a menu reset 5 or 6 times, and a RBR once or twice. It didn't make a difference. The response has gradually improved some of the time, where I can tune a channel in 5 seconds. But most of the time, it's still a 30-60 second wait. Pressing Guide will usually get no data for a full minute. Then it fills in and I can navigate the guide screen normally. Same with quick tune. Takes forever to pop up, but then I can move around the selections normally. There is no buffering of extra commands. If I press the up arrow 5 times in a row, when it finally responds, I'm on the center selection of quick tune. The worst thing though is that 60 seconds of a completely blank screen, waiting for the receiver to tune the channel. This is now only on my HR24; my HR21 that got the update no longer behaves this way.

#33 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:48 AM

It's been two weeks and I still don't have 0x66a. I want it so bad because maybe it fixes the "doubling" and "auto-SELECT" problem that both my HR23 and HR24 have. By that I mean that oftentimes when I press a button on the remote control. the DVR will do what I want it to do twice. For example I press the scroll button and it scrolls two pages instead of just one. The auto-SELECT means that when, for example, I am setting a manual recording and the highlight is hovering over a certain choice like RECORD, the DVR will automatically SELECT that choice (RECORD) by itself even though I didn't press SELECT at all. The The DVR is set to record something I don't want. Very consternating. Thanks.

#34 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 07:07 AM

It's been two weeks and I still don't have 0x66a. I want it so bad because maybe it fixes the "doubling" and "auto-SELECT" problem that both my HR23 and HR24 have. By that I mean that oftentimes when I press a button on the remote control. the DVR will do what I want it to do twice. For example I press the scroll button and it scrolls two pages instead of just one. The auto-SELECT means that when, for example, I am setting a manual recording and the highlight is hovering over a certain choice like RECORD, the DVR will automatically SELECT that choice (RECORD) by itself even though I didn't press SELECT at all. The The DVR is set to record something I don't want. Very consternating. Thanks.

Riverside and I don't have it yet either, so your not alone.

#35 OFFLINE   pikespeakhiker

pikespeakhiker

Mentor

• Registered
  • 46 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:40 AM

The funny thing about this release is that it was BLAZING fast on my two HR21s for the first few days. Then it turned into one of the worst releases I have ever had with delayed actions, 30 sec skip problems, etc.

I just noticed this morning that 0x66c was downloaded last night on both of my boxes. Hopefully it is better.

#36 OFFLINE   bpratt

bpratt

Godfather

• Registered
  • 579 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 26 February 2013 - 09:24 AM

66a does not fix what you call the "doubling" problem. I still have the problem on both of my HR21s.

I received 66c early this morning. Maybe they fixed the "doubling" problem this time.

Edited by bpratt, 26 February 2013 - 12:34 PM.

HR10-250   550G WD  6.4a
HR21-700   750G WD x08ca AM21
HR21-700 2000G WD x08ca AM21
HR44-500 2000G WD x093d
DirecTV since 1997

#37 OFFLINE   Sea bass

Sea bass

Icon

• Registered
  • 660 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:51 PM

Just received 0x66c this am on HR24-500. Any release notes?

#38 OFFLINE   JBv

JBv

Godfather

• Registered
  • 818 posts
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 26 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

In the very first post.
Game Lounge icon is gone, Far In Advance Search, Watch Now off the top of my head.

0x66C on HR24-100, went to watch a recording this evening and got a black screen. Tried to watch another recording and got a black screen. Live TV was fine. Tried to play something back from the HR24-200 and also got a black screen. No OSD, and it acted like it was playing, I could fast forward and everything, but a black screen with no audio. A menu reset fixed it. This is not the first time I've had this receiver do this, but previously I think I was on a CE build.

Tried playing back Bones on local Fox (HD) recorded on both receivers, stream Continuum on SyFy from HR24-200, and Enlightened recorded on HR24-100.

SENDREPORT key 20130226-F4B Central Time, received this 2/21 2:47am.
DirecTV Employee
The postings on this site are my own and do not represent DirecTV's positions, strategies, or opinions.

#39 OFFLINE   makaiguy

makaiguy

Icon

• Registered
  • 630 posts
  • LocationAiken, SC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

See the first post in this very thread.
DirecTV customer since 1997
HR24-500, HR22-100
I don't do buddy/friends lists, don't ask.

#40 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:49 AM

Maybe I missed it. What does FAR IN ADVANCE mean? Thanks.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...