Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22 Version 0x66D, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#81 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:20 AM

How is it a bug I like the screen saver to come on when I have my receiver on pause and such.

The screensaver is a bug when it comes on when the PAUSE button is not activated. It's not a bug when it comes on when the PAUSE button is activated.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#82 OFFLINE   Getteau

Getteau

Icon

• Registered
  • 811 posts
  • LocationHouston

Posted 23 March 2013 - 06:28 AM

How is it a bug I like the screen saver to come on when I have my receiver on pause and such.

When you have something paused, you are correct, it's not a bug it's how it should behave. However, when it comes on while watching live TV, IMO, it's a bug. In my cases, my son will put on a channel before he goes to bed and by morning, the screen saver will usually be on. I have a TV in my office I keep on with news during the day. Sometimes the screen-saver will kick in after an hour, sometimes it will go all day and not kick in at all.

Thanks,
Rich

HR44-500 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR24-100 - HDMI to Panasonic TC-50S1 50" Plasma
HR23-700 - HDMI to Insignia 42" Plasma
HR22-100 - HDMI to LG 32" LCD
HR21-700 - WD 1T Green Power drive - HDMI to Toshiba 65HM167 65" rear projection

R22-200 - Component to Insignia 42" Plasma
R15 - svideo to Toshiba 32" tube tv

#83 OFFLINE   Justin23

Justin23

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,212 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 05:51 PM

I have an HR22-100 running 062c since 12/18...is this the latest software?

#84 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 07:45 AM

I have an HR22-100 running 062c since 12/18...is this the latest software?

That's the old one, I still have it on my DVRs too. I'm happy to let all of the bugs be worked out in the latest version before I get it.

#85 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 399 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 05:04 AM

HR24 is almost Dish Receiver fast...almost. It's pretty darn good

HR22 is the speed the HR24 was on 0x62c which is pretty good for it

H21 is still kind of slow but not sure there's anything to be done about that.

#86 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:58 AM

Just got the 0x66d download last night on my HR24. My HR23 didn't get it. That may be good. So I pressed the RECORD button on my HR24 and nothing. Or, apparently nothing. No red light on the HR24, and no recording status information on the screen. Pressing the RECORD button many many times did nothing. What I eventually discovered is that when I first press RECORD, the HR24 does actually start recording, but the red light and the screen information doesn't come on for a full 40 seconds. During that 40 seconds, the HR24 is essentially locked up, meaning no remote commands will work. For example, if I press STOP during the 40 seconds, nothing, i.e. no window that asks me if I want to keep recording or if I really do want to stop. Also, if I press LIST to see the present recording on the top of the LIST during the 40 seconds, nothing happens. After 40 seconds, the red light finally comes on and then the STOP button works, i.e. I get the recording options window, and the LIST button works so I can see the present recording on the top of it. A reboot did not help. So it seems as if at least for now that my partial recordings must be at least 40 seconds long. I'm totally bummed with DTV.

#87 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

I was on the phone with tech support about my HR24 mentioned above and he had me do an RBR. It didn't solve the problem, but far worse, when I now press LIST, I get the message "There are no recorded programs at this time. Was my hard drive erased? I recorded a new partial and told the HR24 to save it, but the LIST still says "There are no recorded programs at this time."

Never mind. The LIST is back. I set the HR24 to record a program in advance. As soon as it started recording, I pressed LIST. That program and everything else was back. Weeeeeeew. One whole hour of agony.

Edited by jibberyerkibber, 27 March 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#88 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 28 March 2013 - 11:14 AM

I received the update Tuesday night on my HR24s. Everything works as it should. I haven't experienced your recording lag, and my list is intact.

Tech support said that the engineering department would send me another download. I'll keep you posted.

#89 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:13 PM

Tech support today had me force a download. The download was 0x62c, not 0x66d. Guess what? All of my recordings the last three days (since the defective 0x66d was downloaded) were erased! But are they really erased? Maybe they'll come back when I get a good 0x66d. What do you think? Thanks!

Edited by jibberyerkibber, 29 March 2013 - 06:48 PM.

#90 OFFLINE   joed32

joed32

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,666 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:36 AM

I think I'm glad I haven't received any updates yet.

#91 OFFLINE   ddebrunner

ddebrunner

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

Since we got back from vacation a ringing noise has appeared in the audio background, 0x466d on a H21/200. Much like dialling number on a touch-tone phone, but higher pitch. Seems to be the same noise over and over again.

#92 ONLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,115 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 31 March 2013 - 05:55 PM

Do you have a phone line plugged into it? If so, what happens if you unplug it? Wondering if its a modem sound, like it trying to handshake constantly. Though I don't remember hearing that when I had a phone line connected and ran through diagnostics.

#93 OFFLINE   GBFAN

GBFAN

Godfather

• Registered
  • 334 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:58 AM

2 of my 3 HR24-500's received the update on 3/27. On 3/30 my wife asked me why she can't record 2 shows. Her to do list showed conflicts when only 2 programs were scheduled to record. I did a menu restart and all the guide data was flushed even though the DVR was only reset once. I then decided to try it on the other HR24 that received the update and all the guide data was flushed on that one. At least it appeared to correct the recording conflicts.

#94 OFFLINE   ddebrunner

ddebrunner

AllStar

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

No phone line plugged in (for the ringing noise), it may have started before this release though, my family said they were hearing it before last week.

#95 OFFLINE   waltmapb

waltmapb

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:24 AM

I got 66d today on the HR20-100 and lost all OTA channels from the guide. Its not just a guide issue as manually typing in a OTA channel results in a channel not available. After repeating initial setup for antenna settings they came back.

The To Do list still has all of the OTA recordings showing up.
So I wonder how the To Do list kept programs that were no longer in the guide?
Would a menu reset have gotten the OTA's back without doing the initial setup?

#96 OFFLINE   TXD16

TXD16

Icon

• Registered
  • 862 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 07:47 AM

HR24-500/AM21

Received a push of 0x66D overnight with predictable results:

1. Favorites lists cleared.
2. Series Manager/To-Do List wiped clean.
3. Missing OTA channels in both primary and secondary markets, which are unrecoverable despite numerous OTA reconfiguration attempts.

This POS (Push Of Software) NR is most definitely not ready for prime time, at least not for those with HR24-500/AM21 units.

"We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force." - Ayn Rand

#97 OFFLINE   Jon J

Jon J

Grouch Extrordinaire

• Registered
  • 1,155 posts
  • LocationMusic City, USA

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:34 AM

My HR22 received 66D at 2:30AM this morning. It's now 10:30 AM and my EPG only goes to 6PM tonight. Shouldn't it have filled more by now?

I am almost afraid to check my HR24 which also downloaded 66D overnight.

FOLLOWUP:

Guides on both HR22 and HR24 have mostly repopulated after 24 hours. However, both now report I need my dish aligned. My two HR20s that have not updated report no need for alignment. This seems to indicate a flaw in the 66D download.

Edited by Jon J, 03 April 2013 - 09:24 AM.

When news breaks...we fix it.

#98 OFFLINE   EJB

EJB

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I just got 0x66 today and noticed it when I got home from work. When I go to the guide, I see the white triangle indicating On Demand content, but I also notice that some program titles in the guide have a "<" to the left of the show title.

I scanned this thread real quick and don't see this mentioned before. I also checked the Release Notes and don't see what it means. I thought it was for something like Live shows but that doesn't match in all cases.

Any ideas???

EJB

#99 OFFLINE   EJB

EJB

Legend

• Registered
  • 121 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:38 PM

Duhhhhh!! Figured out the "<" I am now seeing in the guide. It is only on the shows to the far left and only shows up if the show being listed started prior to this time. I also see a ">" to the far right if it plays past what is showing on the guide.

Was this always there and we just never noticed it before??? I asked my kids and they don't recall seeing this before either.

EJB

#100 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,988 posts

Posted 03 April 2013 - 08:19 AM

Duhhhhh!! Figured out the "<" I am now seeing in the guide. It is only on the shows to the far left and only shows up if the show being listed started prior to this time. I also see a ">" to the far right if it plays past what is showing on the guide.

Was this always there and we just never noticed it before??? I asked my kids and they don't recall seeing this before either.

EJB

Yes, I believe they have always been there, even with the old blue and white GUI from what I remember.

Just checked Google images and I see them on both the old and the current GUI.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

Protected By... spam firewall...And...