Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HD DVRs, Receivers and R22 Version 0x66D, Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

#161 OFFLINE   dd5087

dd5087

Mentor

• Registered
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 15 April 2013 - 05:39 PM

Have tried all the suggestions shown in this topic and nothing improves my DVR-24.  This has to be a result of the latest update.  That's when it started.  I can only hope Directv is working on this because the receiver is just about useless now.  Terrible! Terrible! Terrible!

HR24-200

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#162 ONLINE   jimmie57

jimmie57

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,204 posts
  • LocationTexas City, TX

Posted 16 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

I noticed this morning that I had a minor problem on the HR24.

I was watching a live program, not recorded, and the progress bar was Orange and it was the full length of the program, I was in the middle of the time frame.

I tried to FF and I got the Bonk sound.

I backed up and it did that. I FFd it back to the live where it stopped on it's own.

I then pressed the record button on the program and the bar was still Orange.

I pressed the list button and called up the program. I then pressed the red button to delete the recording.

It deleted it.

When I pressed the Play button the bar is now Green as it is supposed to be.

DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM,   HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD

#163 OFFLINE   LiQiCE

LiQiCE

Mentor

• Registered
  • 232 posts
  • LocationNorthern Virginia

Posted 16 April 2013 - 05:25 PM

Last night I tried using the BIST and ran all of the tests except for the SMART Long Test and Surface test since they take forever.  Cleared NVRAM after the HR24 booted back up and things seemed to be going well until just now when the Guide took an extended period of time to populate and then just had the HR24 become non-responsive for 30 seconds.

Might try to reboot twice within a 30 minute period to flush the guide data and see if that helps.  But I have a lot of recordings today so I probably won't get to do it today.

I'm tempted to go to the latest Cutting Edge release to see if this will resolve my problem -- it is really unusable the way it is.

Owned: HR44-700, HR24-500

Leased: HR24-100

#164 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 09:05 AM

dd5087: "Have tried all the suggestions shown in this topic and nothing improves my DVR-24.  This has to be a result of the latest update.  That's when it started.  I can only hope Directv is working on this because the receiver is just about useless now.  Terrible! Terrible! Terrible!"

Case management couldn't help me over the phone.  They sent a tech to my house.  He checked the HR23 and HR24 and found nothing wrong with them.  He sais I had a 0x66d software problem and recommended I just wait until the next download.

#165 OFFLINE   jibberyerkibber

jibberyerkibber

Legend

• Registered
  • 203 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 06:39 AM

Another thing about 0x66d.  This was happening before 0x66d with 0x62c, but now it's much worse.  About 75% of the time when I push a button on the remote, my HR24 will execute the command twice.  For example, if I key in channel 2, the HR24 will go to channel 22.  If I scroll a singele line on a list, the HR24 will jump 2 or sometimes even 3 lines.  If I scroll a whole page on a list, the HR24 will jump two pages.  But even worse than that, now with 0x66d, my particular HR24 will quite often react AS IF I pressed the SELECT button when I didn't.  For example, if I go to a LIST and highlight a particular video, the video will start playing on its own AS IF I pressed SELECT when the PLAY option was highlighted on the left screen.  Another example on my HR24 with 0x66d is that when I am trying to set a manual recording, the DVR will act AS IF I pressed SELECT when the highlight is arbitrarily on SET MANUAL for DTVs original default set of options that I don't want but haven't yet had a chance to change to what I actually do want.  Then I have to delete this bogus recording from my TO DO  list.  Please, oh please DTV, lets have 0x66e (or whatever it will be called) soon.  Thanks!

• red00 likes this

#166 OFFLINE   Mike Greer

Mike Greer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,612 posts
  • LocationSalt Lake City, Utah

Posted 18 April 2013 - 08:04 AM

2 out of my 3 HR24-500s now miss the first button push on the remote maybe 75% of the time.  Even after the first button push there is a noticeable 'delay'.

I think it is time for DirecTV to make a change - how do these things keep happening?  How do the CE testers not notice and report these before the 'updates' take working DVRs and turn them into crap?  I just don't get it?

• jibberyerkibber and red00 like this

#167 OFFLINE   jacinkcmo

jacinkcmo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 12:22 PM

Bring up the guide. If you see a little white triangle in the upper corner of the channel label this means that On Demand content is available. If so, then left arrow to the channel label and press Info. Now you'll see what's on for the next few days and there is a new entry for On Demand.

At first I thought this was a nice feature.  But then I noticed it is inconsistent - not all channels with on demand content show the triangle, like BBCAHD, NGCHD, NGWHD and some others.  Surely the channels don't have to pay dtv for the triangle.

I grew up in a 3-channel world...and there's often still nothing on I want to watch!

HR44-500 w/ AM-21
HR24-200

#168 OFFLINE   red00

red00

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 04:31 PM

At first I thought this was a nice feature.  But then I noticed it is inconsistent - not all channels with on demand content show the triangle, like BBCAHD, NGCHD, NGWHD and some others.  Surely the channels don't have to pay dtv for the triangle.

Yes, this is true- also for SD channels as well. Ex. Most of the east/west matching premium channels with VOD show a triangle for both.  Not TMC 554/555.  The triangle is missing for the west channel 555.  Shows the lack of attention to detail that is put into the software updates that seem to cause additional problems every time one is released.

#169 OFFLINE   houskamp

houskamp

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 12:44 PM

still have the massive wait for optical audio to onkyo ht-r520 at power on.. can take 2-5 minutes to first get audio..

AKA: SMOKE
MRV was all that's left on my wishlist (wishlist done) :D

spam firewall