Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Anybody Have Cinema working on THR22

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   noroll

noroll

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:30 AM

HI,
I'm back to Directv after a 5 year absence. I'm very happy with the HR34 and 3 clients.

My wife however is not so happy. She hates the interface and navigation and is having hard time using DTV. She wants me to switch back to Uverse.

She loved Tivo in the day so I've been researching that on DTV hoping this may be the answer.
I see many problems with it which I think we could deal with but not the missing Cinema.
So does anyone have a working Cinema or Cinema plus? She would need network TV plus HBO on demand etc.

I would hate to leave DTV and pay the early termination fees but if she insists I will have no choice as a happy wife is a happy home

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,998 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:51 AM

HI,
I'm back to Directv after a 5 year absence. I'm very happy with the HR34 and 3 clients.

My wife however is not so happy. She hates the interface and navigation and is having hard time using DTV. She wants me to switch back to Uverse.

She loved Tivo in the day so I've been researching that on DTV hoping this may be the answer.
I see many problems with it which I think we could deal with but not the missing Cinema.
So does anyone have a working Cinema or Cinema plus? She would need network TV plus HBO on demand etc.

I would hate to leave DTV and pay the early termination fees but if she insists I will have no choice as a happy wife is a happy home

Thanks

Can't answer your question but be aware that if you got a DIRECTV TiVo that it can't take part in the Whole Home DVR function, you can't play recordings from the HR34.

What exactly doesn't she like about the interface and navigation, maybe folks here can help with alternatives/solutions for you?

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#3 OFFLINE   litzdog911

litzdog911

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 11,600 posts
  • LocationMill Creek, WA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:53 AM

Haven't seen any successful experiences with OnDemand downloads on the THR22.
HD DVRs: HR34-700; HR24-500; (2) HR20-700 + WD eSATA 1TB drive/Antec MX1 case; HR21-700; HR21-200 w/AM21
Receivers: H25-500 HD Receiver; H21-100 HD Receiver
Mobile Devices: Nomad

Additional equipment configuration details

Sun & moon help site your satellite dish

#4 OFFLINE   noroll

noroll

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:17 PM

RAD,

Yeah I'm aware of that but I thought after she watched her HR34 recorded shows that may be a plus. We don't have much of anything TV wise we do together and her not being a power user I think it would be great to keep our programs separated.

I do find navigating more difficult with DTV, to many button pushes to accomplish things (for instance to view on demand) She is just very confused with the whole thing.
While I agree, I have no problem and will pick it up soon I'm sure.

I'm hoping she can pick it up soon too but it doesn't look good.

litzdog,

Thanks for the response. I was afraid that would be the answer.
It looked like the threads had slowed down with this issue so I was hoping a fix was coming.

Looks like the Tivo won't work either

Thanks again guys

#5 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,998 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 12 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

For on demand, if you know which channel you want just put a 1 in front of the normal channel, like HBO which is 501 the on demand is channel 1501.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#6 OFFLINE   sbl

sbl

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 848 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:35 PM

The THR22 has no trouble finding OnDemand shows, and will tell you it has added one to the queue. But your chance of actually getting something to download is near zero.

Steve

My Setup

#7 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 707 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

The THR22 has no trouble finding OnDemand shows, and will tell you it has added one to the queue. But your chance of actually getting something to download is near zero.

What about music videos from fuse or MTV2 on demand.....do those not download properly either? Or is the issue with programs 1/2 hour or longer in length...whether they are in HD or SD?

#8 OFFLINE   speedy4022

speedy4022

Legend

• Registered
  • 231 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:17 AM

I can download on demand and cinema sometimes but it is hit or miss.
Mike
Directv user since 96 :)

#9 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Why I have a feeling that TiVo users are alone on this thread?, I know this a TiVo hardware and software, But shouldn't be treated any different from the rest.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#10 OFFLINE   noroll

noroll

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:02 AM

Why I have a feeling that TiVo users are alone on this thread?, I know this a TiVo hardware and software, But shouldn't be treated any different from the rest.

I'm not normally a conspiracy theory guy but somethings not right here I'd agree.

This seems to be a across the board problem with Tivo and I'm not sure DTV has even acknowledged it, much less fixed it. (Maybe Tivo must fix it but DTV is selling it)

It does look to me that DTV doesn't care and would rather sell DTV branded boxes.

Or I could be all wrong...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...