Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

HR34 Recordings disappeared

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   spartacvs

spartacvs

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:04 PM

I hope somebody in here can give answers because Directv has no clue what happened.

I have an HR34 and the recordings just disappeared from my list without me deleting it. When I left, I saw that there was about 40% free space then when I came back and checked the recordings it went up to 77% free space. I checked my recorded shows and most of them are gone, I tried to reset the HR34 to no avail. This isn't the first time that has happened to me, the last time was about 3 months ago, the recordings also disappeared. Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,826 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:54 PM

Do you have an external hard drive attached?

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#3 OFFLINE   spartacvs

spartacvs

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:03 PM

No external hard drive attached.

#4 OFFLINE   carl6

carl6

Hall Of Fame

• Moderators
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:46 PM

What type of recordings were lost? Were they regular recordings from normal channels you subscribe to, or were they pay per view or on-demand programs? Sometimes there are limits on how long an on-demand or ppv will remain on your DVR.

Also, if you have whole-home, make sure you haven't changed the local/all setting on what DVRs you can see. However, that shouldn't have an impact on open space.

#5 OFFLINE   spartacvs

spartacvs

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 07:52 PM

What type of recordings were lost? Were they regular recordings from normal channels you subscribe to, or were they pay per view or on-demand programs? Sometimes there are limits on how long an on-demand or ppv will remain on your DVR.

Also, if you have whole-home, make sure you haven't changed the local/all setting on what DVRs you can see. However, that shouldn't have an impact on open space.

Just network and cables shows no PPV or on-demand.

#6 OFFLINE   Datagg

Datagg

Legend

• Registered
  • 247 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:15 AM

Did you make sure your tv was on.. LOL, just kidding.... i had that happen a few times when i got my HR34... no answers to why. Things only got worse from there. My best guess was a defective hard drive. New unit fired up a couple of days ago, all working great at this point.

#7 OFFLINE   spartacvs

spartacvs

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:41 AM

Is it possible if I can request a new HR34?

#8 OFFLINE   Supramom2000

Supramom2000

In Loving Memory of Onyx-2/23/09

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationSpokane, WA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:30 PM

Is it possible if I can request a new HR34?

I would think if you called both times after losing recordings, you have a solid case for new equipment.

"But the freedom that they fought for, and the country grand they wrought for, is their monument today, and for aye." "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave."

My Setup

#9 OFFLINE   NR4P

NR4P

Dad

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,907 posts
  • LocationSunny Florida

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

I think Carl6 may have the answer. I've had things disappear after a year.

#10 ONLINE   inkahauts

inkahauts

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,120 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

Do a menu reset and see if they come back.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...