Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

C31 Mini Genie Client 0x0710/711/716 - Issues/Discussion

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,862 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Receivers included in this release:
C31 Mini Genie Client

Release notes:http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=212823

We ask that you keep polite and focused within this thread, and post as much detail as possible. If your receiver is set up for network issue reporting, please post the key generated by the receiver.

Being part of the DBSTalk community means working together to help each other document issues and come up with solutions. While everyone gets upset from time to time, this is not the appropriate place for vents or rants. All off-topic posts and discussion will be deleted.

Thanks!

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:13 PM

Stuttering/freezes watching live. Had a show where it was freezing for a fraction of second repeatedly (every couple of seconds) at the end of the buffer/live. One hit of skip backward and it stopped doing it. Brief pause also works.

#3 OFFLINE   tahoejunk

tahoejunk

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:50 AM

Even after the most recent upgrade to 0x0711 still having problems with audio sync (delayed). The C31 is connected directly to the TV via HDMI. A simple menu reset of the C31 will clear the problem but it seems to come back after 24-36 hours or so. Have also tried resettting the Genie.

#4 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:17 AM

Stuttering/freezes watching live. Had a show where it was freezing for a fraction of second repeatedly (every couple of seconds) at the end of the buffer/live. One hit of skip backward and it stopped doing it. Brief pause also works.

Doing it again right now. Face the Nation on CBS OTA (channel 4-1 in Minneapolis) - live.

~4 seconds of freeze followed by 1/4-1/2 second of audio/video. Has been repeating constantly for at least 5 minutes.

Toggling pause for a couple of seconds doesn't fix it. One skip back did.

#5 OFFLINE   PeterB

PeterB

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:36 PM

Found an issue where the receiver resets all the available resolutions to just 480i/p only if the TV is turned off an receiver is left on. TV is connected HDMI. If you turn both off at once it seems to be fine.

Also, hitting 30skip when already live seems causes the video to stop playing and not start unless you leave the channel and come back.

#6 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 04:38 PM

I was using 30SLIP and most the time it worked fine. I could even hit skip several times quickly and it would add them up like it's suppose to.

Lately it seems to intermittently decide that multiple skips mean skip to the next marker or end (like a skip does while in FF).

Going back to using 30SKIP.

#7 OFFLINE   unixguru

unixguru

Godfather

• Registered
  • 572 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 05:28 PM

Several times a day the remote becomes unresponsive for several minutes. Seems to be happening for people on HR34 as well so probably not a problem specific to the C31.

#8 OFFLINE   wease

wease

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

If i connect it will it work out of the box or do i have to call dtv to activate it.
Thanks

#9 OFFLINE   PeterB

PeterB

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Lately mine have been over-responding to remote commands, pressing down once the receiver decides it was 10 presses.

#10 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,986 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 29 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

If i connect it will it work out of the box or do i have to call dtv to activate it.
Thanks

You need to call DIRECTV and have them add a Genie mine client (C31) to the account.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

#11 OFFLINE   terrelliott

terrelliott

Godfather

• Registered
  • 461 posts
  • LocationCockrum, MS

Posted 08 April 2013 - 03:04 PM

Using Vizio Tv model VO32L HDTV10A.
When turning on TV and client I sometimes get the message "not support" on the screen. Then the client will turn off the resolutions 480i and 720p. I can re-enable them, but the next time "not support" occurs they are disabled again. I almost always have my tv on NFL network (212) and this happens ALL THE TIME on this channel.
I can turn both TV and client off, then back on and it will start working, or I can change channels and sometimes that will get it to work.
I am also experiencing the 30skip in live tv freezing the screen and will not release unless I change channels.
Vizio VF551XVT 55" LED 1080p with Harmony 890 Pro
HR34-700 Genie via HDMI x 2 Genie Clients + HR21-200

#12 OFFLINE   PeterB

PeterB

Legend

• Registered
  • 220 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 08:12 AM

Still having to reset resolutions almost daily on one set, and getting frequent "your tv does not support content protection" messages on another. Both seem to happen when the TV is off, or when switched to a different input other than the HDMI the client is plugged into. It seems like the client is constantly probing the TV for its resolutions.

Also noticing frequent 1/2 second pauses on random channels.

#13 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

Still have issues pausing live or recorded shows from both of my (2) Genie Clients.  If I hit "pause" the display shows like it is going to pause but doesn't.  If I don't hit any other buttons the show will finally pause like 5 minutes or more later after I had hit the pause button.  So it's like there is a massive delay in the actual pause function.  Don't seem to have any issues with other playback functions.  Keep hoping there will be an update coming soon to fix this.  Does anyone else have this problem or know of a fix or when might be released?  I've had this issue for months...

Edited by keebler21, 23 May 2013 - 10:04 AM.

#14 OFFLINE   BNUMM

BNUMM

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:33 PM

Using Vizio Tv model VO32L HDTV10A.
When turning on TV and client I sometimes get the message "not support" on the screen. Then the client will turn off the resolutions 480i and 720p. I can re-enable them, but the next time "not support" occurs they are disabled again. I almost always have my tv on NFL network (212) and this happens ALL THE TIME on this channel.
I can turn both TV and client off, then back on and it will start working, or I can change channels and sometimes that will get it to work.
I am also experiencing the 30skip in live tv freezing the screen and will not release unless I change channels.

Experienced the freezing with the 30 second skip at a customers house. Did it on all 3 clients but not the Genie. Tried another Genie but still got freezing on clients.  Changed to 30 second slip and that worked fine

#15 OFFLINE   eileen22

eileen22

Godfather

• Registered
  • 373 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia, PA

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Have seen this issue on two of my three clients, I don't use the third one, so not sure about it. When I pause a live program, then try to skip forward to go live again, the client instead rewinds back to the beginning of the buffer. Then I try to FF to end, and it becomes unresponsive. It will freeze either before starting to FF, or will freeze when I try to stop the FF. I haven't been able to determine a pattern of what actions unfreeze it, or if it is just time passing and the client catching up to the button presses. Many times it has taken me two or more tries, each time having it rewinding back to the beginning of the buffer before I can get back to live TV. It almost seems like once I pause something, I can't get back to live TV without changing the channel to clear the buffer. If I want to keep the buffer, I need to make sure I don't FF all the way to the end, or it will just rewind again.

Anyone else see this? I'm fairly new to the Genie & clients. So far, this is the only thing that I don't like, but it happens quite frequently.

#16 OFFLINE   keebler21

keebler21

Mentor

• Registered
  • 81 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 18 June 2013 - 08:00 AM

Have seen this issue on two of my three clients, I don't use the third one, so not sure about it. When I pause a live program, then try to skip forward to go live again, the client instead rewinds back to the beginning of the buffer. Then I try to FF to end, and it becomes unresponsive. It will freeze either before starting to FF, or will freeze when I try to stop the FF. I haven't been able to determine a pattern of what actions unfreeze it, or if it is just time passing and the client catching up to the button presses. Many times it has taken me two or more tries, each time having it rewinding back to the beginning of the buffer before I can get back to live TV. It almost seems like once I pause something, I can't get back to live TV without changing the channel to clear the buffer. If I want to keep the buffer, I need to make sure I don't FF all the way to the end, or it will just rewind again.

Anyone else see this? I'm fairly new to the Genie & clients. So far, this is the only thing that I don't like, but it happens quite frequently.

I have issues similar to this and slow response issues, like sometimes when I try to just open the guide it will go to a black screen and just show the live tv feed in the corner and the guide never comes up or is very slow - so I'll have to exit and re-try it and sometimes to the extent of turning off the genie and turning it back on to get it to work properly.  Also have issues pausing still like I've stated before...

#17 OFFLINE   MattWarner

MattWarner

Legend

• Registered
  • 257 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:05 PM

Panasonic TC-26LX70 - When turning on TV and C31 with the remote at the same time, I always get a black screen.  No video or audio.  Turning off C31 OR TV and back on resolves the problem.  I believe this is a HDMI/HDCP handshake issue.  Happens 90% of the time for me.

Edited by MattWarner, 02 July 2013 - 07:46 PM.

#18 OFFLINE   haas

haas

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 36 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

Don't see a C-41 issue section. This should be added to it.

http://www.dbstalk.c...oaudio-isssues/

#19 OFFLINE   adamson

adamson

Godfather

• Registered
  • 510 posts
  • LocationN Central Florida

Posted 31 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

C41-500

Reports incorrect mac address to LAN, router, etc.

From John Ha at Humax:

"This is not a defect but a known software bug which Directv has announced a fix to address this issue with a software update to be released shortly."

So known like really? Not even a peep of it here? Yes the device is quite new and issue may have not been software related, as to why I brought this up in the first place. I made mention of this in the General forum Tuesday. Yes its minor to most everyone here I suppose. Another thing, Directv 2nd level tech support knows nothing of it either or anybody there that I talked to.

My C41-100 is reporting mac address correctly btw.

I am unsure if this is really software related because the genie server/system info display page receives the mac address correctly from the client C41-500. ANYONE SEEING WHAT I DO? Caps used because not a one of you seem to even want to look for me...as usual!!!!

HR44-700 C41W-100 C41W-100, Choice Package, NFL ST, Distant Networks ABC CBS NBC FOX East/West

#20 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,986 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 01 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

I am unsure if this is really software related because the genie server/system info display page receives the mac address correctly from the client C41-500. ANYONE SEEING WHAT I DO? Caps used because not a one of you seem to even want to look for me...as usual!!!!

It could just be that the C41-500 in the field is fairly new so not a lot of folks have one, I know I don't.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

spam firewall