Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

ox4235- bunch of crap!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dudester

dudester

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 04:56 PM

Watched my h20-100 last night got up this morning to find searching for sat signal 771. Reset by remote, pulled power and red button rest. All individiul resets. When box boots back up it searchs for a few seconds, picks it up and loads. When the box trys to display picture immediatly goes to search for sat signal. Looked and found sure enough a new software update last night at 2.30 am. Unhooked hdmi and plugged in componet connections, reset by red button and viola, it is back on with componets. If Direct isnt going to upgrade a older working devise without locking in a commitment, then quit throwing software updates at them. I could care less about youtube and Pandora crap on my STB. I have 8 other boxes and yes i have had issues with a hr21 right after software update. I had to put that one on componets until the video came back then was able to go back gto HDMI. I would rather go with componet connections but most sets nowdays only come with one set and several hdmi connections. Had to vent, but i may have to do the switch to dish , just for the new discounts and YES FREE FOR LIFE HD ( it was just advertised again two days ago) and fresh equipment.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   PCampbell

PCampbell

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

Replacing a bad box will not start a new commitment. Thay are not sending out H20s any more so whatever you get will be newer.

DirecTV since 1996

Slimline 5 SWM 16
HR24-100
HR24-500
HR24-500

HR44-500
ATT uverse internet

#3 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,906 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:11 PM

If you're trying to say that the software download broke your box, that's extraordinarily unlikely. I'm a little confused by what you're saying... that you're getting 771 errors when hooked up via HDMI and not when hooked up via component?
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#4 OFFLINE   dudester

dudester

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:34 PM

If you're trying to say that the software download broke your box, that's extraordinarily unlikely. I'm a little confused by what you're saying... that you're getting 771 errors when hooked up via HDMI and not when hooked up via component?

Yes the only way to get the box back on was to go to componets. Have not went back to hdmi on this particular box yet.I had no hicups from this box until this morning and the last thing done to this box was the auto update. I haver had 3 issues with my hr21 that I have had no video after software updates. only way to start the video back up was to switch to componets and then after two days go back to hdmi connection. I had a brand new hr20 back in 2007 that drove me nutrs trying to start it up . Had no signal. When i moved it to a short connection right by my multiswitch it would boot up.( it wasnt connected to the tv ). I would put it back and connect the tv and cable and the box would not boot up. It was the hdmi connection.

Edited by dudester, 12 February 2013 - 05:46 PM.

#5 OFFLINE   dudester

dudester

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:35 PM

Replacing a bad box will not start a new commitment. Thay are not sending out H20s any more so whatever you get will be newer.

Yes they are still sending h20's. Got this one a few months ago as a replacement. and had another differant box go out after this one and they sent me two h20's that both had a sqreeching noise. To get the h21 i had to have a tech come out and replace it since they do not carry h20's. Sorry if that sounded confusing I have 9 boxes.

#6 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:37 PM

If you have a problem, call them. Replacement receivers do not trigger new commitments. Only upgrades do.
DTV = Digital Television

#7 OFFLINE   johnp37

johnp37

Icon

• Registered
  • 537 posts
  • LocationCentral NJ

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:50 PM

And you know this how??
I pick things up and I put them down

#8 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

And you know this how??

It has been discussed here. They are the oldest of the HR's and have been phased out.
DTV = Digital Television

#9 OFFLINE   dudester

dudester

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 05:56 PM

Sorry about the confusion. I am having to type and work on this box with my wrist in a brace from surgury so that added a little to the fustration.
Its working great now with the component connections and actually i think it has a better picture than it did with hdmi.

#10 OFFLINE   dudester

dudester

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:01 PM

It has been discussed here. They are the oldest of the HR's and have been phased out.

I got in a argument with the csr over sending the h20. Evidently they still have them, at least back in october. She recommended the tech call since they didnt carry them on the truck so i would get another.My 20's that went out last year look to have went from heat. The cards were heat soaked brown.
The tech call was another issue since it triggered a follow up quality check to make sure he did his job.

#11 OFFLINE   Hoosier205

Hoosier205

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,596 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:14 PM

I got in a argument with the csr over sending the h20. Evidently they still have them, at least back in october. She recommended the tech call since they didnt carry them on the truck so i would get another.My 20's that went out last year look to have went from heat. The cards were heat soaked brown.
The tech call was another issue since it triggered a follow up quality check to make sure he did his job.

I'm not sure why you got into an argument over an HR20 though.
DTV = Digital Television

#12 OFFLINE   ndole

ndole

Problem Solver

• Registered
  • 1,903 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:32 PM

I'm pretty sure he's talking about an H20, not an HR20. If his other H20's died from heat, they were probably H20-600s.
If that's the case, there's certainly no risk of the H20-100 ever getting Pandora or Youtube :lol:

I think he's pretty safe on not getting an H20 as a replacement either ;)
"He that is good for making excuses is seldom good for anything else."

Protected By... spam firewall...And...