Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Half Price for Premium Channels

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tommiet

tommiet

Godfather

• Registered
  • 312 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

To save money, I as going to remove my movie channels.
When I made my selection and selected "check out" I was prompted to keep them for 1/2 price for 6 months.

You have nothing to lose trying it as you can cancel the transaction if you don't get the prompt!
**** HARDWARE *****
2 Dish Hoppers (Gave up trying to get a Joey to work)
VIZIO 55” and 48" TruLED LCD 3D HDTV with VIZIO
JVC HDI RX-D402B Receiver
2 SLINGBOX PRO'S

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Wilf

Wilf

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:24 AM

At the end of the six months the price will double, and Dish is hoping you will forget.

#3 OFFLINE   dmspen

dmspen

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,381 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 09:09 AM

At the end of 6 months they go back to regular price. I received a package in the mail saying that premium channels are 1/2 price for 6 months to on-going long time DISH customers.

#4 OFFLINE   joyandjerry

joyandjerry

AllStar

• Registered
  • 59 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:19 AM

We have AEP (and have had it for nearly nine years) and got Cinemax for a year for a penny, and the other premiums half price. The rep told me to call back when the six mos. were up, and they would offer me something else.

If you don't ask, the answer is always no.
JOY

Walking a fine line between intellectual curiosity and information overload!

#5 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:10 AM

At the end of the six months the price will double, and Dish is hoping you will forget.

I went into my account at mydish.com several months ago and set the preference to discontinue at the end of the offer. Offer ended a week or so ago and it discontinued just as expected. (I've since resubscribed at half price :) )

#6 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,321 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 13 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

When I made my selection and selected "check out" I was prompted to keep them for 1/2 price for 6 months.

You have nothing to lose trying it as you can cancel the transaction if you don't get the prompt!

This is why I think this Forum is the best!

Thanks for posting. It worked for me, assuming my next bill shows the credit.

And I did not get this offer in the mail.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#7 OFFLINE   domingos35

domingos35

Icon

• Registered
  • 536 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:45 PM

thats your fault if you forget

#8 OFFLINE   MadScientist

MadScientist

Godfather

• Registered
  • 256 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:59 PM

It worked thanks! So if I had the AEP it then changed to the 250 is this right? I am guessing that after 6m it goes back to the AEP?

#9 OFFLINE   mike1977

mike1977

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:29 PM

I went into my account at mydish.com several months ago and set the preference to discontinue at the end of the offer. Offer ended a week or so ago and it discontinued just as expected. (I've since resubscribed at half price :) )

I resubscribed too at half price for Cinemax. I got 6 months when I called at the time Dish and AMC were fighting. And a couple days ago it finally accepted another request for Cinemax.

#10 OFFLINE   mike1977

mike1977

Legend

• Registered
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 01:37 PM

Offer for subscribing to the others (Starz and Sho) ends 17th. How have they been with snipes lately during movies and are they still showing promos during a movie's end credits?

#11 OFFLINE   John79605

John79605

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 02:05 PM

Offer for subscribing to the others (Starz and Sho) ends 17th. How have they been with snipes lately during movies and are they still showing promos during a movie's end credits?

Showtime is very bad about interrupting closing credits. That was a pet peeve of mine for years; I dropped Sho in December.

#12 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 10:50 AM

I allready have it. In September I'll drop STARZ to save money.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#13 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,084 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 11:00 AM

This is why I think this Forum is the best!

Thanks for posting. It worked for me, assuming my next bill shows the credit.

And I did not get this offer in the mail.

I saw on a Dish insert. The next day I asked a DIRT and I got it!

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#14 OFFLINE   CeeWoo

CeeWoo

Godfather

• Registered
  • 336 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 01:01 PM

I've been subbing to one or another of the 1/2 price premiums (HBO/Sho/Starz/Blockbuster) for about 2 yrs or so now. Sometimes resubscribing to one when my 6 months ends, sometimes changing to one of the others (and a time or two getting a couple of them at once).

At this point, I don't know if I would sub to any of them at full price-that's just me though

spam firewall