Welcome to DBSTalk
- Start new topics and reply to others
- Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
- Get your own profile page and make new friends
- Send personal messages to other members.
programming a remote
Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:01 PM
Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:22 PM
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.
Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:06 PM
Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:23 PM
If it is an RC65X or RC65RX it will have the newest codes. It is also possible for the receiver to have a newer code and put it in those remotes. None of the older remotes are capable of that action.
DirecTV customer since 1996 - Current :Slimline 3 SWM, HR24-100 HDMI to 32" Sharp LED,
HR24-100 Component cables to 46" Samsung LCD & Optical Cable to Yamaha AVR, H21-200 HDMI to Yamaha AVR & HDMI to 52" Mitsubishi LCD
Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:01 PM
You could do a codesearch by volume, with tv on, volume up but muted:
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 9 9 1, wait two blinks
4. enter 1
5. press and release VOL UP
6. point the remote at the tv and keep pressing and releasing the CH UP key, if and when the volume changes
7. press select to lock in code
Remember there are over 300 brands of tv, many having more then one code, so give it time.