Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Mass nuking of OTA timers

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   tigerwillow1

tigerwillow1

Legend

• Registered
  • 128 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 11:23 PM

Something horrible happened to my OTA timers on a 722. I think I know what led to it, but I really don't want to test the theory because it took a long time to recover from it. I was watching a show on an OTA subchannel that doesn't have guide data, and wanted to record it, so I hit the "record" key. A few hours later I saw it was still recording. No big surprise there with no guide data. I told it to stop recording, which it did, and all seemed well. The recording was named "digital service". Then the disaster hit.

After that, no more OTA shows were recorded. Every single one was skipped, with the reason being something like "skipped by user". What I'm thinking is since "digital service" has no end time, recording it caused all future OTA recordings to be skipped. Making it even worse, I couldn't find any way to restore the timers except one show at a time, and one day at a time. This got old really fast, and I ended up deleting every OTA timer and then restoring them. Fiddling with priorities didn't help. Is there any way to restore more than one skipped event at a time? That would have helped a lot.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

Protected By... spam firewall...And...