Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Wireless Box or Alternate Option RFI

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   fricafresh

fricafresh

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

To whom It may concern:

Does DirectTV offer any kind of wireless box solution?

I have searched to the best of my noobish abilities this forum as well as the standard intrawebs and couldn't find a solution to my issue:

I currently am running the following equipment:
HR24-200 In the living room
H25-100 In master bedroom
I also have the Whole Home DVR with the small coax box rig which I don’t know the name for.

I have had service for roughly a year for whatever that’s worth.

My issue is that the location of the TV is on the interior wall of the master while the coax cable comes in from the opposite side of the room (exterior wall).

This was previously a non-issue as we had old baseboards and carpet so the coax run could be stapled to the base and then hidden whenever possible.

We now have new hardwood floors and baseboards which makes the current situation less than optimal.

The ceilings are all vaulted in our one story house so attic runs are not possible either.

Let me know if anyone has any ideas as to what I can/should do.

Thank you very much for your time,

FF

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:49 PM

You could have run it under the hardwood flooring before they installed it, or around the peremiter of the room next to the hardwood before they installed the baseboards. Do you have a basement or crawlspace under the bedroom? If not I'm not sure you have many options at this time. Some believe that DirecTV may offer a WiFi RVU client in the future, but there hasn't been any real proof of that yet.
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#3 OFFLINE   rprenove

rprenove

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:58 PM

The following product should satisfy your needs:
http://www.actiontec...uct.php?pid=219

#4 OFFLINE   dettxw

dettxw

MRVing

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,004 posts
  • LocationChoctaw, OK

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

There is an unsupported DirecTV wireless option that some of us use. For me it solves the problem of a lack of cable drop in the master bath closet (for feeding the TV in the master bath on the other side of the wall). It works well if you have a good wireless network but DirecTV won't install it for you or help with problems, you have to set it up yourself.

An HR34 RVU server (Genie), C31 RVU client, and Wireless Cinema Connection Kit (WCCK) are required. These can be obtained through Solid Signal (for advance less payments on the HR34 & C31, and purchase of the WCCK) or DirecTV for whatever deal you can get (YMMV).

The C31 connects to your HDTV via HDMI (or component cables using the optional dongle). The WCCK and C31 use DirecTV Ethernet Over Coax (DECA) to communicate over their coax connection. The WCCK acts as a wireless bridge to connect the C31 to your network and the HR34 RVU server.

The HR34 does all the tuning and menu formatting and sends the information over ethernet to the C31 via the network/wireless router/WCCK, and remote commands go back the other way.

-Steve- Subscriber since Sept 1998  My Complete Setup

SWM16 / HR44-500 (2TB & AM21) / HR34-700 (3TB & AM21) / HR24-500 (2TB eSATA) / C31 via WCCK / C41 x2 / C41W / H25-700

#5 OFFLINE   lesz

lesz

Legend

• Registered
  • 216 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

The following product should satisfy your needs:
http://www.actiontec...uct.php?pid=219

I've been using that Actiontec wireless transmitter for about a year and a half. It works great. If there is any image quality loss, it is small enough that I can't see it. There are just two small boxes, one at the DIRECTV receiver and one at the TV. A nice bonus is that it can also be used to transmit signals from a BluRay player and any other device with an HDMI output.

spam firewall