Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

The Walking Dead OAD 02/10/2013 "The Suicide King"

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:48 PM

Ok great episode love how they rescued Daryl and sad to see him leave the group. My biggest pet peeve with the episode was the way Glen was acting. Maggie was not raped, sure she was humiliated and what not but the Governor did not rape her. she even told Glen that. I take it he does not believe her, that is the only way to justify the way he is acting. he is pushing her away with that attitude and I just do not like the direction that storyline is taking.

Also what is up with Rick. Is the leadership role taking it's toll on him? First it was imaginary phone calls, then he hallucinates a gun man as Shane and now the mysterious womanly figure at the top of the cell block. Whats up with that?

Either way I can not wait for next weeks episode is it Sunday yet?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,268 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

Maggie was raped by the Governor. She lied to Glen to protect him (basically to keep him from going ballistic and getting himself killed).

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

#3 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:33 PM

Maggie was raped by the Governor. She lied to Glen to protect him (basically to keep him from going ballistic and getting himself killed).

- Merg

Uh unless it happened off camera no she was not raped. All the Govoner did was make her take her shirt and bra off, he then laid herr down on the table and bent her over but he did not rape her. In fact when they reunite her with Glen she has no shirt on but still has her pants on.

I had to go back and rewatch the mid season finale and it happened as i described.

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,117 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:35 PM

Uh unless it happened off camera no she was not raped. All the Govoner did was make her take her shirt and bra off, he then laid herr down on the table and bent her over but he did not rape her. In fact when they reunite her with Glen she has no shirt on but still has her pants on.

I had to go back and rewatch the mid season finale and it happened as i described.

You're right, he didn't - I just watched the episode a couple of days ago.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

Came across an ep that I think was a few weeks old at least, just to see what all the excitement was about. I had watched a few S1's and it was just warmed-over Romero but I figured it must be way better now. So I want to give it the benefit of the doubt.

A bunch of desperate people walking through the woods. Some kind of romantic entanglements and angst worthy of a bad soap. More walking through the woods. More talk. Then more talk. Arguments about where to go. They're looking for some girl.

They split up. Some boy walks towards a deer. Uh-oh. Ominous music builds. Don't take one more step, kid! Surprise, kid shot. Lassie, show us where Timmie is! Oops, no Lassie, so dad has to run to farmhouse doc with kid. "He's still breathing, good thing Lassie...er..Dad got him in time!"

Dad is verklempt. More talking. Doc will try to save him. More commercials, more talking.

Finally towards the end of the show the writers snap out of their 1950's Lassie/Hardy Boys/Spin and Marty haze and go...OH CRAP...isn't this show supposed to be about ZOMBIES? Quick, make the other party get zombied up bad! Let's use a baseball bat this time!

Ep ends.

Now I get why this show is so popular. When it's over, the relief comes on like this huge pleasure rush!

#6 OFFLINE   cj9788

cj9788

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:10 PM

Came across an ep that I think was a few weeks old at least, just to see what all the excitement was about. I had watched a few S1's and it was just warmed-over Romero but I figured it must be way better now. So I want to give it the benefit of the doubt.

A bunch of desperate people walking through the woods. Some kind of romantic entanglements and angst worthy of a bad soap. More walking through the woods. More talk. Then more talk. Arguments about where to go. They're looking for some girl.

They split up. Some boy walks towards a deer. Uh-oh. Ominous music builds. Don't take one more step, kid! Surprise, kid shot. Lassie, show us where Timmie is! Oops, no Lassie, so dad has to run to farmhouse doc with kid. "He's still breathing, good thing Lassie...er..Dad got him in time!"

Dad is verklempt. More talking. Doc will try to save him. More commercials, more talking.

Finally towards the end of the show the writers snap out of their 1950's Lassie/Hardy Boys/Spin and Marty haze and go...OH CRAP...isn't this show supposed to be about ZOMBIES? Quick, make the other party get zombied up bad! Let's use a baseball bat this time!

Ep ends.

Now I get why this show is so popular. When it's over, the relief comes on like this huge pleasure rush!

This from the guy who thinks/thought "Whitney" was good television.

To each his own, but what you described is not what I saw when watching it. I am not alone over 12 million people watched the mid season premier of The Walking Dead.

#7 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 14,117 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:13 PM

To each his own, but what you described is not what I saw when watching it. I am not alone over 12 million people watched the mid season premier of The Walking Dead.

He didn't even describe the episode in the topic title. Just report for thread crapping.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#8 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:28 PM

!rolling

#9 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

Good night dear Smoke... love you & "got your butt...&a

• Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

Ok great episode love how they rescued Daryl and sad to see him leave the group. My biggest pet peeve with the episode was the way Glen was acting. Maggie was not raped, sure she was humiliated and what not but the Governor did not rape her. she even told Glen that. I take it he does not believe her, that is the only way to justify the way he is acting. he is pushing her away with that attitude and I just do not like the direction that storyline is taking.

Also what is up with Rick. Is the leadership role taking it's toll on him? First it was imaginary phone calls, then he hallucinates a gun man as Shane and now the mysterious womanly figure at the top of the cell block. Whats up with that?

Either way I can not wait for next weeks episode is it Sunday yet?

<SPOILER ALERT>

Missy and I are big fans of TWD. We thought this was a great episode. However, there were several things about it that we thought were poorly thought out.
1. The town folk were screaming for blood and death before and during Daryl and Merle's fight. But after Rick and crew attack they wanted out into the zombie world because now it wasn't safe inside anymore.
2. Town folk started after the Governor, banging on his abode, angry and defiant. Then Andrea comes along and gives a cliched kumbaya speech and everyone is joining hands and almost putting daises in their hair. This really wasn't good.
Rick is starting to emulate Shane, hallucinating Lori ( speculation is she isn't dead) and generally is on his way to a major overthrow by the rest of the his peeps.
There are other weak points but overall it was enjoyable.
Thanks to Google search, people can appear to be smarter than they really are.

#10 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,902 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

A reminder of forum rules:

Don’t “thread crap.”
Thread crapping means posting negative comments in threads created by fans of a show, simply to anger them. This does not mean you cannot be critical of a show, but it must be constructive criticism.

Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#11 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

I agree that this wasn't one of the stronger episodes. Rick is starting to aggravate me a bit.

#12 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

<SPOILER ALERT>

Missy and I are big fans of TWD. We thought this was a great episode. However, there were several things about it that we thought were poorly thought out.
1. The town folk were screaming for blood and death before and during Daryl and Merle's fight. But after Rick and crew attack they wanted out into the zombie world because now it wasn't safe inside anymore.
2. Town folk started after the Governor, banging on his abode, angry and defiant. Then Andrea comes along and gives a cliched kumbaya speech and everyone is joining hands and almost putting daises in their hair. This really wasn't good.
Rick is starting to emulate Shane, hallucinating Lori ( speculation is she isn't dead) and generally is on his way to a major overthrow by the rest of the his peeps.
There are other weak points but overall it was enjoyable.

Lori is dead. Whoever is speculating otherwise is not in their right mind. But if the writers actually bring Lori back as though she never died, this show would lose a lot of credibility. That's just too far-fetched.
<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>
DIRECTV Since August 2002. Thanks for DLB & MRV DIRECTV!

NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan since 2004 Go KC Chiefs!

#13 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:20 PM

Lori is dead. Whoever is speculating otherwise is not in their right mind. But if the writers actually bring Lori back as though she never died, this show would lose a lot of credibility. That's just too far-fetched.

I agree. But Kevin Smith (Comic Book Men), who was on Talking Dead, even believes Lori is still alive. Personally I hope she is most sincerely dead, we came to dislike her character very much.

#14 OFFLINE   oldschoolecw

oldschoolecw

HarpoonIPA

• Registered
  • 1,513 posts
  • LocationHalifax, MA

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:21 PM

I agree that this wasn't one of the stronger episodes. Rick is starting to aggravate me a bit.

Agreed about Rick he is being such a Richard
The Walking Dead is my favorite show on TV, but I hated this episode and I imagine it will drive many newbie's away. And I should be happy I got my power back after 2 days without power and house temp got down too 48° power came on about 2 hours before this episode.

LG Cinema Screen 47LM7600
Pioneer VSX-1120
X1 unit and yes it's Comcastic
Comcast Triple Play

#15 OFFLINE   Charise

Charise

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 885 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:32 PM

I agree. But Kevin Smith (Comic Book Men), who was on Talking Dead, even believes Lori is still alive. Personally I hope she is most sincerely dead, we came to dislike her character very much.

Kevin didn't have a lot of "facts" straight, so I wouldn't go by what he said. Carl shot her in the head (which, of course, wasn't shown). But I agree that if they bring her back, that misdirection will cost them a viewer. That would be worse than Bobby in the shower (original Dallas for those too young to remember)!

#16 OFFLINE   BubblePuppy

BubblePuppy

• Registered
  • 5,261 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 04:44 PM

Kevin didn't have a lot of "facts" straight, so I wouldn't go by what he said. Carl shot her in the head (which, of course, wasn't shown). But I agree that if they bring her back, that misdirection will cost them a viewer. That would be worse than Bobby in the shower (original Dallas for those too young to remember)!

Or Carl didn't really shoot her and did a Herschel and has Zombie Lori stashed somewhere. Either way Lori is dead.

#17 OFFLINE   hbkbiggestfan

hbkbiggestfan

Godfather

• Registered
  • 407 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 05:12 PM

Kevin didn't have a lot of "facts" straight...

Yeah, he referred to Shane as "Shawn" at one point hahaha
<Living Room HR34-700-Networked Wireless CCK*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Vizio E601i-a3 60" 1080p LED HDTV> <Master Bedroom HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL*HDMI-Olevia 37" LCD HDTV>
<Man Cave HR24-100-Networked COAX*-w/ LiL-HDMI-Samsung 46" LN46B530 1080p LCD HDTV> *Linksys Router <Backup Equipment HR22-100, H21-200, R15 and SD DIRECTiVo>
DIRECTV Since August 2002. Thanks for DLB & MRV DIRECTV!

NFL Sunday Ticket + Superfan since 2004 Go KC Chiefs!

#18 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,846 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:06 PM

However, there were several things about it that we thought were poorly thought out.

Actually, that was pretty realistic.

The bravery of cowards...

When the townsfolk thought they were safe in Woodbury, they liked seeing other people put into dangerous situations... Rah-rah-let-the "bad" guy have it! But as soon as their own safety is in question, the true colors come out and they run around crazy with "help, not me"...

I would have to go back and re-read... but in the comic, I thought it played more like the townsfolk were just naive while the governor + some henchmen were pure evil... On the TV show, it plays more like the whole town is semi-in on the stuff and is ok as long as they are kept safe.

-- Respect the S.H.I.E.L.D.

#19 OFFLINE   Maruuk

Maruuk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:52 PM

It's great you guys love the show, and I sincerely tried to like it. I like sci-fi in general. And I recounted the show's events fairly. Perhaps I needed to be more constructive: The show simply needs an entire staff of new writers and premise not lifted from every film George Romero ever made.

That said, the casting and acting are pretty good. And the zombie detail work and lore is well-executed. The lead guy at least is compelling, and overall the show does present the emotion of real humans confronting these horrors fairly realistically. And that's no small potatoes.

I respect the show has a huge following and that's great for all involved. Unlike those above, I don't put anybody down for liking the show.

And Whitney is just pretty good, but still uneven. It's watchable at least. Which is saying a lot in this vast TV wasteland of really bad comedies.

If I was to describe TWD to friends, I'd say "It's like Lassie meets the Rifleman with really slow outlaws." To a guy like me, that's not all bad.

Edited by Maruuk, 14 February 2013 - 03:28 AM.

#20 OFFLINE   The Merg

The Merg

1*

• Registered
  • 10,268 posts
  • LocationNorthern VA

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:07 AM

Well, I can understand her having pants on when she was brought in to Glen. I spoke with my smarter half and she agreed with you that she wasn't raped. I totally got that impression though (that it happened off camera).

- Merg

Today's problems don't worry me, I haven't solved yesterday's yet.

SlimLine-3 Dish w/ SWM16 (HD Service / WHDVR) / Full Setup
HR34-700 / Panasonic TC-P50G25 HDTV / HDMI / Networked - DECA / Family Room
HR44-700 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

HR24-100 / Samsung HCM5525W HDTV / Component / Networked - DECA / Bedroom

Protected By... spam firewall...And...