Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Did the monthly DVR service increase for everyone?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Soulweeper

Soulweeper

Icon

• Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 01:49 AM

I just got my new statement tonight, and noticed an increase of $2 for my XTRA package, and a $2 increase in my "Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly" fee. Is this an across the board increase or??

Last month my DVR service was $8

We just upgraded to the HR34, but didn't do the whole home, or any of that bs, so I was told it would stay the same, but it looks like a general increase.

Edited by Soulweeper, 14 February 2013 - 02:09 AM.

DIRECTV since '97
HR44-500 (Leased)
HR24-200 (Owned)
HR24-200 (Owned/spare)

Samsung HLP5063

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,230 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:14 AM

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=211512
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#3 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 07:57 AM

I just got my new statement tonight, and noticed an increase of $2 for my XTRA package, and a $2 increase in my "Advanced Receiver-DVR Monthly" fee. Is this an across the board increase or??

Last month my DVR service was $8

We just upgraded to the HR34, but didn't do the whole home, or any of that bs, so I was told it would stay the same, but it looks like a general increase.

Yes, it increased for everyone.

#4 OFFLINE   Soulweeper

Soulweeper

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 953 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=211512

Thanks....didn't think to search first.:grin: It was late.

DIRECTV since '97
HR44-500 (Leased)
HR24-200 (Owned)
HR24-200 (Owned/spare)

Samsung HLP5063

#5 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,348 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:39 AM

Yes, it increased for everyone.

Technically speaking, not everyone's rates went up.

#6 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 10:59 AM

What situation, other than Plus DVR/HD DVR did a persons rates not go up? If you had them seperated (DVR, HD and Whole Home), you were paying 21/18, now it goes to 23/20. If you were paying the 20$ Advanced Reciever fee, it goes to 23$. It brings in line the costs for all 3 services whether they are paid for seperately, or you have the advanced reciever charge, with both now paying 23$.

#7 OFFLINE   WestDC

WestDC

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,484 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:18 AM

I'm just about "Serviced"-out
"Let's Have Some Fun!"

#8 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,348 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 February 2013 - 11:24 AM

What situation, other than Plus DVR/HD DVR did a persons rates not go up? If you had them seperated (DVR, HD and Whole Home), you were paying 21/18, now it goes to 23/20. If you were paying the 20$ Advanced Reciever fee, it goes to 23$. It brings in line the costs for all 3 services whether they are paid for seperately, or you have the advanced reciever charge, with both now paying 23$.

One example would be someone on the Entertainment package without a DVR.

Someone with price protection wouldn't see it now, but of course will catch up later.

#9 OFFLINE   ke3ju

ke3ju

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts
  • LocationStroudsburg, PA and Seminole, FL

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:36 PM

I was wondering that...they shouldn't if you're still under contract, right?
1 - HR20-100S
1 - HR21-100B
1 - HR22-700
1 - HR24-500
1 - R22

'Any fool can write code that a computer can understand.
Good programmers write code that humans can understand.'
Martin Fowler

#10 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,348 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:33 PM

Depending on what the deal was when a new subscriber joined, they may be temporarily excluded. I'm currently under contract, and my rate went up, but I didn't have a new customer price guarantee.

#11 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,347 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:59 PM

Once in a while I call CSR to threaten to cancel saying that I'm switching to Dish to get the new Hopper, and when I mention that they get into a panic mode and give bill credits even DVR fees or HD, since they know everyone is getting the price increase this year and don't want to risk losing customers, especially long time or good payment history customers.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 
Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

#12 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,058 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:21 PM

Contract does not mean fixed rate, it just depends on the deal that each user may have gotten when they signed up.

#13 OFFLINE   HinterXGames

HinterXGames

Godfather

• Registered
  • 313 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:24 AM

One example would be someone on the Entertainment package without a DVR.

Someone with price protection wouldn't see it now, but of course will catch up later.

Um, I wasn't talking all services? The thread was specifically about the DVR fee. Everyone who has DVR service, saw their DVR service price go up?

#14 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,348 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 15 February 2013 - 07:36 AM

Um, I wasn't talking all services? The thread was specifically about the DVR fee. Everyone who has DVR service, saw their DVR service price go up?

That's covered under my second comment. Not everyone with DVR service saw it go up, they will go up later, but not now.

#15 OFFLINE   ThomasM

ThomasM

RF Engineer

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,317 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, WI

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:54 PM

That's covered under my second comment. Not everyone with DVR service saw it go up, they will go up later, but not now.

How so? I had PLUS DVR with NO HD and my DVR fee is going up $2 to $10 a month. In addtion, PLUS DVR is no longer but has been converted to Choice Extra Classic with the DVR fee separated as "advanced receiver-DVR".

3LNB Phase III Dish * 2-R15-300 * R22-200 * D12-100 * DirecTV Subscriber since Y2K

#16 OFFLINE   dpeters11

dpeters11

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,348 posts
  • LocationCincinnati

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:59 PM

You aren't a newer customer who had a price guarantee. The point was made that everyone's price went up, and that is not the case with all DVR customers, unless I'm wrong that there had been a promotion with a price lock.

#17 OFFLINE   Beerstalker

Beerstalker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,986 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 10:46 AM

I think what they are trying to say is yes, most people will see the DVR fee increase. However some new customers who signed up recently with one of the promotions that guarantee a certain price for a certain length of time won't see the increase until after that promotion runs out. Also I believe the people with the old Premier plan that had free DVR service as part of it will not see this increase, only an increase in their package price (there are very few of those people left though I think).
Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn’t drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver."
-by Jack Handy

#18 OFFLINE   codespy

codespy

Go Pack Go!

• Registered
  • 693 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 February 2013 - 10:03 PM

........Also I believe the people with the old Premier plan that had free DVR service as part of it will not see this increase, only an increase in their package price (there are very few of those people left though I think).

You are spot on....and I am happy to be one of them. :)

spam firewall