Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Whole home receiver ID problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   pipaloo

pipaloo

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 26 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 08:08 AM

My genie is suddenly showing my other DVRs by their ID number rather than the name assigned to them when in the playlist -- instead of "bedroom" for example, it says the ID number. I did make sure that the ID is correct on the other DVRs and that all other whole home functions are working. How can I fix this.

#2 OFFLINE   Diana C

Diana C

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 14 February 2013 - 12:01 PM

Try restarting the Genie.

Dish Network Customer from 9/1998-11/2001
DirecTV Customer 10/2001 - 7/2014

FiOS TV/TiVo Customer since 6/2014
Moderator, DBSDish.com 1999-2000
Co-Founder and Administrator, DBSForums.com 2000-2006

Current setup:
DirecTV: HR34-700 (1TB) / HR24-100 (1TB) / HR24-500 (1TB) / HR21-700 (320GB) / HR21-100 (1TB) / 2 H25s / C41-500 / SWiM16 / Nomad / CCK

FiOS: 2 Tivo Roamio Pros (6 TB total) / 5 Tivo Minis attached via MOCA

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,733 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:05 PM

Try restarting the Genie.

"If in doubt" reboot. :lol:

I've seen this before after I changed a location name. A reboot gets the naming back.
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   HoTat2

HoTat2

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,972 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA.

Posted 15 February 2013 - 06:18 PM

My genie is suddenly showing my other DVRs by their ID number rather than the name assigned to them when in the playlist -- instead of "bedroom" for example, it says the ID number. I did make sure that the ID is correct on the other DVRs and that all other whole home functions are working. How can I fix this.

Specifically, the "IDs" are actually the MAC addresses of the DECA nodes displaying I presume.

spam firewall