Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox Soccer Plus Free Preview

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   blackhawkzone

blackhawkzone

Godfather

• Registered
  • 532 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

FOX has announced that FOX Soccer Plus will have a free preview that begins on Saturday, February 16. The preview will run through February 24.

The FA Cup, Premier League, UEFA Champions League, UEFA Europa League and Scottish Premier League will all be featured during the eight-day stretch.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Barcthespark

Barcthespark

Godfather

• Registered
  • 376 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 04:15 PM

I'm not sure a free preview of FSP will bring in any new subscribers. When they see that it is full-time SD with only a few HD live games they will probably decide it isn't worth $14.99 per month.

However, I'll be subscribing to it in March because it is the only channel to carry Footy.

Edited by Barcthespark, 14 February 2013 - 04:24 PM.

#3 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 14 February 2013 - 05:58 PM

I'm not sure a free preview of FSP will bring in any new subscribers. When they see that it is full-time SD with only a few HD live games they will probably decide it isn't worth $14.99 per month.

However, I'll be subscribing to it in March because it is the only channel to carry Footy.

Even though you may be right I hope more people watch this week so going forward to NBC they will know that we want soccer in HD. I hope NBC gives us all games and also all in HD.

#4 OFFLINE   TJNash

TJNash

AllStar

• Registered
  • 160 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:00 PM

Even though you may be right I hope more people watch this week so going forward to NBC they will know that we want soccer in HD. I hope NBC gives us all games and also all in HD.

FS+ has a full time HD feed. Directv chooses only to carry live games in HD.

#5 OFFLINE   donalddickerson2005

donalddickerson2005

Legend

• Registered
  • 230 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:23 PM

FS+ has a full time HD feed. Directv chooses only to carry live games in HD.

I know that all to well I don't know why they don't just put it on just the HD station like all other programs.

#6 OFFLINE   sdk009

sdk009

Icon

• Registered
  • 689 posts
  • LocationStanislaus County Farmland

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:31 AM

Why is this channel still only offered as a stand-alone channel?
I know that Oceanic Time Warner offers it in its $5.99 sports pack that includes all the other sports channels (including the Pac-12 Net, Speed, BeIn, CBS & NBC Sports, etc) except for out-of-area RSNs .

#7 OFFLINE   cmasia

cmasia

Icon

• Registered
  • 741 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:06 AM

[quote name='sdk009']Why is this channel still only offered as a stand-alone channel?
QUOTE]

That question is my only beef with DirecTV.
$15 per month with only part time HD is absurd.

I'm certain the "DirecTV can do no wrong" group - or individual - will come back with "Contracts, contracts, contracts".

I'm not buying that as this has gone on for years, dating back to before Fox took the channel upon Setanta's demise.

Now, having said that, I called to complain one day when a scheduled HD feed did not appear. The rep, without any request from me, gave me a $15 per month credit for 12 months.
So it's hard to complain when I'm in fact getting something for nothing right now.

I'm really hoping this entire channel goes away when the EPL season ends, and Fox rebalances all the the remaining FSC and FSP programming into their new sports channel configurations.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...