Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Signal problems on 22 receiver system

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   longrider

longrider

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 3,113 posts
  • LocationElizabeth, CO

Posted 12 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

When I did this I also made a start of cleaning up the horrific mess the third party installers had made. I should have done so a long time ago, but never had the time to devote to it. I took some "before" pictures, I'll have to post them when I'm done and have the "after". If there's a hall of fame for ugly install jobs, the before picture might be in the running. :)

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=155654
My Setup

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Bill Broderick

Bill Broderick

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,457 posts
  • LocationLong Island

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

Thanks to continue following up with your progress. I hate those same idiots as you do.

#23 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,243 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:26 AM

Inquiring minds always like followup.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

#24 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,391 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=155654

If that's the best anyone's got, even my 'after' might still win! :D Imagine nearly 100 coaxes and cat5 cables coming down from the ceiling in a huge mass that ends in a giant tangle, with only 3/4 of them tagged.

#25 OFFLINE   slice1900

slice1900

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,391 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:24 PM

One final update. I still had some odd issues once in a while with pixellation and signal dropouts on the 103ca sat, turned out I had three problems, the aforementioned misaligned dish and damaged jumper cables, also a bad LNB. Since replacing the LNB a couple weeks ago everything has been great, my signals are all mid 90s on all sats, channel changes happen without the annoying "searching for signal" for 5-6 seconds like I sometimes saw on certain channels, picture is perfect all the time on all receivers.

Thanks to everyone who offered help and suggestions!

Protected By... spam firewall...And...