Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hitachi 42hdt79 and HDCP

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   goblazers_6

goblazers_6

AllStar

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:33 AM

Customer has an HR34-700 connected to his Hitachi 42hdt79 with HDMI and component cables. When on HDMI there are white dots that flicker on the screen and the screen blanks out for one to thirty seconds. But this only happens on the 500+ channels, hbo, starz, showtime. All other HD channels are fine. When on the component input the picture looks great on all channels, even 500+. The Element brand TV upstairs with a c31-700 is connected with HDMI has no issues. Signal is perfect install is up to code.

Is this an hdcp issue or am I missing something else?
My Setup: Triple-Sat LNB to a SWM-16 with a 21v power supply - HR24 with a DECA - HR24 with a BSF - H20 with a DECA

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   goblazers_6

goblazers_6

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

Okay so we replaced the HDMI cable that's in the wall and it resolved the issue. Is it possible that the cable was too old and didn't support HDCP protocol?
My Setup: Triple-Sat LNB to a SWM-16 with a 21v power supply - HR24 with a DECA - HR24 with a BSF - H20 with a DECA

#3 OFFLINE   samrs

samrs

MANC

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,143 posts
  • LocationFlat Branch, NC

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:10 PM

Iv'e seen some of the heavier ones that had lots of insulation and the braided cover on the outside do this across all the channels. The weight of the cable would cause it to pull down on the HDMI port causing sparkles or loss of picture. If you held it in place it worked fine. A free cable off my truck resolved the issue. I have one from monoprice that does this on my Panny, or used to.
HR20-100, HR20-700, HR24-100, HR34-700/AM21

spam firewall