Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Free MLB Extra Innings?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   EdBott

EdBott

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:15 PM

Can anyone here verify this?

h t t p ://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/305233-DIRECTV-to-Offer-FREE-MLB-Extra-Innings!

If this is true I am dropping dish!

Ps sorry about URL I can't post links yet.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   mshaw2715

mshaw2715

Slow but steady.

• Registered
  • 834 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Washington

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:35 PM

Looks like it is new customers only.

#3 OFFLINE   tonyd79

tonyd79

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 12,463 posts
  • LocationColumbia, MD

Posted 15 February 2013 - 03:21 PM

New customers. Way back in 95, I signed up with the same offer.

Not really that new. They often use different packages (like NFL) as an incentive.
LR: HR34-700, H24-200, Fios DVR, BD350 Blu Ray, Roku Netflix Player, Chromecast, Sony 65w850 TV
BR: HR21-200, Viso 32LX, DB350 Blu Ray
Dish: Slimline, SWM8
Other: genieGo

#4 OFFLINE   Starchild

Starchild

Legend

• Registered
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 March 2013 - 08:24 PM

Been trying to get it free. No luck yet.
Directv since 1996
HD since 2001

#5 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:58 PM

Are there any updates on this? I tried calling to get a discount from retention just now and was told "we dont have anything"....so I am going to try later like 10pm..sometimes if you talk to one of the west coast retention CSRs you get a different response. Theres only 3 weeks until the season so they better come up with something quick or I am dropping it. I am not paying 200 bucks and they have already billed me 33 dollars twice. Anyone else get any reduction in price on this?

tonyd you are a big baseball fan...did you get a discount on EI?

#6 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,861 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

I can confirm through a DIRECTV dealer that new customers who sign up between 3/1 and 4/15 will get free Extra Innings. However the offer is limited to new customers. Calling and complaining could get you something, but it's not likely to get you a free sports package.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#7 OFFLINE   dtrell

dtrell

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:19 PM

I can confirm through a DIRECTV dealer that new customers who sign up between 3/1 and 4/15 will get free Extra Innings. However the offer is limited to new customers. Calling and complaining could get you something, but it's not likely to get you a free sports package.

Stuart, I and many others on here have never paid full price for a sports package. I havent paid full price in 4 years. It is hard to believe that theres NOTHING they have for retention on the package, so I will keep trying. I was just wondering if anyone else has had any luck yet.

#8 OFFLINE   newred5

newred5

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 23 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 06:20 PM

I also called and attempted to get free MLB extra Innings ... Ended with a 159.00 discount, 10.00 off 6 months, free Starz/Showtime and a 200.00 Visa Gift card ..they didn't want to give it to me for free , they gave me more discounts than free but absolutely wouldn't give it for free .. A one year extension of my contract was needed as well

spam firewall