Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Sonictap

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 16 February 2013 - 12:28 PM

I just read recently that SONICTAP (DMX) was bought out by a company from Canada i think and is now called "MOOD MEDIA" -- I wonder if this is why DTV was thinking about dropping them in January??

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Mood_Media

I wonder if quality will get worse.... (Commercials added to music streams,etc) Seeing as the company who bought them IS IN CANADA,i dont think that will happen but you cant ever be sure......

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cypherx

cypherx

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,761 posts
  • LocationPA - Berks County

Posted 16 February 2013 - 09:47 PM

I noticed they are now the parent owner of Pandora for Business. They also bought Muzak and the CD music channels on the echo star 119 bird. We use "Hot FM" from Muzak service off a Dish Network receiver for work. It's outrageously priced, like a tad over $400 a year, so were looking at Pandora for Business which is only $24.95 a month. Hope this company doesn't do away with this service or pricing.

I personally prefer Music Choice which is a cable offering. The music on "hit list" is much more up to date.

- > Link to my setup thread< -

My  DirecTV HD WISHLIST:  NickJR, Nicktoons, Revolt.TV, FXM, We, Oxygen, The Hub, Fuse, GSN, Sprout, GAC, Esquire, MTV2, BBC World News, Ovation, Reelz , Sundance, Up, Music Choice Play HD (formerly SWRV), Al Jazeera America, Military Channel, NASA

My DirecTV SD WISHLIST: MTV Hits, MTV Jams, Music Choice, Youtoo TV

---
HR24-200
H24-200

#3 OFFLINE   Grafixguy

Grafixguy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 380 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

I just read recently that SONICTAP (DMX) was bought out by a company from Canada i think and is now called "MOOD MEDIA" -- I wonder if this is why DTV was thinking about dropping them in January??

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Mood_Media

I wonder if quality will get worse.... (Commercials added to music streams,etc) Seeing as the company who bought them IS IN CANADA,i dont think that will happen but you cant ever be sure......

What makes you think they were thinking of dropping them? There were some silly unfounded rumors floating around that SiriusXM was coming back but they were just that...silly unfounded rumors.

#4 OFFLINE   Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 351 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 17 February 2013 - 07:41 AM

silly unfounded rumors exactly, the source was wikipedia

#5 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Lets hope they were!!!

I personally prefer Music Choice which is a cable offering. The music on "hit list" is much more up to date.

So Do I... I think they are the best!!

#6 OFFLINE   ken100

ken100

AllStar

• Registered
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 11:56 PM

bring back music choice and why not add 100 plus channels of it so you can pad your channel line up like dish

#7 OFFLINE   Xsabresx

Xsabresx

Icon

• Registered
  • 981 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

silly unfounded rumors exactly, the source was wikipedia

Unfounded?

From Sonic Tap's site:

Sonic Tap is a DMX project. DMX, the first music service to license and program original artist music, has been creating unforgettable brand experiences for commercial environments since 1971

http://www.sonictap.com/About.aspx

From DMX's site.

DMX, Inc., a Texas corporation, is owned by Mood Media Corporation and is now doing business under the Mood brand.

http://www.dmx.com/

On a side note Mood Media was just on Undercover Boss
since 2001

HR20-700 -- LG 55LH55 LCD
HR23-700 -- Sony KDL-60EX500 LCD
HR21-100 --Vizio VA26LHDTV10T
H24-100 -- Hitachi 51F59 Rear Projection
H24-100 -- Some tube that wont die

#8 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,891 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:07 PM

Unfounded?

He's talking about the unsourced wikipedia entry claiming DirecTV was going to switch back to XM last January.
http://www.dbstalk.c...ad.php?t=211671

#9 OFFLINE   Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68

Godfather

• DBSTalk Club
  • 351 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 18 February 2013 - 05:53 PM

Sorry, I should have been more clear, the unfounded rumors I referred to was the exit of DMX and SiriusXM's return to Directv.

#10 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:46 PM

Thats OK my friend,lets all be glad THEY DIDNT DO IT!!

spam firewall