Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Switched to Directv Tivo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   facerw

facerw

Mentor

• Registered
  • 50 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

Back in 2004 my wife and I received an SD Directv TIVO and it lasted us until we got an HD set and had to move to a Directv HD DVR. After a few years with the DirectTV DVR and issues with this particular model (slowness on buttons) in late 2012 we moved back to the Tivo HD DVR.

Only complain I have is that it likes to record its enhanced content at certain times of the day. Any way I can change that? Doesn't seem to be a problem back in the old tivo days.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   sbl

sbl

Icon

• DBSTalk Club
  • 831 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 04:22 PM

No, there is no control over this. I have seen many other complaints. Curious that I have never encountered the issue myself, but then we tend not to watch live TV at all.

Steve

My Setup

#3 OFFLINE   spanishannouncetable

spanishannouncetable

Icon

• Registered
  • 717 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 07:14 PM

You will have another complaint when it fails to record a show because the background tuner stops buffering and gets stuck that way until you reset the receiver.

My THR-22 failed to record THE FOLLOWING on Feb. 4 but I didn't know it until I tried to watch it on the 16th and had nothing but black screen recorded for a full hour. I pay Directv an extra $5 for this thing and quite frankly it sucks that I had to watch it on hulu :(
Fox News : It grows on you... kinda like cancer.

spam firewall