Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hopper/1 Joey compatibility with Comcast internet

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   computerdoc

computerdoc

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 11:45 AM

I was a happy Dish customer for many years until the AMC debacle, and my brother-in-law worked for Comcast and got me a good deal. I'm still in that first year of obligation, but plan to return to Dish in July. Previously I had a 622 receiver in my basement on my main TV, with an output to existing internal cabling to a second TV on the upper floor. I also had a Comcast internet line running in to the top floor of our town house, and ran both Powerline and wireless internet from that. My question is if that same setup will work with the Hopper/1 Joey setup? I like Comcast speed but can't stand anything else about them (and my b-i-l no longer works for them...ha). Also, I had two external hard drives full of movies that I had recorded. Will they be accessible on the Hopper/1 Joey system I have described?

Thanks in advance,
Jim:)

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   garys

garys

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,166 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 06:07 PM

The line for the Hopper need to be direct from the node and cannot be combined with any other source (cable, internet, OTA, ect.) but I believe the line for the Joey may be used (I am not totally sure on this, I'm sure others will chime in). Any recordings on an EHD used with a 622, 612, 722(k) and 922 will work so you should have no problem there.

#3 OFFLINE   P Smith

P Smith

Mr. FixAnything

• Registered
  • 19,918 posts
  • LocationMediterranean Sea

Posted 18 February 2013 - 08:40 PM

Take a look for diagrams here : www.dishuser.org/hopper.php

#4 OFFLINE   LtMunst

LtMunst

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 08:46 AM

but I believe the line for the Joey may be used (I am not totally sure on this, I'm sure others will chime in).

The Moca line to the Joeys runs 650-875Mhz. Comcast internet downstream also falls into this band in some areas. Could cause issues.
Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, Joey x2

#5 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:28 AM

, I had two external hard drives full of movies that I had recorded. Will they be accessible on the Hopper/1 Joey system I have described?

Thanks in advance,
Jim:)

Unless you maintained the account no. The key for those drives belong to the old account.

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

#6 OFFLINE   puckwithahalo

puckwithahalo

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,286 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 11:44 AM

Unless you maintained the account no. The key for those drives belong to the old account.

As long as he restarts the old account and doesn't get a new account, shouldn't be an issue. And restarting the old account is what should happen (should being the operative term here).
The postings on this site are my own and don't represent Dish's positions, strategies, or opinions.

-Puck

#7 OFFLINE   RasputinAXP

RasputinAXP

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 01:06 PM

And restarting the old account is what should happen (should being the operative term here).

Right. Should. :D We use that word a lot at work...

"That should have worked..."

"Belligerent and numerous."

Sometimes I update the Dish Network FAQ

AT200, Hopper & 360 via HDMI to Onkyo 505 to basement 42" Westy, Hopper via Comp-over-Cat5 to living room 42" Vizio with a Roku 3, Joey to Toshiba 32" LCD with a Logitech Revue. You want fries with that? Pull up to the 2nd window.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...