Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Question about HR34 RVU Client Remote

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   nhaydon

nhaydon

AllStar

• Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 19 February 2013 - 02:38 PM

I have looked everywhere and talked to D* but I dont want to use the Samsung remote for my RVU client tv. I am not using the C31. What are my options? Can I use a RC70? RC71? Any help would be appreciated.
(3) HR24-500
110" VuTec Screen
Optoma HD72

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   nhaydon

nhaydon

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:18 AM

I have looked everywhere and talked to D* but I dont want to use the Samsung remote for my RVU client tv. I am not using the C31. What are my options? Can I use a RC70? RC71? Any help would be appreciated.

Anyone have any info on this?
(3) HR24-500
110" VuTec Screen
Optoma HD72

#3 OFFLINE   veryoldschool

veryoldschool

Lifetime Achiever

• Moderators
  • 41,726 posts

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:24 AM

This is old, but suggests it does work:
http://forums.direct...mentID=11028869
A.K.A VOS

#4 OFFLINE   RAD

RAD

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 15,986 posts
  • LocationDripping Springs, TX

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Good luck trying to get a RC70 remote, I tried a number of times, even going to Ellen's office and nobody has these remotes anymore. I wasn't able to find one even on E-Bay. I've heard a rumor that they might come out with a RC71 that works with the Samsung RVU client but nothing more.

There is a cheat sheet in thread http://blog.solidsig...-Genie-and-RVU? that shows how the buttons map to a 2011 Samsung remote if that helps.

See post My Setup for configuration info.

spam firewall