Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

hd fee

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 OFFLINE   acostapimps

acostapimps

Hall Of Famer

• Registered
  • 1,864 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

If you ask or say that you're in financial strain and need your bill lowered, they might give out credits either to offset the HD fee, or waive the HD fee for 6,12 or 24 months and if your lucky more bill credits.

Directv Genie DVR HR44-700
Directv HD DVR HR24-500
Directv HD Receiver H24-200
Directv Wireless Mini Client C41W-100 (Deactivated)
Directv Standard SD Receiver D12-700 

SWM 16  SWM 8-Way Splitter  SWM 2-Way Splitter  Slimline 5LNB  

Directv Subscriber From 2009-?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#42 OFFLINE   onan38

onan38

Legend

• Registered
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:40 PM

My free hd for 12 months finally ended this month.I called and spoke to a regular CSR after talking with his supervisor.He told me he could credit me $20 for this month and next month and to call back the middle of august.He also told me that Directv was starting a new system in the next 3 months for long term customers and that we would enjoy additional savings and credits that a long term customer would get better savings and credits that the current new customers get. I will see if that happens when i call back the middle of Aug.

#43 OFFLINE   peds48

peds48

🙈🙉🙊📡

• DBSTalk Club
  • 12,278 posts
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

.He also told me that Directv was starting a new system in the next 3 months for long term customers and that we would enjoy additional savings and credits that a long term customer would get better savings and credits that the current new customers get..

Hmmm, I am having hard time seeing how can this be true.  To begin, DirecTV is not supposed to divulge any future plans....

Here’s to the crazy ones.
The misfits. The rebels.
The the troublemakers.
The round pegs in the square holes.

The ones who see things different.
They’re not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo.

Think Differently 

#44 OFFLINE   PrinceLH

PrinceLH

Godfather

• Registered
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:01 PM

I don't find it fair that about 3 years ago, new subs got HD for life.  Shouldn't they also be covering long time subs for this?  I've been fighting with them, off and on about this.  I get credits for 6 months then I start getting charged again and have to call and complain.  

#45 OFFLINE   machavez00

machavez00

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,644 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:45 PM

I upgraded to the Genie in March.  I was off contract for five years and my free 24 months end 08/12.    The CSR noticed that and said my HD fee would be coming off the bill, it hasn't as of the last bill.  I checked the DirecTV website today and I don't see it on "My Programming" when I had in the past.  I'll have to wait foe the next bill.

Edited by machavez00, 09 July 2013 - 09:45 PM.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...