Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

RF reception on HR-24

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dueport

dueport

Mentor

• Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Wondering if anyone has an option for improved RF reception for the HR-24? I have an HR-24 in our basement about 50' away from our kitchen on the floor above with television connected through in wall HDMI. It works well but the remote is less responsive than our other RF remotes for other receivers. I suspect this is because of the greater distance between the kitchen receiver and remote relative to the other receivers and their remotes. Obviously one way to improve reception would be to move it closer but that is not an option for us given the layout of our kitchen and basement. Wondering if anyone knows of a dongle for the HR-24 to improve RF reception for the remote?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Stuart Sweet

Stuart Sweet

The Shadow Knows!

• Super Moderators
  • 36,861 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 12:58 PM

Seems to be that there are other options for that sort of dilemma. I know Vanco makes an HDMI IR Control Kit with HDMI Adapters that passes IR through the HDMI cable. You wouldn't be using RF but if you're in line of sight to the TV you could get those signals to the HR24 quite easily.
Opinions expressed by me are my own and do not necessarily reflect
those of DBSTalk.com, DIRECTV, DISH, The Signal Group, or any other company.

#3 OFFLINE   dueport

dueport

Mentor

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 66 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:08 PM

Thank you Stewart - I was hoping to avoid a solution like that to avoid clutter in the kitchen. I thought prior models had a screw on adaptor for RF was hoping there was some sort of similar USB dongle or something that folks may know about. Otherwise I'll pursue the option you suggest.

#4 OFFLINE   spartanstew

spartanstew

Dry as a bone

• Registered
  • 12,434 posts
  • LocationWylie, Texas

Posted 20 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

Or the Next Generation, where all you'd see is the IR cord (depending on your setup).

(I might even have an extra one for cheap)

I'm sure Directv can't wait to get their hands on your unit.

Directv customer since 2000

spam firewall