Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Great. Just what we need, more ADS. Marketer Capturing CAPTCHA

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 01:58 PM

Now when performing a Web task, such as purchasing event tickets from Ticketmaster, for example, you may no longer be met with a swirling mix of letters and numbers, but instead by an advertisement or common brand logo. Rather than demanding that you decipher a completely pointless combination of fuzzy words, you could simply be asked to recite a well-known company slogan. The security pop-up might even ask you to view an ad image and then type the company's name.

The new system is turning out to be a big time saver for just about everyone, and Web users are typically able to confirm their humanity much faster than with the standard verification tool. New York-based Solve Media—one of the leaders of the ad-based verification revolution—claims the ads it uses for user confirmation take about seven seconds to complete, cutting wasted time in half.

http://news.yahoo.co...-205416291.html

I've already seen it. One word ..... STUPID!!!!!
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   phrelin

phrelin

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,428 posts
  • LocationNorthern California Redwoods

Posted 20 February 2013 - 02:23 PM

The moment I run into this, I will not buy from or otherwise use the web site that presents me with an interactive ad preventing me from accomplishing my goal.

"In a hundred years there'll be a whole new set of people."
"Always poke the bears. They sleep too much for their own good."

"If you're good enough, they'll talk about you." - Tom Harmon
A GEEZER who remembers watching TV in 1951 and was an Echostar customer from 1988 to 2008, now a Dish Network customer.
My AV Setup
My Slingbox Pro HD Experience
My Blog: The Redwood Guardian

#3 OFFLINE   Dude111

Dude111

Legend

• Registered
  • 491 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

Neither Will i!!!!!

The spam is getting insane!!!!!

#4 OFFLINE   sigma1914

sigma1914

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 13,982 posts
  • LocationAllen, TX

Posted 20 February 2013 - 07:37 PM

Good!! Some of those things are difficult to read.
If you stop responding to them or put them on ignore, then eventually they'll go away.

#5 OFFLINE   4HiMarks

4HiMarks

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,314 posts
  • LocationLaurel, MD

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:42 PM

Bad news guys (for about half of you anyway). I ran into one the other day, and the company that was being advertised was Dish.
Dish subscriber since 2000, HD since 2004.

#6 OFFLINE   Tom Robertson

Tom Robertson

Lifetime Achiever

• DBSTalk Club
  • 20,252 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:07 PM

I don't have a problem with it, so long as it quickens my access to things. CAPTCHA was getting harder and harder to pass as twisted the letters were.

Peace,
Tom

Go Packers!

My real treasures: 5 Grandchildren - S, D, M, M, C ; Now 5! Great-Grandtibbers - B, H, J, A, and M (Born 7/31/2011)

#7 OFFLINE   billsharpe

billsharpe

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,236 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:16 PM

I don't have a problem with it, so long as it quickens my access to things. CAPTCHA was getting harder and harder to pass as twisted the letters were.

Peace,
Tom

+1

Sometimes I had to try 4 or more entries before I got the CAPTCHA letters right. I prefer the "solve a simple math problem" approach, but I've only seen that in a couple places.
Bill

Family room: Sony Bravia KDL-40SL130
Living room: Sceptre 32 inch

#8 OFFLINE   hilmar2k

hilmar2k

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,251 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 08:16 PM

+1

Sometimes I had to try 4 or more entries before I got the CAPTCHA letters right. I prefer the "solve a simple math problem" approach, but I've only seen that in a couple places.

The website I have for my company uses a "What color is grass?" or "What color is snow?" question system. Much better in my opinion.

#9 OFFLINE   SayWhat?

SayWhat?

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5,586 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:08 AM

Y'all must not have seen these yet. They run a video ad before you even get the code/question to solve.
Help stamp out Twits and Twitterers!

HD, SchmacHD!! Just be glad you've got a picture at all.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...