Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Menu -> My DirecTV section as a Thumbnail View Playlist

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:42 AM

Being a visual person I get wore out reading a list of text & at that one that only displays 6 lines.

When you click Menu you get My DirecTV which personally its never helped me find whats on tonight or what I'd like.

However this would be an exceptionally easy way to view a Thumbnail view of the playlist. I'm dying for a thumbnail vs text based view of the playlist like every streaming box/service uses.

When clicking on the Thumbnail I think a great way to display would look something like the On Demand channels. They offer a great wealth of information on one screen.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0464.jpg
  • IMG_0465.jpg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mr. Tact

Mr. Tact

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 14 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 07:48 AM

As long as I can default to text, fine. Otherwise, no thank you.

#3 OFFLINE   Rent_Share

Rent_Share

AllStar

• Registered
  • 67 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 09:22 AM

If it were the only option I would change providers

Less than zero interest

Dish Slimline-5 WB68 MRV Enabled (Non Supported) Cat 5
HR20-100 - HR21/100 - HR23-700 - Not Networked DSR708 SD

#4 OFFLINE   Jerry_K

Jerry_K

Godfather

• Registered
  • 433 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:05 AM

The TiVo method is fifteen thousand times more useful. List of stations down the left side, highlighted one shows what is playing for the next twelve segments. As fast as you can click up and down you get lots of info. With the DTV DVR you have to drill down to the channel six at a time, the left click, then hit info, then wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait then finally a list like TiVo has real time comes up.
Genie (nee HR34) 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1601, Sharp 40" LED
HR24 2TB Internal, Magnavox NR1501, Sansui 32" LCD

#5 OFFLINE   Rtm

Rtm

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 392 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 04:17 PM

As long as I can default to text, fine. Otherwise, no thank you.

If it were the only option I would change providers

Less than zero interest

At no time did I mention changing the normal playlist or this being the only option I mentioned a different view. I just simply asked for an area that was a little different that could potentially be put where My DirecTV is right now. Heck they could even put an extra panel under settings that says Playlist for this feature and leave My DirecTV and I'd be fine.

The TiVo method is fifteen thousand times more useful. List of stations down the left side, highlighted one shows what is playing for the next twelve segments. As fast as you can click up and down you get lots of info. With the DTV DVR you have to drill down to the channel six at a time, the left click, then hit info, then wait and wait and wait and wait and wait and wait then finally a list like TiVo has real time comes up.

I'm not sure how the TiVo works but at the current state my DirecTV receivers newest being a HR24-100 are all too slow to be scrolling at 6 shows and channels at a time and I need to see more information if it's going to take so long to get to the next screen.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...